Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Signing when your losing .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signing when your losing .
    Posted: 14 October 2021 at 6:01pm
 The 💓 beat of PYS is the North Enclosure ,as a former Terrace dweller myself. The singing was as much of the highlight as the game for me . We need  these guys to back the team irrelevant of the scoreboard,anyone can sing when there winning.
     I think on Sunday I heard three brief songs, one being our anthem Sospan FachClap The matchday experience for me is hugely dependent on the singing,so we must not forget that ,to man.
       Sunday was a tough afternoon for every Scarlet, appreciate its everyone's choice . It was so sad to see so many diehards leave early.
       I sat there to applaud the players when they came over to the heartbeat on the Final whistle .As if it was a resounding win .

A little story for everyone ,with regards the above .A good few years back , I was in Perpignan with many other Turks .A great welcome before an after the game . We were pumped by 30-40 points, but my over riding memory of that trip was,the travelling Scarlets army in the caged enclosure, singing loud and proud throughout!!! We were still belting out Calon Lan! And Sospan Fach , after the final whistle .In fairness the Catalan crowd in that stand behind us, every man, woman and child stood applauding us .

Unforgettable memories!!!! So North Enclosure sing loud and proud!!! Regardless of the score ..ClapClapClapClap

Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 6:04pm
There was more noise and singing coming from the north terrace against the lions (when we looked good and won).  
If the players are performing well on the pitch then the fans perform well of it, simple as.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 6:23pm
Each to his own,but you wouldn't get a bloody peep out of me if we were beaten by a single point,leave alone 40.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 6:37pm

Come on you do not go to Church and Chapel and not sing. 

It's sad when you sit in the Stands at the Parc, and get very little singing or atmosphere.

Remember reading an article years ago by by  Tony Rees ex Cardiff lock. He switched to Brive years late in his career. When interviewed about the difference in cultures between Wales and France, he said over the Channel  the supporters are supporters, loud in support of there team. I can testify for that, bonkers support and noise!  He said Welsh supporters are more like watchers, of course there is the exception, North Enclosure at the Parc.

Easiest part is to sing when your winning! When you pack are been out muscled upfront and ruined at the contact area. Then the Crowd is needed more than ever. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 6:43pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:01am
Totally agree Mark, i was just as devastated as anyone with that performance on Sunday but when we get behind the team it does give them that lift that is needed
and can prove crucial, look at liverpool playing at anfield, it always gives the players that lift. Toulon home, if it wasnt for the crowd that night we would not have won that game, we give the players the lift they needed and pushed them over the finishing line (obviously the players played outstanding that night also but even after falling behind and Toulong starting to control we still backed the team). Having the fans back is massive for us and i hope that we can make it count in future games. Maybe if it was a Saturday night game and after a few people had a few more beverages the singing might have been better. im glad a few stayed behind at the end to show the team support, they looked pretty gutted with the performance and im expecting a much better performance tomorrow
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Come on you do not go to Church and Chapel and not sing. 

It's sad when you sit in the Stands at the Parc, and get very little singing or atmosphere.

Remember reading an article years ago by by  Tony Rees ex Cardiff lock. He switched to Brive years late in his career. When interviewed about the difference in cultures between Wales and France, he said over the Channel  the supporters are supporters, loud in support of there team. I can testify for that, bonkers support and noise!  He said Welsh supporters are more like watchers, of course there is the exception, North Enclosure at the Parc.

Easiest part is to sing when your winning! When you pack are been out muscled upfront and ruined at the contact area. Then the Crowd is needed more than ever. 

Very true but they also boo like mad when their team isn't playing well & if we were a French side the boos would have been heard miles from the parc on Sunday.

I will always back the boys, singing, chanting, the odd "C'mon Scarlets!!" but I really struggled Sunday.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:57am
Bit different singing in france when you have had a great away weekend on the lash, to being hungover at home watching munster reserves putting 40 on you in fairness WinkSmileSmileSmile

Edited by RR1972 - 15 October 2021 at 9:58am
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 7:32pm
I do remember one February, I think, when we booed an Irish ref, Dudley Philips, all the way off the pitch, possibly as a result of a Munster come back from the dead in unusual circumstances.

Then, 2 weeks later, George Clancy got a standing ovation for his performance.

I had the chance at Treviso to ask him what his season highlight was. Can’t remember his reply. However, I did ask him whether it might have been our ovation, especially as it came 2 weeks after Dudley’s booing. One of the Scarlets coaching team was there and thought this highly amusing. Luckily, he kept a very poker face until George left for his cab to the airport and then burst out laughing.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic