Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Munster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Some comments from the lovely lads on the Munster forum:

Quote Barely an A side. Could be a long night.

Quote I hope I’m wrong obviously, but it could be a long afternoon. That’s not even a second 15 in most positions. I’d take a losing bonus point if it was on offer.

Quote That side is liable to be hammered, they've cotton wooled our strongest 23.

Quote Not happy with that selection. Doing our best to throw away league points

Quote Disappointed with that selection, I was hoping to see more of a mix between younger players and experienced players both in this game plus the Connacht game. I get rotation has to happen as does development, but seems too black / white. Scarlets went from +2 to -5 in the handicap beating.

Quote Jaysus, I've just now seen the team. I'm no longer looking forward to Sunday.

Quote Terrible selection. The squad is big enough to rotate while not really weakening it

Sad! If we win then we’ve beaten a Munster 2nd XV, and if we lose we’ve lost to a Munster 2nd XV!

https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by jimmywilde jimmywilde wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I’m a bit surprised that Lloyd Ashley has gone straight into the team. Is Morgan Jones carrying a bump? I would’ve expected the player who is familiar with our lineout, maul etc to be starting with the newbie on the bench.
I thought Jones looked good last season. He seems to have slipped down the pecking order lately. 

If I had to guess, I'd say him and Jac have been given some tough S&C targets by the new regime and they are working towards those. Total guesswork of course!!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
jimmywilde View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by jimmywilde jimmywilde wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I’m a bit surprised that Lloyd Ashley has gone straight into the team. Is Morgan Jones carrying a bump? I would’ve expected the player who is familiar with our lineout, maul etc to be starting with the newbie on the bench.
I thought Jones looked good last season. He seems to have slipped down the pecking order lately. 

If I had to guess, I'd say him and Jac have been given some tough S&C targets by the new regime and they are working towards those. Total guesswork of course!!
I thought I'd seen something about fitness a few weeks back but I can't find it. I was beginning to think I'd dreamt it.
Good luck to them both.

Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 10:34pm
I still doubt the wisdom of playing Shingler in the second row. Blade supposedly has a higher "power rating" Perhaps it would be possible to swap them round for the scrums.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 7:24am
No excuses if we don’t win with bonus point Munster obviously don’t rate us, let’s go out and show them they are wrong. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

No excuses if we don’t win with bonus point Munster obviously don’t rate us, let’s go out and show them they are wrong. 
Calm down Why!
We have the minerals to win it, but tat Munster team isn't a bunch of mugs!
I'll be ecstatic with a win.  Even better if we can deny them a LBP.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Calm down Why!
We have the minerals to win it, but tat Munster team isn't a bunch of mugs!
I'll be ecstatic with a win.  Even better if we can deny them a LBP.

Spot on Wasp. We can only take care of our performance. No team pulling on the Munster shirt will be easy to beat but we are an improving team searching for that consistently high level of performance.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 10:42am
A win would be superb, obviously.
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 12:15pm
I'm a little bit confused by our second row selection, based on the first 2 games the pecking order seems to be;
Lousi
Shingler
(Ashley)
T. Price
J. Price
M. Jones
So for Morgan to be benching ahead of the Prices, who are available, looks inconsistent.

No mention of Lezana? Thought he was back with us

Happy to see Costelow getting starting opportunities.
Really hope Conbeer gets a run of games soon, can't find form if you don't play
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

I'm a little bit confused by our second row selection, based on the first 2 games the pecking order seems to be;
Lousi
Shingler
(Ashley)
T. Price
J. Price
M. Jones
So for Morgan to be benching ahead of the Prices, who are available, looks inconsistent.

Don’t know what the score is with Josh Helps, but he was in the gym this morning. Seems to be the forgotten man. He’s always impressed me with his work ethic and attitude. If fit, he should be considered for a place especially with our current situation. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

Lousi
Shingler
(Ashley)
T. Price
J. Price
M. Jones

Lezana has a hamstring injury.
Tom Price is on the bench, Morgan isn't
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 12:54pm
I think there's a bit of rotation going on but in any case every time there's a change of coaching team, some faces don't fit that previously did.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 1:02pm
Its a Munster squad missing 17 internationals I think

We have to be targeting a home win

Leinster squad today also looks like they have one eye on our fixture next week with some bigger names rested
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

I think there's a bit of rotation going on but in any case every time there's a change of coaching team, some faces don't fit that previously did.

Obviously we need to win the game, but why are they rotating their squad against us? A bit rich given the Irish complain that the league isn’t competitive enough and then rotate their squad to play away from home?

Maybe they think they’ll put 50 on us like Sale last year 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 1:28pm

Rotation, Jac Price put in a thunderous shift! Making 18 tackles! While Tom Price suffered a head injury. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by John John wrote:

Obviously we need to win the game, but why are they rotating their squad against us? A bit rich given the Irish complain that the league isn’t competitive enough and then rotate their squad to play away from home?

Maybe they think they’ll put 50 on us like Sale last year 

I was thinking of our locks rather than the Munster side. Reading their forum, this doesn't seem to be squad rotation, just wholesale changes with their strongest side being reserved for Connacht- that fixture being more important for Euro qualification because its an all Ireland fixture. I don't understand that. 

One of their posters got told off for calling this selection a bunch of muppets, a reference to what the first teamers of their great team of 15 or so years ago called the squad fringe players. But this team they have selected to play us are all pro rugby players- they all have considerable skills and I'm sure they'll give it all tomorrow. We'll have to play well to win ( ie not like the Os last night). But if we do play well, we may well win very easily.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic