Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rupert & Gareth join the board?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rupert & Gareth join the board?
    Posted: 21 October 2021 at 11:48am
Scarlets Regional Limited filings with Companies House on October 15 show Rupert Moon and Gareth Jenkins were each appointed "heritage directors" on September 1.

Meanwhile, Richard Meurig Griffiths left the board at the same time, but currently remains an active director of Llanelli RFC Limited.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 12:09pm
I really hope these are unpaid positions.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 12:13pm
I would like a capable appointment with an eye on the future and not the past,as important as the heritage is the way things are heading we will be west wales something or other.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I would like a capable appointment with an eye on the future and not the past,as important as the heritage is the way things are heading we will be west wales something or other.

And when that happens it won't really be "we" or "us" at all,however much they try to convince othereise.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

Scarlets Regional Limited filings with Companies House on October 15 show Rupert Moon and Gareth Jenkins were each appointed "heritage directors" on September 1.

Meanwhile, Richard Meurig Griffiths left the board at the same time, but currently remains an active director of Llanelli RFC Limited.
They will be unpaid. The RFC Board/ Management Committee can nominate two representatives from the Rfc to join the Region’s Board -to protect/ voice  the interests  of the RFC . The two nominees have stepped down and obviously Moony and Gareth have stepped in presumably proposed by a very good friend Anthony Bucks,  as the current RFC chairman. 

I am really not sure what the point is now of all this heritage stuff as the Scarlets are really the Rfc and the RFC is not really Llanelli any more and is just a bottom of the league development team and whipping boy for the rest of the league. 

Hopefully, the new members  as Llanelli stalwarts can at least try and persuade the board to put hands in pockets and to invest more in the RFC (if the RFC  is to continue as a club)in appropriate forwards to allow us to compete and win some games. I hope it works for the better. We have Aberavon at the weekend which will not be at all easy  🙏

Edited by reesytheexile - 21 October 2021 at 5:38pm
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 7:13pm
Of course, it's a critical time...

IF Scarlets and Ospreys were to merge as a West Wales side (🤮), some may say there would be pressure to form a new brand that is neither. That is to say, so as not to disenfranchise Ospreys fans, for example. "West" could be a key feature of that.

If the Scarlets regional brand were to face such a change, a continuation of Llanelli RFC (and, therefore, the Scarlets by implication) would actually be vital. Surely its existence is a defence against the worst happening. And yes, I know, all the same, that demotion would be a devastating sop.

Regardless, the pathway to a two-region system at the moment seems laced with contradiction...

- Supposedly Scarlets in pole position with good books, good management, big region and an actual stadium etc - but performing poorly right at the minute.
- But Ospreys with more stars and a board that has been intent on investing as a standalone in the last couple of years since the initial merger talk - and arguably performing better just at the moment.
- Similarly, Blues seemingly intent on vanishing as a potential vehicle for a greater East Blues region, by dint of positioning itself as the big city.

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

They will be unpaid. The RFC Board/ Management Committee can nominate two representatives from the Rfc to join the Region’s Board -to protect/ voice  the interests  of the RFC . The two nominees have stepped down and obviously Moony and Gareth have stepped in presumably proposed by a very good friend Anthony Bucks,  as the current RFC chairman. 

I am really not sure what the point is now of all this heritage stuff as the Scarlets are really the Rfc and the RFC is not really Llanelli any more and is just a bottom of the league development team and whipping boy for the rest of the league. 

Hopefully, the new members  as Llanelli stalwarts can at least try and persuade the board to put hands in pockets and to invest more in the RFC (if the RFC  is to continue as a club)in appropriate forwards to allow us to compete and win some games. I hope it works for the better. We have Aberavon at the weekend which will not be at all easy  🙏
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 7:20pm

Of course, it's a critical time...

IF Scarlets and Ospreys were to merge as a West Wales side (🤮), some may say there would be pressure to form a new brand that is neither. That is to say, so as not to disenfranchise Ospreys fans, for example. "West" could be a key feature of that.

If the Scarlets regional brand were to face such a change, a continuation of Llanelli RFC (and, therefore, the Scarlets by implication) would actually be vital. Surely its existence is a defence against the worst happening. And yes, I know, all the same, that demotion would be a devastating sop.

Regardless, the pathway to a two-region system at the moment seems laced with contradiction...

- Supposedly Scarlets in pole position with good books, good management, big region and an actual stadium etc - but performing poorly right at the minute.
- But Ospreys with more stars and a board that has been intent on investing as a standalone in the last couple of years since the initial merger talk - and arguably performing better just at the moment.
- Similarly, Blues seemingly intent on vanishing as a potential vehicle for a greater East Blues region, by dint of positioning itself as the big city.

There's little chance of a merger any more. Our board only entertained at as a takeover and I doubt the Os new owner would want to kill the Os brand.

If there is a reduction in the number of teams, I can't see it happening voluntarily in the near future.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 7:41pm

The way the Scarlets have treated Llanelli RFC in recent years is like an unwanted child , nothing short of a disgrace . Hopefully Gareth and Rupert ,can fight there corner .

Edited by 157cb - 21 October 2021 at 7:49pm
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 7:42pm
Possibly there are people at the Scarlets who would not be greatly concerned in the event of further butchery  of the game,and who are not worried by the prospect of new, ham-fisted acts of cultural vandalism by the Union.They would continue to draw a lucrative salary,they calculate,and would hold onto jobs -funded by the Union-in whatever crass new entity emerges from the wreckage.The same old arguments will proliferate-playing standards,affordability,punching over our weight,etc,etc,etc....And they'll expect you to hand over your money,turn up at stupid times to watch crap rugby against sides from god-knows-where in half-empty grounds.Some people will swallow it.Some people need somewhere to go ,take the family,wave a flag,sing a song.....I get that.But it will not be Llanelli Rugby Football Club.It will not be the Scarlets.It will not be the descendant or the heir, either.It will be a cheap little label;a grubby,grabbing concoction scrawled on the back of a fag packet.It will be a piece of junk.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 21 October 2021 at 7:46pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 7:47pm
Surely the regional side want the rfc to improve, it’s a shame they left to struggle so much, aberavon are a top team sat could be messy
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Surely the regional side want the rfc to improve, it’s a shame they left to struggle so much, aberavon are a top team sat could be messy
I think it’s a battle sometimes to fight the corner for an RFC  side with some on the board and fund it . It’s their money of course , but the situation is getting worse over the years with the performance of the RFC and the restrictions on having a good mix of player recruitment to support the young development talent. I hope the new guys can help influence 🙏

Edited by reesytheexile - 21 October 2021 at 8:49pm
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 8:13pm
Will any scarlets players be released to the RFC this  weekend against aberavon 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 8:34pm

Not from what I am hearing. 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2021 at 9:23pm
The feeder system from the premiership clubs has served the  Scarlets well since we became regions.  The system was the envy  of the other regions . In recent seasons the Llanelli side has been neglected by the Scarlets and the conveyer belt has been drying up.  Seeing  Aron Shingler Liam Williams and others come through the feeder system was a feather ln our cap.   I hope all this hard work has not been lost. 

Edited by LLANDRE - 21 October 2021 at 9:24pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2021 at 6:10am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

The feeder system from the premiership clubs has served the  Scarlets well since we became regions.  The system was the envy  of the other regions . In recent seasons the Llanelli side has been neglected by the Scarlets and the conveyer belt has been drying up.  Seeing  Aron Shingler Liam Williams and others come through the feeder system was a feather ln our cap.   I hope all this hard work has not been lost. 

If I could fix one thing it would be to level set the value addition of Llanelli RFC to the Scarlets Board and to the development pathway.

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2021 at 10:12am
The issue the rfc is they have no junior teams at all now, they had a strong youth section when i was a kid, (played on the pitch behind stradey) i’d look to bring that back tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic