Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

If the WRU are playing funny buggers and not even paying us for the services of the players then surely thats a breach in the contract and that means we dont have to bend over backwards to supply the players to the WRU

Agreed, though how would the players themselves feel about not being released to play for their country?
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 10:49am
That’s the rub by the sounds of it they are not in breach of contract, we have signed up to a rubbish contract,  plus the wru pay 80 per cent of the wages of tge top 38 players don’t they?

Edited by RR1972 - 09 June 2021 at 10:50am
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

If the WRU are playing funny buggers and not even paying us for the services of the players then surely thats a breach in the contract and that means we dont have to bend over backwards to supply the players to the WRU

Agreed, though how would the players themselves feel about not being released to play for their country?

Plenty of other clubs do it, leave them play on weekends that we have to under the IRB world calender but other weekends demand them back like the english and french teams do
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That’s the rub by the sounds of it they are not in breach of contract, we have signed up to a rubbish contract,  plus the wru pay 80 per cent of the wages of tge top 38 players don’t they?

I thought that the 80% was in the funding we get from the WRU which is why we were getting more than the other regions as we supplied more of the players to the welsh team for a few seasons
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 11:01am

Take away the wru incredibly harsh attitude to the regions, what sort of  deal did the regions sign up to that allowed this to happen? No guranteed fixed income seems a big risk
As I understand it we signed up to a high risk high reward contract. Less guaranteed money but more money if the WRU were doing well. Obviously no one saw COVID coming so hard to call it a stupid contract, especially when in 2018 the WRU had record levels of revenue.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I think the joke is they know how crap our recruitment is looking compared to others, some must be on the forum because they know the rumours some people lap up. 
Our recruitment is crap compared to who exactly? You think signing a top end international player in Tomas Lezana is rubbish? WillGriff John is useless as well?

This your first day on here?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Take away the wru incredibly harsh attitude to the regions, what sort of  deal did the regions sign up to that allowed this to happen? No guranteed fixed income seems a big risk
As I understand it we signed up to a high risk high reward contract. Less guaranteed money but more money if the WRU were doing well. Obviously no one saw COVID coming so hard to call it a stupid contract, especially when in 2018 the WRU had record levels of revenue.
who called it a stupid contract? I just said seemed odd not to have a minium gurantee in there
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 1:12pm

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Plenty of other clubs do it, leave them play on weekends that we have to under the IRB world calender but other weekends demand  them back like the english and french teams do
the unions are not paying 80 per cent of those players salaries though
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 1:20pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I think the joke is they know how crap our recruitment is looking compared to others, some must be on the forum because they know the rumours some people lap up. 
Our recruitment is crap compared to who exactly? You think signing a top end international player in Tomas Lezana is rubbish? WillGriff John is useless as well?

This your first day on here?
Would it be so hard for you to offer some rugby related chat?

You say how crap our recruitment is looking. Is that your opinion or the opinion of others? If it’s yours, why do you think ours look so bad? I think that’s the point that ScarletNut is trying to make.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

who called it a stupid contract? I just said seemed odd not to have a minium gurantee in there
Sorry I misread you calling it a rubbish contract. Serves me right for sneaking on here whilst trying to work from home!

I agree it’s odd not to have minimum. But from that I understand it was either a guaranteed commitment from the WRU and a potentially lower amount, or take a risk and tie in our funding to WRU revenue/profit. 

The clubs went for as much money as possible. Probably seemed the sensible choice at the time! Hindsight is 20/20!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 2:18pm
No worries. Covid caught us all by surprise tbh👍👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic