Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:09am
We don’t have an overall game to beat Leinster of course, but we do need to see some areas where we have parity at least.

Set piece and defence being the ones that stand out for me.

Individually I hope Wyn, Ken, Lezana, WGJ,,Blade Cawdor and Jonny show their international pedigree in particular. Key positions filled with talented players.

Pleased to see us stick with Sam, seeing Ryan back, and Ioan having a crack at 15.

Strangely upbeat about us going well today.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:12am
We have our best fromt row and our  best sub front row we should be fine there and we have a full international back row so no excuses there.  We should be competive up front at least. I’m a bit puzzled as to why ioan is at 15 though

Edited by RR1972 - 16 October 2021 at 10:15am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

We have our best fromt row and our  best sub front row we should be fine there and we have a full international back row so no excuses there.  We should be competive up front at least

I think that’s right. I’m probably looking for form rather than heritage/pedigree though.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:17am
Fair. I’m hoping a big challenge will bring out the best in our big game players. If not it’ll be a tough day, leinster will be ruthless if they get on top, it’s all on the pack today imo

Edited by RR1972 - 16 October 2021 at 10:18am
London Scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:51am
I still remember what a rough time we had in the European Semi in Dublin against Leinster firsts and our team was flying. I’ll be happy if I see an improvement in our lineout, missed tackle stats and some competitiveness at the breakdown. No freebies for Leinster where we just make life hard for ourselves. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We don’t have an overall game to beat Leinster of course, but we do need to see some areas where we have parity at least.

Set piece and defence being the ones that stand out for me.

Individually I hope Wyn, Ken, Lezana, WGJ,,Blade Cawdor and Jonny show their international pedigree in particular. Key positions filled with talented players.

Pleased to see us stick with Sam, seeing Ryan back, and Ioan having a crack at 15.

Strangely upbeat about us going well today.

I'll have whatever that man is drinking. Wink
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 11:13am
In all seriousness our pack should be a match for Leinster but I struggle to remember recently when our full pack ever really delivered a performance worthy of their talent. Dwayne's mantra of consistently high level of performance was not a throw away comment but a summation of our problems. There is a degree of arrogance about teams like Munster & Leinster, not bad arrogance, but an inner belief that if they get their game right most European opposition will be put to the sword. They won't say it but that Leinster squad will be expecting a bonus point victory tonight. 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

In all seriousness our pack should be a match for Leinster but I struggle to remember recently when our full pack ever really delivered a performance worthy of their talent. Dwayne's mantra of consistently high level of performance was not a throw away comment but a summation of our problems. There is a degree of arrogance about teams like Munster & Leinster, not bad arrogance, but an inner belief that if they get their game right most European opposition will be put to the sword. They won't say it but that Leinster squad will be expecting a bonus point victory tonight. 
The first three and the last eight words don’t belong in the same sentence. 

Edited by Mugwuffin - 16 October 2021 at 11:53am
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 12:39pm
A losing bonus would be good 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic