Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Departing Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by BBledd BBledd wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Ball class but starting to be a bit injury prone. No test matches will prolong his career

Wouldn't shock me  if we see him France  in a year or two

Or Japan....

I think we'll see him in Japan sooner rather than later. Big loss.

We need a lock, a centre and possibly 7 and 9 cover.
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:56pm
Last night I was watching a very good interview between Jake and Garan. It was 45 minutes long but I only saw the first 10 and somehow lost the link. Anyone got it?

Edited by ScarletBear - 27 May 2021 at 1:56pm
Scarlets before Wales
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:02pm
Scarletbear if you go on youtube and find the scarlets channel its all on there. 

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:03pm
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

According to todays WoL Jake Ball has already played his last game for the Scarlets and has departed to meet his family in Australia.
No doubt he will be missed and its a great shame the supporters didn't get the chance to say goodby.

Jake & Uzair attended a CRYS16 Zoom meeting on Monday evening where supporters had the chance to thank them in person  for their time and effort over the years. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

According to todays WoL Jake Ball has already played his last game for the Scarlets and has departed to meet his family in Australia.
No doubt he will be missed and its a great shame the supporters didn't get the chance to say goodby.

Jake & Uzair attended a CRYS16 Zoom meeting on Monday evening where supporters had the chance to thank them in person  for their time and effort over the years. 
It was good. Unfortunately I had to leave after 30 minutes as my daughter needed a lift
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:25pm
There's been a lot of footage of Jake in recent days, his interview with Garan and You Tube video of him in action.  He came across very well in the interview and Dai Flanagan had nothing but praise for him for his attitude in training since his last game saying he put max effort in to helping the team and asking what he could do to help.

He will be a big loss to the squad.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

There's been a lot of footage of Jake in recent days, his interview with Garan and You Tube video of him in action.  He came across very well in the interview and Dai Flanagan had nothing but praise for him for his attitude in training since his last game saying he put max effort in to helping the team and asking what he could do to help.

He will be a big loss to the squad.

Agreed there was a nice write up on him on the WoL. Jake was told he wouldn't play again after the Ospreys match & rather than pack his bags, he turned up on Monday for training & asked how he could assist the youngsters.
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 8:16am
With most of those players having left, I would call an end to the season immediately. The Rainbow cup is a "failed" experiment.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

With most of those players having left, I would call an end to the season immediately. The Rainbow cup is a "failed" experiment.

I don't think you can call it a failed experiment. For sure some of the tinkering with rules have fallen short - but that is why you trial new things - to establish if they are workable/not. The tournament has given some much needed cash to participants, allowed the South African domestic based players much needed games prior to the Lions visit. From a Scarlets point of view our season cannot come to an end quickly enough for most supporters but we have seen the emergence of Tom Rogers as a starting 15 candidate along with Blacker continuing his improvement. Front row resources have been tested with Steffan Thomas & Kemsley Matthias showing good form, jury is out I think on Jeffries but he does appear to have improved considerably under quality coaching. 

In short a bit of a nothing tournament with only a few benefits to be seen from a Scarlet perspective but I very much doubt that the Benetton supporters would agree. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 10:31am

It was ok as a spectacle.
From our perspective it was a total failure. Should have been the opportunity to have a run of games with a settled squad but we were in chaos. 

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 12:36pm

It’s made £500k per club 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

It’s made £500k per club 
It’s often surprising how often people forget that no money  = no club ( including me sometimes! 😉 ).

Edited by reesytheexile - 01 June 2021 at 1:58pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

It’s made £500k per club 
It’s often surprising how often people forget that no money  = no club ( including me sometimes! 😉 ).

It drives me nuts. That's great revenue.
Scarlets before Wales
jimmywilde View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

With most of those players having left, I would call an end to the season immediately. The Rainbowd cup is a "failed" experiment.
It’s made £500k per club 

It drives me nuts. That's great revenue.

You are not alone.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2021 at 2:02pm
It would have been more interesting with the SA clubs playing the Pro14 clubs. The fact that Treviso are top is a bit of a surprise. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic