Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nottingham Friendly POTENTIAL Line Ups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nottingham Friendly POTENTIAL Line Ups
    Posted: 17 August 2021 at 11:34am
not sure about anyone else, but registering to claim for tickets for the Nottingham fixture is something that has made me really look forward to the season ahead for many reasons. Dwayne at the helm - really looking forward to seeing not how only Dwayne progresses, but the other new additions to the coaching group and as well how Franks/Kelly may have developed.

As well as that, looking forward to seeing Scott Williams, Corey Baldwin and Tom Price back in a Scarlet shirt.

Apart from the obvious, Im not really convinced we will miss many players to Wales either which will help the side and the coaches settle even quicker. It is sad that it is looking likely that no Welsh international squad member in the Autumn will take part in the first batch of Welsh derby matches.
Something I read by Simon Thomas yesterday - but apparently not big enough for a story. a big failure of WRU yet again - but thats to be discussed on a different thread.

I am assuming we will do the norm of changing the team half time with some players having 15/20mins...In one way I hope we dont do that as I am a believer in forming partnerships...and that only comes with game time. I dont want the side to go into the first match of the season a little undercooked. It would be nice if we can have more than 2 friendly matches, but there we go.

I am assuming that the Welsh internationals will be in contention for the friendlies? i have done the following without the Welsh international players:

15. Tomi Lewis
14. Johnny Mcnicholl
13. Corey Baldwin
12. Scott Williams
11. Ryan Conbeer
10. Sam Costellow
9. Dane Blacker
8. Carwyn Tuipolotu
7. Josh Macleod (if hes back)
6. Aaron Shingler
5. Sam Lousi
4. Morgan Jones
3. WGJ
2. Marc Jones
1. Kemsley Mathias

2nd half:
15. Angus OBrien
14. Joe Roberts
13. Steff Hughes
12. Johnny Williams
11. Tyler Morgan
10. Rhys Patchell
9. Harri Williams
8. Sione Kalamafoni
7. Dan Davis
6. Blade Thomson
5. Tom Price
4. Lewis Rawlins
3. Samson Lee
2. Dom Booth
1. Rob Evans

Maybe feature other academy lads too...like centres Ed James and Iestyn Gwilliam. 

who are people looking forward to seeing ? who do people see coming through to push the first teamers like Tom Rogers did last year ?

Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 11:48am
Pre-season excitement is alive & well I see PE SA WinkThumbs Up. As for break out players this season I think we will see Tomi Lewis get his chance - real pace is just such a great commodity. Morgan Jones & Jac Price to establish themselves as first 23 locks; Steff Thomas & Kemsley Matthias to continue their development under Franks; the Llandeilo connection of Corey, Dan & Iestyn Rees to put current 23 incumbents under pressure. To select one is very difficult but if pushed I would go for Dan Davis - there is something about this lad that excites me. Of course all of them will need good luck with injuries. 

We have two young new coaches - in Dwayne & Hagan so our attack & defence should look very different from last season. They will need time and patience from us but they are both very exciting appointments. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 11:51am
Front row is wide open for selection at this point. 
As is the centre position, in my opinion.

I’m just looking forward to a fresh start and hope that Dwayne will pick the team on merit, at least when it comes to meaningful games.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Pre-season excitement is alive & well I see PE SA WinkThumbs Up. As for break out players this season I think we will see Tomi Lewis get his chance - real pace is just such a great commodity. Morgan Jones & Jac Price to establish themselves as first 23 locks; Steff Thomas & Kemsley Matthias to continue their development under Franks; the Llandeilo connection of Corey, Dan & Iestyn Rees to put current 23 incumbents under pressure. To select one is very difficult but if pushed I would go for Dan Davis - there is something about this lad that excites me. Of course all of them will need good luck with injuries. 

We have two young new coaches - in Dwayne & Hagan so our attack & defence should look very different from last season. They will need time and patience from us but they are both very exciting appointments. 
certainly is! even though i was at the Edinburgh match...something about this fixture that feels, finally...live rugby! been a long wait for us all! Yes Dan Davis is an odd one as a break through player having already featured in 30 games. But his recent injuries has hampered progress lately. The jersey is certainly there for him...6, 7 or 8 will be the debate here. He will be able to slot in well at either IMO .
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 2:36pm
i've said on another topic about Dan. i really think this is a big year for him and on the clips of the players training he seems to have bulked up a lot. A bit like josh macloed has done which has helped his game greatly. 
Dan has all the skills pace to be an excellent player, i think he may now have that power for pro rugby true (lets hope so).

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

not sure about anyone else, but registering to claim for tickets for the Nottingham fixture is something that has made me really look forward to the season ahead for many reasons. Dwayne at the helm - really looking forward to seeing not how only Dwayne progresses, but the other new additions to the coaching group and as well how Franks/Kelly may have developed.

As well as that, looking forward to seeing Scott Williams, Corey Baldwin and Tom Price back in a Scarlet shirt.

Apart from the obvious, Im not really convinced we will miss many players to Wales either which will help the side and the coaches settle even quicker. It is sad that it is looking likely that no Welsh international squad member in the Autumn will take part in the first batch of Welsh derby matches.
Something I read by Simon Thomas yesterday - but apparently not big enough for a story. a big failure of WRU yet again - but thats to be discussed on a different thread.

I am assuming we will do the norm of changing the team half time with some players having 15/20mins...In one way I hope we dont do that as I am a believer in forming partnerships...and that only comes with game time. I dont want the side to go into the first match of the season a little undercooked. It would be nice if we can have more than 2 friendly matches, but there we go.

I am assuming that the Welsh internationals will be in contention for the friendlies? i have done the following without the Welsh international players:

15. Tomi Lewis
14. Johnny Mcnicholl
13. Corey Baldwin
12. Scott Williams
11. Ryan Conbeer
10. Sam Costellow
9. Dane Blacker
8. Carwyn Tuipolotu
7. Josh Macleod (if hes back)
6. Aaron Shingler
5. Sam Lousi
4. Morgan Jones
3. WGJ
2. Marc Jones
1. Kemsley Mathias

2nd half:
15. Angus OBrien
14. Joe Roberts
13. Steff Hughes
12. Johnny Williams
11. Tyler Morgan
10. Rhys Patchell
9. Harri Williams
8. Sione Kalamafoni
7. Dan Davis
6. Blade Thomson
5. Tom Price
4. Lewis Rawlins
3. Samson Lee
2. Dom Booth
1. Rob Evans

Maybe feature other academy lads too...like centres Ed James and Iestyn Gwilliam. 

who are people looking forward to seeing ? who do people see coming through to push the first teamers like Tom Rogers did last year ?

Incredible strength when you consider who is missing

15 Halfpenny/Prydie
14 Sanj/Tom Rogers
13 Foxy
12 Ioan
11 Steff Evans
10 Dan Jones
9 Cawdor/Kieran
1 Wyn/Jeffries/Price
2 Ken/Ryan/Daf
3 Javan/Steff?
4 Jac Price
5 Josh Helps
6 Iestyn Rees
7 Cubby
8 ?

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2021 at 7:34pm
There are quite a few young players who we hope will challenge for places in the 23 for big games this season... I don't suppose Tom Rogers qualifies as a potential 'breakthrough' player, as he's already been capped - but in reality, he's only played a handful of games for the Scarlets, and is still very young - so I'm looking forward to seeing him develop further. He looks top class.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2021 at 10:41am
I'd really like to see these 2 combinations in midfield:

Patchell, JBW, Eddie James
Costellow, Scott, Roberts

Be great to see how the 2 youngsters go outside some experience.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 12:50pm
Team v Nottingham 

Ioan Nicholas, Conbeer, Roberts, Steff H, Baldwin, Dan J, Harri W;
Mathias, Shaun Evans, Sebastian, Helps, Morgan J, Tom Phillips, Kalamafoni, Davis. 

Subs
Steff T, Daf H, WG John, Salmon, Shingler, Archie H, Costelow/O’Brien/Tyler M, McNicholl/Steff E. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 1:15pm
A good mix between expert players and debutants..
Hope Will be a coverage stream, should be and optimum service for fans cant travel in this particoular period.  
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 1:20pm
plead my ignorance but dont know much about caleb salmon, is he young 2nd row?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

plead my ignorance but dont know much about caleb salmon, is he young 2nd row?
https://www.scarlets.wales/article/talented-forward-caleb-salmon-signs-for-scarlets-academy/
Suggest he can play in the back 5, just don't put him in the front 3 or he'll be like a fish out of water...Embarrassed
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 1:43pm
thanks minded as long as he can leap in the lineouts thats all i am worried about Big smile
he does look an interesting prospect reading that, thanks minded. would be good to get another back 5 forward coming through.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 1:52pm
Looking forward to sitting in my seat again no matter who is on the pitch !
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Llanelliman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 2:09pm
I thought Tom Philips had been released !!!!????
Made in Seaside, Llanelli
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Llanelliman Llanelliman wrote:

I thought Tom Philips had been released !!!!????
Originally posted by Scarlets Rugby Scarlets Rugby wrote:

Tom has been called in to train because of injuries/international calls in the back row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic