Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Munster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletCyclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:46pm
So we are 3 weeks into the new season and Munster are fielding pretty much a 2nd team. I can see the logic given the new Euro qualification rules, but surely this is to the detriment of the URC?
Thoughts??
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:48pm
Good side for us. good Ashley is ready to play...for the rest, great impact from the bench.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:54pm
Surprised that Munster have not selected Beirne or Murray along with Carbury etc. Certainly not their first team. Get our performance right & we can win this one. Welcome to the Scarlet Lloyd - go well. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by ScarletCyclops ScarletCyclops wrote:

So we are 3 weeks into the new season and Munster are fielding pretty much a 2nd team. I can see the logic given the new Euro qualification rules, but surely this is to the detriment of the URC?
Thoughts??

2nd side, I think you might mean some different players.
Teams like Munster can afford to give the whole squad game time in the first month of the season, with the expectation of similar outcomes.

Hats off to them.

Edited by Wil Chips - 08 October 2021 at 12:58pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by ScarletCyclops ScarletCyclops wrote:

Thoughts??

Not bothered as long as we win and hopefully a bonus point as well. We are clearly thin at 8 as we keep on playing Sione for 80 minutes and also at 7 where Dan plays yet again. Likewise locks where Shings possibly has to play as there’s no one else, despite him being 50 -50 ish earlier in the week. The fact that Lloyd starts on Sunday is further evidence of this problem. 
And it’s only 3 games into the season 😱 I hope Ashley shines for obvious reasons- fresh chance for him as well! 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 1:06pm

Come  on the Scarlets!!! 

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 1:31pm
7 changes by us, 11 by Munster from last week's 23.

Saying this is a Munster 2nd team is off the mark.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 1:32pm
Certainly not Munster's strongest squad, but they are no mugs and I'd hate for the Scarlets to go into this complacent. 

Good to see a few first teamers back for us, and welcome to Ashley... subs interesting as no back 3 cover for a change... presumably, Rogers would play 15 if needed, with someone else playing on the wing... Scott probably, or Johnny Williams. 

Our front row subs look especially powerful, and could make the difference if brought on around the 50-55 min mark.

Edited by aber-fan - 08 October 2021 at 1:33pm
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 1:50pm
How many of those munster players are first
Choices?  The likes of earls zebo del allendye carberry murray kilcoyne snyman omahoney beirme and coombs are all playing. No excuses if we don’t win this
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

7 changes by us, 11 by Munster from last week's 23.

Saying this is a Munster 2nd team is off the mark.
No judgments here, but I feel a bit better about our chances than I did this morning. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 2:36pm
I’m a bit surprised that Lloyd Ashley has gone straight into the team. Is Morgan Jones carrying a bump? I would’ve expected the player who is familiar with our lineout, maul etc to be starting with the newbie on the bench.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 2:38pm
I like our starting XV and the bench is pretty strong as well. Fancy us for this one as long as we don't have a repeat of last season where we wiped the floor with Munster for 60 minutes and then totally caved in.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Scarlets: Johnny McNicholl; Tom Rogers, Jonathan Davies (capt), Scott Williams, Steff Evans; Sam Costelow, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Samson Lee, Lloyd Ashley, Aaron Shingler, Blade Thomson, Dan Davis, Sione Kalamafoni.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, WillGriff John, Morgan Jones, Shaun Evans, Kieran Hardy, Dan Jones, Johnny Williams.

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Calvin Nash, Liam Coombes, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly; Ben Healy, Neil Cronin; Jeremy Loughman, Diarmuid Barron, Stephen Archer; Thomas Ahern, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O'Donoghue (capt), Chris Cloete, Jack O'Sullivan.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Josh Wycherley, John Ryan, RG Snyman, Alex Kendellen, Paddy Patterson, Jack Crowley, Jack Daly.

Where is Lewis Rawlins? Not listed in the unavailable list so is he injured or not?
jimmywilde View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I’m a bit surprised that Lloyd Ashley has gone straight into the team. Is Morgan Jones carrying a bump? I would’ve expected the player who is familiar with our lineout, maul etc to be starting with the newbie on the bench.
I thought Jones looked good last season. He seems to have slipped down the pecking order lately. 

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 3:30pm
Some comments from the lovely lads on the Munster forum:

Quote Barely an A side. Could be a long night.

Quote I hope I’m wrong obviously, but it could be a long afternoon. That’s not even a second 15 in most positions. I’d take a losing bonus point if it was on offer.

Quote That side is liable to be hammered, they've cotton wooled our strongest 23.

Quote Not happy with that selection. Doing our best to throw away league points

Quote Disappointed with that selection, I was hoping to see more of a mix between younger players and experienced players both in this game plus the Connacht game. I get rotation has to happen as does development, but seems too black / white. Scarlets went from +2 to -5 in the handicap beating.

Quote Jaysus, I've just now seen the team. I'm no longer looking forward to Sunday.

Quote Terrible selection. The squad is big enough to rotate while not really weakening it

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 4:43pm
One of my common Nightmare Is their comeback of last year...we need a convincet win and no worry about their second team selection 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic