Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Zealand selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:24am
Yes Wales didn’t get the refereeing decisions and the ABs got away with A LOT 

But even if NZ had 14 from the start Wales wouldn’t have got close

They have to restore some pride next week
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:36am
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

How long before this fixture becomes meaningless? Not for the players as they'll be as proud as anyone.

But really, every single Welsh fan is saying "It will be good if we can keep the score below 40 or 50".

That is unacceptable in a test match between two tier 1 nations.

It’s almost worse that everyone was expecting this before the game and then it panned out exactly as everyone had said it would

A really shameful day for Welsh rugby
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Makes you wonder if Wales would have had more success over the last few years, especially at world cups if Priestland hadn't been bullied out of playing for his national team. The guy has so much more quality ball in hand.

A huge loss to Wales and bullied out of Wales by the Welsh! He should start on Saturday and Anscombe on the bench.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:28am
Despite my rants, I have to confess some of the ab's play was sublime, the offloads, tireless support play, the running lines etc The barrett boys are different class....Dan Carter , probably the best fly half ever , retires and they just pull another 1 off the production line just as good lol

Edited by roy munster - 31 October 2021 at 1:30am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:35am
Barrett should have had a yellow and the prop a red, ref bottled both best side won but score line misleading
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Makes you wonder if Wales would have had more success over the last few years, especially at world cups if Priestland hadn't been bullied out of playing for his national team. The guy has so much more quality ball in hand.
biggar is a better 10 though but priestland was v good yday. Id keep him in the 23 next week

Edited by RR1972 - 31 October 2021 at 10:24am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 7:34am
Well surprise, surprise rugby players need to play games to get match fit!!!!!! What a shambles. I agree with RR about Barrett's yellow and the red for the prop but does anyone really believe that would have made any difference to the score? 

When I look around we are very short of quality in key positions and leading up to the World Cup I am struggling to see where the answers lie. We do not seem to possess a hooker/lineout forwards who can run a lineout; our scrum, even with our first choice props, was second best. Do we have a scrum half in Wales worthy of the shirt - the more I see of Tomas Williams the further from the real deal he becomes - his kicking is woeful, defence non existent.

Without North our cover at 13 is mighty thin with Foxy, in reality, only living on reputation. At 15, a very important attacking/defensive position we are going to be really considering selecting a player who has not played for three months to play next Saturday against the World champions. The point I am struggling to make is where are the next generation of players. Pivac needs to find a 2, 9, 13 & 15 very urgently or 2023 could get ugly. 

The only plus points I can take from yesterday were Basham, McNicholl kept going, Wainwright never stopped working & Priestland still looks comfortable on the biggest stage. To expect Anscombe to be ready to step up after a few games in two years was asking for trouble and it duly arrived. I think thats probably Moriarty out until after the 6 nations so good luck to Pivac on finding a pack to take on South Africa - perhaps the cavalry which we are led to believe are arriving today will help - no wait that cavalry only contains two forwards - Thomas Young who left the field at half time yesterday & Faletau who apparently has hardly trained since returning from South Africa. As the saying goes it might get a lot worse before it gets better!!!!!
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 8:29am
The difference in starndards are clear. The welsh players are "soft", looking for the contact and going down too easily. Prime examole... foxy's break. He tackled himself, nobody touched but yet he expected the tackle and prepared to fall and so he did with and empty field infront of him. All the forwards bar Basham did the same. Wainwright had an ok game at best. When did he get accross the gain line? Too often than not he ran accross field.On the other hand look at Savea. He pumped tjose legs after contact and made 5 to 10 yards each time. Im not saying the Welsh boys are weak nor am i suggesting lack of effort, but its clear they have been trained to fall at contact.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Barrett should have had a yellow and the prop a red, ref bottled both best side won but score line misleading

It got really loose and playing catch up usually leads to more errors and a greater loss. 

Again we made no use of the chip shot to get past their rush defence I noted and to make them think more 🤔
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 10:44am
I thought lane could have gone the length in first half, lrz would have or am i being harsh?   Biggar toby f lrz wil help but won’t fix our line out or midfield issues eg no 13. That jordan for them is some talent

Edited by RR1972 - 31 October 2021 at 10:47am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 11:31am

I thought lane could have gone the length in first half, lrz would have or am i being harsh?   Biggar toby f lrz wil help but won’t fix our line out or midfield issues eg no 13. That jordan for them is some talent

I think LRZ is as talented as Jordan in all honesty and I would have backed him to score that Jordan try. As for Lane going the length I think you're being a bit harsh - he would have had to beat Bauden on the outside and he is no slouch.

Following on from my comments above what has happened to the young 9 who when he played for the 20's you said he could well be the 9 for Wales at 2023. Morgan I think his name was from the Ospreys.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:41pm
I think hes been injured. What back row do we want to see next week? Feltau wainwright basham or ellis jenkins or young?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:50pm

I think hes been injured. What back row do we want to see next week? Feltau wainwright basham or ellis jenkins or young?

Good question - I think Faletau has had very limited training since returning from SA because of an injury - I don't think he has featured for Bath but I may be wrong. Wainwright & Basham have done enough for me to keep their places but with our struggling lineout I wonder if we need another lineout jumper at 6 in which case perhaps start Seb Davies.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:58pm
And nobody's complaining that the Blacks kicked too much, or that we should have tried more suicide passes to be intercepted for gift tries. The Blacks are seriously good at choosing the right options which include the whole range of kicks in attack and defence, helped of course by turnovers and quick ball.
Take away our mistakes and a refereeing bias towards the clear favourites and they would still have won convincingly.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Good question - I think Faletau has had very limited training since returning from SA because of an injury - I don't think he has featured for Bath but I may be wrong. Wainwright & Basham have done enough for me to keep their places but with our struggling lineout I wonder if we need another lineout jumper at 6 in which case perhaps start Seb Davies.
If we pick Seb Daives at 6 we really are desperate may as well give the young Exeter lad a go. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 2:40pm
If everyone had been available and the side had been something like 
liam
adams
north
williams(scott or johnny)
lrz
sheedy/biggar
cawdror/webb
faletau
tips
wainwright/jenkins
awj
beard
frances
ken
wyn jones
how would we have fared?
Id guess 15 points better. The depth is nowhere near theirs but as a poster rightly says theyre trained far better, they dont die with the ball as easily, they commit way fewer at the rucks and dont waste themselves diving into a lost ball ruck, theyve perfected that art 30 yrs ago but we are still diving in to lost causes. why?

They make the right decisions at the right time, ie when to cross kick , to kick into space to hoist a bomb or a grubber and they do so more accurately. They take the rules to the edge and beyond, they cheat all the time. But they test the ref and see what they can get away with. They almost never get all their players onside at rucks and refs commentators ignore it so they carry on. We are never as close to the offside line, hence our defence is less aggressive allowing them more time on the ball. 

The difference in off the ball running between the southern hemisphere and northern is staggering. Were plain lazy. Standing around like statues half the time or all bunched up in one area of the field....Making life as easy as possible for their defence.

Kicking we kick aimlessly , always have done. Our restarts are either too long or not evough height on them to give us time to compete, some of our chasing yesterday was pathetic. We rarely employ the grubber or cross field kicks into space against the rush defence. 

We also naively always walk into their ambush....We should do a 5/10 minute video nasty of all the filth and cheating the all blacks have pulled on us and show it to the referee before each match in the pre match dinner...starting with the andy haden dive, all the way to shelford knocking out huw richards and andrew hore clothes lining brad davies sending him to emergency ward or the spear tackle on BOD for the lions ....no cards nothing absolute filth.....and we just sit back shrug our shoulders sit on our thumbs and do nothing....pathetic. IF we really want to be the best we need to wise up and stop letting these things slide

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic