Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

We have Josh at 7 who is quality. Dan is a ok back up at 7. Don't know the situation with cubby. No 8 other than Kalamafoni and second row stocks are desperate, Louisi apart.
It says a lot when Ashley got selected over Morgan Jones. 
The squad needs a cull as already mentioned by the majority on here.

Sorry I really don't see Dan as an ok back up at 7, he offers very little over the ball.

Fundamentally, and most on here know it, this is what we’ve never replaced from the Beirne, Barclay, Cubby-era.

McLoed is good, Wyn Jones is good, Cubby hasn’t played for 2 years, Sanjay is quite good(!)

Jack Morgan was good (!!) 

But we’ll never have that breakdown threat of Beirne, Barclay, Cubby again unless we find a group of 3 or 4 players who will win 8 turnovers a game.

Failing that we need to find other parts of the game to dominate. 

Totally agree, the other aspect of that which allows you to not rely on a 7 who can jackle his life away is that we haven't replaced Jake Ball who was like a freight train when hitting & clearing a ruck out.

Edited to add, another player who was brilliant over the ball was Werner Kruger, managed to get low & stay strong when he had no right to.

Edited by Fscarlet - 13 October 2021 at 12:35pm
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 12:43pm

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Failing that we need to find other parts of the game to dominate. 

Totally agree, the other aspect of that which allows you to not rely on a 7 who can jackle his life away is that we haven't replaced Jake Ball who was like a freight train when hitting & clearing a ruck out.

Edited to add, another player who was brilliant over the ball was Werner Kruger, managed to get low & stay strong when he had no right to.

Good point Werner.

I think that’s where we’re at, there’s not a single part of a game we dominate.

I think we have some classy backs and some forwards with decent handling. But you wouldn’t say we’re a team that can dominate any 1 particular part of the game.

Scrum - 7/10
Lineout - 4/10
Breakdown - 5/10
Carrying - 4/10
Defence - 3/10
Passing/Handling - 7/10
Kicking - 7/10

For me that’s where we are. We need to get 1 or two of those areas up to a 9/10 and we need to make sure nothing is below a 5/6. 

If we get those up we might be able to consider ourselves the best team in Wales and then we might be competing in the business end of the URC / Europe again. We’re a long way off atm but it can change with a couple of astute signings, returns from injury and younger players stepping up.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 12:48pm
I know we need players but who in their right minds would join us at the moment. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I know we need players but who in their right minds would join us at the moment. 

You're being unbelievably dramatic LOL
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 2:42pm
Tomas Lezana is available for selection, though Dan Davies requires surgery on a pec issue.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:09pm

Tomas Lezana is available for selection, though Dan Davies requires surgery on a pec issue.

Amazing.🙄 Can it get any worse?
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

It's like a one out one in medical room!!
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:18pm
Kalamafoni out of the Leinster trip too
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

You spoke too soon!!
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Kalamafoni out of the Leinster trip too

That’s a huge blow
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:43pm
Blade hasn't been included in Scotland's Autumn International squad.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:47pm

I think he as quit International Rugby.?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Has he? I must have missed that.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Don’t think he has. There was talk from some on this forum that they thought he would/should retire from international rugby, but not aware it actually happened.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 6:34pm
That’s the issue with this forum. Some players can do no wrong whatsoever with some people. 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 11:01pm
Wish we could grab James Benjamin for a bit, rather than Dragons sending him to Cornwall to play hooker. Handy player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic