Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 8:42am
Thanks Wil for the update. I really hope Scott comes back to us, but if he doesn't i hope he continues playing professionally as he still has an awful lot to offer.
he will always be a scarlet
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:07am
I don’t think it would be entirely sentimental.

On other threads we’ve mentioned we need centres (after a couple of 2nd rows)

You’ve either got to splash out on a really good one, take a risk on finding a gem in the Academy or wait a season or two to find the next Foxy.

If we signed Scott for a season (or two) on a relatively affordable deal then he could really do a job biding us a some time to find a younger, potentially world class centre to pair with Jonny Williams.

I also think with Peel coming in we could do with a few faces who weren’t present this season given how bad it went. As much change as possible without throwing babies out with the bathwater.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:12am
 Always been a big fan of scott top player, solid pro, good leader  can play 12 or 13 and seems a likeable guy. Ticks a lot of boxes if he is fit would seem silly not to at least have a conversation with him

Edited by RR1972 - 28 May 2021 at 10:54am
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:45am
Provided he passes initial assessment (medical, financial, squad role, coaching?) I'd have him in a Heartbeat.

Plays both centres, defensive leader, ton of experience. Even if it's a 3 month contract to prove fitness first, he's more than worth the risk
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:08am
We need a 13 with pace as Johnny Williams when fit is our 12. Other than Johnny we are seriously weak at centre. Foxy has succumbed to age.
Need a quality 13 who has the ability to create, as currently we don't have that option.
Also need a wing with pace and power as Sanjay has to be our starting 15 going forward.

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:54am
First time I can remember seeing Scott play was against Leeds in one of those Anglo Welsh fixtures we used to have. He and North ran riot that day in what I think might have been their first game for the Scarlets.  Seems a lifetime ago now. I think he would do well back with us and we would do well to have him back. His skill set is whats been missing for the last few seasons.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:35pm
No brainier for me, would have Scott back in an instant as long as the contract sits well in the mode and ado the fitness tests and Medicals etc are clear. Scarlet through and through and would be a huge benefit to have the experience and leadership in the centre. 
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:47pm
Whatever he decides, he will always be one of us and we would back him all the way.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:00pm
Scott is a good defender and I dont think we have that at centre at the moment. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Scott is a good defender and I dont think we have that at centre at the moment. 

Agreed. If the right sort of deal can be struck then I think it's a sensible signing. Something along the lines of 

£xxx basic pay
£yyy per game played
£zzz if fit but unselected

Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Scarlswb Scarlswb wrote:

Maybe there would be a role for Scott as player/coach. Bags of experience that could be transferred to the younger less experienced players.

This
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:17pm
I'm not sure Scott still has the pace he had at his best when he played with us and Wales. The injury record has to be taken into consideration too. On the plus side he has a wealth of experience and would be available all season. With the right contract  (two years/sensible basic salary/injury&incentive clauses) there could be benefits all round. No strong feelings either way but a proper rugby-based decision, rather than a sentimental one must be made.
What's going on?
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:22pm
As a player it's a no brainer. sign him.  But the medics need the last word on this one.  If they have doubts then it's a no.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:26pm
I would jump at the opportunity to get scott back here , this is the type of player we need and have missed greatly, with our current internationals away so much (Scott could easily get back into the international fold) having someone of Scotts quality here would be a missed opportunity if we didnt get him back, was immense for us when he was here and im 110% confident he would be the exact same player he was for us if he came back. His heart is Scarlet and he would give his all as he always did.

Scott could easily start for us even when all of the internationals are available, the experience he could pass onto the younger guys also would be massive for us
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

As a player it's a no brainer. sign him.  But the medics need the last word on this one.  If they have doubts then it's a no.

No, Peel should have the last word, after the medics report that he's got a couple of good seasons left in him.
Keep the faith
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:31pm
Would people be so keen to sign Scott if he wasn’t an ex-Scarlet? I don’t think so. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic