Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:34pm
Scott is Scarlet through and through in my book. Will be very disappointed if we don’t take this chance to get back one of our best on field leaders of the last decade.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:50pm
I do get all the heartstrings desire to re-sign Scott and I’m on that train.

Due to years of training on money matters, I want the decisions of who we sign to be made from a financial standpoint.

If the governing incompetents attempt to strangle us financially, what alternative do we have for self preservation, sad to say?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:56pm
No sentiment sorry, great player we had his best years
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:59pm
Scott is only 30.and let's be honest,the staff the osprey have in getting players fit I've never rated very highly.weve had players from there in the past who our medical teams have got fit and firing.has to be worth a go,still a genuine world class player 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:01pm
I’m more surprised Bradley Roderick is being released. Looked a reasonable centre prospect from what I’ve seen.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 10:20pm
Bring him back to where he belongs.    Edrych mlaen i weld e nol  gyda ni.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:16pm
No thanks. Love Scott to bits. Exactly the kind of player we don’t need.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:27am
I think it’s definitely worth the club finding out what his body can do. I understand the concerns about his injury problems over the past couple of seasons and the effects that might’ve had on his speed and durability going forward, but if it looks like he’s over those problems he could be very useful. Having a player of his experience, class and power next to Costelow would be a great help to him as he develops.

We’ve lacked a physically imposing centre who will challenge the line for most of this season due to Johnny Williams and Foxy’s unavailability. 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I think it’s definitely worth the club finding out what his body can do. I understand the concerns about his injury problems over the past couple of seasons and the effects that might’ve had on his speed and durability going forward, but if it looks like he’s over those problems he could be very useful. Having a player of his experience, class and power next to Costelow would be a great help to him as he develops.

We’ve lacked a physically imposing centre who will challenge the line for most of this season due to Johnny Williams and Foxy’s unavailability. 
Issue is, with his injuries he’s not likely to be as physical as what we need at 12. Scott was a tremendous player for us, nobody denies it, but player signings must be made on business sense, not sentiment. It goes without saying we have a decent number of older or frequently injured players already, that’s not the signing type we need to go for.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Issue is, with his injuries he’s not likely to be as physical as what we need at 12. Scott was a tremendous player for us, nobody denies it, but player signings must be made on business sense, not sentiment. It goes without saying we have a decent number of older or frequently injured players already, that’s not the signing type we need to go for.

Is the correct answer, plus everybody is being super careful not to offend Will Chips. 
Scarlets before Wales
Formerly Pemberton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Pemberton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 7:25am
I would be glad to see Scott back at the Scarlets as long as its on the right contract, maybe on a smaller salary with a pay as you play element, less risk for the club. He would be a great influence on Academy players coming through with his no nonsense attitude.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 7:38am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Is the correct answer, plus everybody is being super careful not to offend Will Chips. 

From what I have read from Mr Chips over the past few years he does not seem a person who is easily offended provided views are expressed clearly & fairly. Of course Scott has had injury issues. Only he and his medical team know where he is at physically. If we believe, on the evidence available, that Scott can still deliver we would be mad not to go for him. His leadership on and off the field would be worth the signing alone. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

From what I have read from Mr Chips over the past few years he does not seem a person who is easily offended provided views are expressed clearly & fairly. Of course Scott has had injury issues. Only he and his medical team know where he is at physically. If we believe, on the evidence available, that Scott can still deliver we would be mad not to go for him. His leadership on and off the field would be worth the signing alone. 
The evidence of the last three years is not good 30 games for Ospreys is not good return. I did suggest on other post seeing if interested in coaching as a player coach type contract as his experience would be invaluable to our young backs and if we could get ten games a season out of him be worth it then. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 7:58am
You can't really expect to be on a fan's forum as a player's father and not expect the player to be critiqued for his performance(s), good, bad or otherwise.

I think it's pretty healthy when it's well considered actually.
There's guys here that have watched a heck of a lot more (Scarlets) rugby than I have, and seen a huge amount of talent move through the shirt, so those opinions really matter and actually help shape a player.
I've fed back those sorts of views and opinions to Scott on his play etc on countless occasions over the last 15 years.

Edited by Wil Chips - 28 May 2021 at 9:02am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 8:03am
Just for the record, and in no way meant to be defensive, Scott has been un-available for maximum 6 games this season (Jan-March).

It's been known for many months he wouldn't be staying at the O's and so it's understandable that the leadership there are giving other players game time ( i.e. those that are there next season).

Similar to our approach on Asquith's selection I'm guessing.

Edited by Wil Chips - 28 May 2021 at 8:06am
Scarlswb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlswb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 8:16am
Maybe there would be a role for Scott as player/coach. Bags of experience that could be transferred to the younger less experienced players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic