Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nottingham Friendly POTENTIAL Line Ups

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I think for Archie’s sake we should file archive away for now 

My sincere apologies for that, it was a genuine error. Predictive text, and there was so much happening at that point in the match.
Hey, no worries. Your updates were most welcome.

It was sheer opportunism on my part.Wink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I think for Archie’s sake we should file archive away for now 

My sincere apologies for that, it was a genuine error. Predictive text, and there was so much happening at that point in the match.
Hey, no worries. Your updates were most welcome.

It was sheer opportunism on my part.Wink

Quite so. We've all been there with predictive text and it set off some quick-witted responses. The humour "level" has dropped on here so anything to raise it a bit is welcome. I didn't see your posts during the game but I enjoyed them afterwards. Thank you.

Edited by John - 05 September 2021 at 6:02pm
Bert Scarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 10:35pm
Does Archie have a nickname?  Or is it now Archive? Wink
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Tom Phillips is an enigma, if his body could stay in 1 piece he is some player. But that's the problem.
Was excellent today, did all the dirty work to let the flair players play. Just what we need. Hopefully dwayne can keep him on if he's fit
And yet we have some players in the squad endlessly injured yet there is no thought about them being released. Tom isnt the most injury prone player we have I would wager.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 1:50pm
intrigued by Dwayne's comments re selection for Tigers, think we will integrating a few more of our welsh internationals. 
I see Corey Baldwin hasn't travelled to north Wales, so maybe we are ringing the changes. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 2:58pm
If the game against Leicester is our final friendly before we meet Edinburgh, then if we are serious about the new competition we must play our proposed starting fifteen and subs against the Tigers. We rarely start the season with a bang and are then playing catch-up at the end of the campaign.  I see no reason for our Welsh internationals not to play and even some of our Lions who hardly featured much in SA.
Keep the faith
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

If the game against Leicester is our final friendly before we meet Edinburgh, then if we are serious about the new competition we must play our proposed starting fifteen and subs against the Tigers. We rarely start the season with a bang and are then playing catch-up at the end of the campaign.  I see no reason for our Welsh internationals not to play and even some of our Lions who hardly featured much in SA.
Our Lions haven’t returned from their breaks yet and those who played for Wales in the summer have only recently started their pre-season training. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 4:01pm
i thought it was a standard friendly. was always going to be rusty at the start.
impressed by Hari Williams, Archie Hughes, Caleb Salmon. they were hungry to make an impression and they certainly did.
I was a bit sceptical when I saw Ioan Nicholas named at 15 but he went pretty well there i thought. He may be better suited there than centre/wing - and with Halfpenny out all season, Liam Williams not playing this side of Christmas, we need options there especially with Tom Rogers now on the Wales radar.

I thought Corey Baldwin was hungry and aggressive which was good to see. Conbeer showed his pace which is always a delight to see - but what about that Kalamafoni / Harri Williams / Conbeer combo. What a lovely try that was.

Dan Jones seemed aggressive in defence, Costellow showed great vision especially with the kick across with steff scoring in the corner.

Steff Evs looked sharp when he came on, Dan Davis i thought was very good as well.

It was great to see the impact of Archie Hughes. scored some lovely tries and a lovely assist.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Tom Phillips is an enigma, if his body could stay in 1 piece he is some player. But that's the problem.
Was excellent today, did all the dirty work to let the flair players play. Just what we need. Hopefully dwayne can keep him on if he's fit

And yet we have some players in the squad endlessly injured yet there is no thought about them being released. Tom isnt the most injury prone player we have I would wager.

6 starts in 6 years reflects an awful run of injuries though.

That's why I'd be delighted to see him play regularly for us, he must have been through a stack of rehab in that time fair play.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Our Lions haven’t returned from their breaks yet and those who played for Wales in the summer have only recently started their pre-season training. 

I posted a bit tongue in cheek to be honest.  
On your point about our internationals not having returned from their breaks I'd be interested to know who pays their wages whilst away from the club recuperating, the Lions, the WRU or little us.

I naively thought with less games this season we might be able to field our best fifteen once or twice, I'm probably hugely over optimistic.

Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic