Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 8:40pm
Maybe he can no longer play week in week out and is just peaking for the test games? When is the last time ken played well two games in a row for the scarlets? And i think he is top
Guy and been a legend for us
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 8:50pm

Mcnicholl, Rogers, Foxy, Johnny Williams, Conbeer, Sam, Cawdor, Wyn, Ken,WGJ, Ashley,Louisi, Shingler, Blade and Lezana 
   Scott,AOB, Blacker,Rob,Ryan, Samson, Jac Price and Shaun Evans 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Mcnicholl, Rogers, Foxy, Johnny Williams, Conbeer, Sam, Cawdor, Wyn, Ken,WGJ, Ashley,Louisi, Shingler, Blade and Lezana 
   Scott,AOB, Blacker,Rob,Ryan, Samson, Jac Price and Shaun Evans 
Morgan Jones instead of Ashley and Tyler instead of Foxy for me 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:17pm
    Watched game back earlier from behind the sofa . Ashley and a couple others from the starting pack impressed,as WGJ and Shaun Evans off bench . We were destroyed at the breakdown by Munster's fierce commitment,and there pack playing as a unit .
    With no quick ball ,it is hard to criticize the backs . Munster lived offside across the field,that went unpunished.
      The defence around the fringes, and the missed one to one tackles was shameful.
    Does anyone know who the video referee was? The blatant obstruction on Costelow for there final try ,he thought that was fine .Then the blatant bat down by the final defender, he said it was fine .Blain says that is a penalty,but failed to award a yellow card and a penalty try. Then we had the award of the Glasgow try that beat the Lions ,which was never grounded . The shocker of the Ospreys try ,when the ball was lost over the line..Parks officials in this League, nothing ever changes.

Edited by 157cb - 12 October 2021 at 9:18pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

That is ridiculous Ken has always given his all for the Scarlets and the poor games he has had for us you could count on one hand.Are you really questioning his commitment to the club sad if so.  

As I said a taboo subject. I could give you around a dozen games in the past few seasons where our on field leadership, when under pressure, failed abysmally. I would never question Ken's love for or indeed commitment to the Scarlets but the evidence of performance is staring us all in the eyes. Scott Quinnell & Benny are huge past servants of the club but they are probably not worthy of the shirt at the moment. 

There are far too many high profile players in our squad who fail to turn up with the necessary mind set to justify their excellent salaries. 
That is even more ridiculous he has given his all and to suggest he coasts just to pick up his wages is a disgrace and something you would not suggest to him in person I wager. He is a world class hooker who has given a huge amount to the club and even if he doesn’t have a great game he will be trying his hardest. 
I bet you can’t give me a dozen games when he hasn’t been busting a gut for the  cause. 
he has been part of a tean that has been hammered on several occasions in recent years. He certainly hasn’t been giving world class perfornances for the scarlets recently Gpr is entitled to  his views so i don’t know why your getting so upset by them, btw i don’t think it’s a lack of effort i just think his legs hAve started to go
Yes he is entitled to his views but when he is casting doubt on one of the best servants the club has ever had and saying he is not trying I won’t accept that. 
Ken maybe getting in but was lions first choice a couple of months ago. 
Irrelevant. What he does in a Scarlets shirt is all that should matter.
Not irrelevant at all it was questioned whether he had the legs anymore for the Scarlets. If he good enough to play for Lions I assume he good enough for us.
To pick on Ken is a bit rich after all he has down for club.

the trouble is that ken and the other lions hadn't played since august yet the paymasters want them fit for the annual autumn flogging with wales so dwayne is forced to select them,i agree ken and foxy have done loads for us but it was inconsistent performances like last sunday that cost the last coach his job not that i thought he was any good,and the fact that he was lions first choice a few months ago is why you don't expect the standard to drop with us.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:23pm
Some people need to get a grip.It's not blood ,it's tomato sauce.Peter Pan is just a story.Santa Claus is make believe.Stop crying,Bambi's not dead.Ken is getting old.Unfortunately it's not just Ken,there are others in the squad:too many.We need to recognise that and realise the difficulties facing the Coaches.Apart from that,there's the politics-the kind of politics that sees someone take sniping,sneaky shots at the coaches because their dear boys are,quite rightly,no longer flavour of the month.I wouldn't do Peel's job for the world-but he has my full support.Unlike other bluffers,Peel is part of the fabric of this club,as was his grandfather.I hope he continues to plough his own furrow,and takes this club to siverware.3 seasons,I reckon-and I don't live in Never Never Land.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Watched game back earlier from behind the sofa . Ashley and a couple others from the starting pack impressed,as WGJ and Shaun Evans off bench . We were destroyed at the breakdown by Munster's fierce commitment,and there pack playing as a unit .
    With no quick ball ,it is hard to criticize the backs . Munster lived offside across the field,that went unpunished.
      The defence around the fringes, and the missed one to one tackles was shameful.
    Does anyone know who the video referee was? The blatant obstruction on Costelow for there final try ,he thought that was fine .Then the blatant bat down by the final defender, he said it was fine .Blain says that is a penalty,but failed to award a yellow card and a penalty try. Then we had the award of the Glasgow try that beat the Lions ,which was never grounded . The shocker of the Ospreys try ,when the ball was lost over the line..Parks officials in this League, nothing ever changes.
Patterson, the Irish dentist that has lived and practised in Scotland for many years.

When their sub scrum half came on, by the same name, the question came in to my mind as to whether it was his son, or other close family.

Ridiculous, I know, however that thought was promoted by the lack of objectiveness with his interventions.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 7:28am

That is ridiculous Ken has always given his all for the Scarlets and the poor games he has had for us you could count on one hand.Are you really questioning his commitment to the club sad if so.  

As I said a taboo subject. I could give you around a dozen games in the past few seasons where our on field leadership, when under pressure, failed abysmally. I would never question Ken's love for or indeed commitment to the Scarlets but the evidence of performance is staring us all in the eyes. Scott Quinnell & Benny are huge past servants of the club but they are probably not worthy of the shirt at the moment. 

There are far too many high profile players in our squad who fail to turn up with the necessary mind set to justify their excellent salaries. 
That is even more ridiculous he has given his all and to suggest he coasts just to pick up his wages is a disgrace and something you would not suggest to him in person I wager. He is a world class hooker who has given a huge amount to the club and even if he doesn’t have a great game he will be trying his hardest. 
I bet you can’t give me a dozen games when he hasn’t been busting a gut for the  cause. 
he has been part of a tean that has been hammered on several occasions in recent years. He certainly hasn’t been giving world class perfornances for the scarlets recently Gpr is entitled to  his views so i don’t know why your getting so upset by them, btw i don’t think it’s a lack of effort i just think his legs hAve started to go
Yes he is entitled to his views but when he is casting doubt on one of the best servants the club has ever had and saying he is not trying I won’t accept that. 
Not irrelevant at all it was questioned whether he had the legs anymore for the Scarlets. If he good enough to play for Lions I assume he good enough for us.

Listen to yourself Why " to pick on Ken.... after all he has done for the club". Sounds like a primary school playground. Firstly I am not " picking on Ken" I am commenting directly on his & many other players performances. 4 one on one tackles were missed and led to 4 tries - that is a fact. As for what he has done for the club - I would not be stupid enough to deny his wonderful service to the Scarlets but it isn't a one way street - the club have been good to him also. Squad planning is at the heart of our ongoing problems with some once wonderful players now not up to it & a real lack of power/carrying really limiting the coaches' options. 

However those are not the only problems and the other is more sinister. Many top players turned coaches have commented that defending is all about heart - the ability/drive to get off the floor after a hit and get back in line for the next and the next. There didn't seem to be much heart at PYS on Sunday except of course from the Munster 15. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 8:25am

Listen to yourself Why " to pick on Ken.... after all he has done for the club". Sounds like a primary school playground. Firstly I am not " picking on Ken" I am commenting directly on his & many other players performances. 4 one on one tackles were missed and led to 4 tries - that is a fact. As for what he has done for the club - I would not be stupid enough to deny his wonderful service to the Scarlets but it isn't a one way street - the club have been good to him also. Squad planning is at the heart of our ongoing problems with some once wonderful players now not up to it & a real lack of power/carrying really limiting the coaches' options. 

However those are not the only problems and the other is more sinister. Many top players turned coaches have commented that defending is all about heart - the ability/drive to get off the floor after a hit and get back in line for the next and the next. There didn't seem to be much heart at PYS on Sunday except of course from the Munster 15. 
Me like a primary school look at yourself selecting one player to lambast like a playground bully.
You have been saying how we were looking much better this season now we had Scott back but as soon as it goes wrong you select one player out of 23 and when challenged on that say it’s all wrong.
You have a problem with certain players last week it was Sanjay this week Ken who will it be next. 
It is not Ken’s fault he has to play for Wales and it is not the clubs fault that they have to select him because of Wales contracts. 
Welsh rugby is rotten to core and and that is the issue.
We have achieved Grand Slams and Triple crowns despite them not because of them.
I agree players should be ashamed of last Sunday’s performance they will know that better than anyone. Selecting one player out of 23 to say is rather pointless however and helps no one. 

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 8:35am
I can’t believe the amount of stick Ken is getting. 

That was his first start of the season!!

On a different note however, we had 8 travelling reserves on Sunday at Y Parc who didn’t have any minute of rugby to show what they can do - why do we need so many? When was the last time some of these players played a competitive game of rugby to show the coaches what they’re capable of?
Llanelli RFC are crying out for some experience to help them out.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 8:53am
You do have to wonder why these players were picked to start against Munster and not eased in from the bench first? It’s only natural that they would be rusty and Munster isn’t the game to be throwing players into if they’re not fully ready. Surely the WRU/Welsh management aren’t dictating our selections?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 9:01am

Me like a primary school look at yourself selecting one player to lambast like a playground bully.
You have been saying how we were looking much better this season now we had Scott back but as soon as it goes wrong you select one player out of 23 and when challenged on that say it’s all wrong.
You have a problem with certain players last week it was Sanjay this week Ken who will it be next. 
It is not Ken’s fault he has to play for Wales and it is not the clubs fault that they have to select him because of Wales contracts. 
Welsh rugby is rotten to core and and that is the issue.
We have achieved Grand Slams and Triple crowns despite them not because of them.
I agree players should be ashamed of last Sunday’s performance they will know that better than anyone. Selecting one player out of 23 to say is rather pointless however and helps no one. 

I think you need to re-look at my suggested selection. I suggested replacing Foxy, Steff, Ken, Ryan, Ashleigh, Blade & Dan from our starting 15 so hardly picking on one person. As for my comments on Liam they were echoed my many as we have hardly seen him since his return.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the continuing conflict between the WRU and the regions and this will never be resolved, in my opinion, until we mirror what happens in England - players are employed by their clubs/regions & will be released to play for the national team for fair compensation.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 9:27am
I really don't know what to think about selection but one thing is for sure if we play like we did against Munster when we take on Leinster we will do well to keep them below 70!! 
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 10:33am
I think over the next couple of seasons we need to gradually phase out the older and injury prone players in the squad. Foxy, Ken, Patchell, Cubby have been massive servants to the club but now is the time to start freshening the squad up a bit. Blues have signed Thomas Young this morning, I’d love us to sign Reffell. Him and Lezana will be with us for the next decade. I’ve never rated Dan Davies he’s stuck between a 6 and 7. Maybe it’s time to give Baldwin a chance at 13
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 10:40am
That's a hell of a signing for Cardiff.  How can they do it?  They have more quality back row players than the rest of the Welsh regions put together.
I expect the WRU will pick up most of the tab.  They will never be able to keep all those back row players happy with game time.
Keep the faith
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 10:50am
Remember when we used to have back row players the envy of the other regions. Now look at us but what do we do in the summer sign more backs that are a luxury unbelievable. 
I said ages ago we should be banging on the door of the WRU to get Reffell signed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic