Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 4:09pm
thats some Leinster squad, test match quality, Henshaw aside its pretty much fully loaded?

Good luck boys, its almost a free hit, just do the shirt proud.
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

No back 5 of the pack,  looks ugly.
Lousi, Shingler, Lezana, and Thomson is a strong unit on paper to be fair
Best back row we’ve had this season though obviously we will miss Sione. Let’s hope Rob Evans interview was not to placate fans and the players are really hurting and go out there and make us and themselves proud. Nothing to lose 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

a helluva lot of paper in this thread which good for one thing - papering over the cracks.   might need reams of it tomorrow.  

Really?

And there was me thinking social media online was paperless!

I must have missed something, somewhere.... Shocked

by way of explanation -  it was a reference to the number of times ‘a good team on paper’ appears during this thread.  That’s all.  
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 5:04pm
This is effectively a free hit. Not many teams come away from the RDS with anything when they face the Leinster firsts. Any sort of bonus point will be a decent result. 

Hopefully we’ll at least put some pride back into the jersey and fire a few shots as despite the lack of balance and familiarity in the pack (2 new players starting), there is talent in there. 
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

No back 5 of the pack,  looks ugly.
Lousi, Shingler, Lezana, and Thomson is a strong unit on paper to be fair
Best back row we’ve had this season though obviously we will miss Sione. Let’s hope Rob Evans interview was not to placate fans and the players are really hurting and go out there and make us and themselves proud. Nothing to lose 

It may look good on paper, but in reality that isn't a backrow that you're going to want to be going into any tight-quartered game. Blade isn't a carrier, Shingler is coming off over a year out of the game and Lezana has been out of the game for a year. 

That backrow against a Zebre or a team who will let us play an open game, great. Against Leinster? Christ, I dread to think.

Nothing to lose? Eek. 

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 5:52pm
I look forward to reading how well we’ve done in the papers 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

On paper, we are f**cked

In reality, we are f**cked!

See you all for the Benetton game!

LOL LOL LOL
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 6:13pm
Blimey thats a tough task , lets just hope that last Sunday was a blip and we can at least see a much improved performance both tomorrow and next week against Benetton.
I would like to see more of Morgan Jones and Jac Price as well as Tom Rogers as I feel they are part of the way forward.
Also hoping that Scott Williams and Sione are also back soon.
saundersfoot scarlets
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 7:38pm

Where are Joe Roberts and Steff Hughes. Rawlings a mystery to me and has Dwayne been told by Wales to pick Hardy instead of Blacker. 

Steff Hughes will struggle to get a look in. Our captain won’t be dropped on a whim. Scott when he’s fit has to be one of the first names on the team sheet and Jonny is international quality. I agree re Hardy/Blacker.
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

On paper, we are f**cked

In reality, we are f**cked!

See you all for the Benetton game!

Not long ago, The Dragons were clearly the worst of the Welsh Regions.Always giving of their best, but more often than not ending defeated. Their away record of not winning anywhere stretched for several seasons.
Now despite two narrow losses , their win in Conaught, was impressive!
Even more impressive, was that very tight game against Leinster, when Dragons could possibly come away with a draw.
It clearly  was not as strong a Leinster side as will face tomorrow ,
nevertheless, there are surely some pointers here fir us to work on.
The obvious one is the tight defence.
Drags, may not be world beaters, but the have improved under Ryan, and frustrated Leinster for long periods.
Whether we can do that, remains to be see.
The advantage the Dragons had was a back row of Moriaty,Wainwright and Basham.
Any let's wish the lads luck in Dublin tomorrow

I stood yer on tanner bank
London Scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Where are Joe Roberts and Steff Hughes. Rawlings a mystery to me and has Dwayne been told by Wales to pick Hardy instead of Blacker. 

Steff Hughes will struggle to get a look in. Our captain won’t be dropped on a whim. Scott when he’s fit has to be one of the first names on the team sheet and Jonny is international quality. I agree re Hardy/Blacker.

At the moment I’d pick Blacker over Cawdor as well!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:05pm
I hope the team hasn’t got the just turn up attitude too. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 10:50pm
Steff Hughes and Tyler Morgan are centres tomorrow for Llanelli RFC v Quins. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Steff Hughes and Tyler Morgan are centres tomorrow for Llanelli RFC v Quins as is Joe Roberts
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 11:23pm

good not before time  few front 5 forwards be helpful the quins have a v decent pack
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

good not before time  few front 5 forwards be helpful the quins have a v decent pack

A couple of mates who are Whites supporters were surprised how flimsy our pack was last game ( again) and it wasn’t even a strong Whites pack- it’s so obvious that our RFC losses are founded on a weak pack !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic