Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

South Africa Selection.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South Africa Selection.
    Posted: 31 October 2021 at 12:59pm
A lot is being made of how many players we are missing but I think we are kidding ourselves to a degree. Its our forwards that are misfiring & not providing the kind of possession to give us a chance. If we had Ken/Dee, Faletau & Tipuric does anyone really think we would fared any better yesterday? I think the following is the team Pivac will select :-

15. Liam 14. LRZ 13. Foxy 12. Johnny 11. Adams 10. Priestland 9. Tomos
1. Wyn 2. Ken 3. Francis 4. AWJ 5. Beard 6. Wainwright 7. Basham 8. Faletau

16. Ryan 17. Carre 18. Lewis 19. Rowlands 20. Jenkins/Young 21. Cawdor 22. Biggar 23. McNicholl/Scott
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:10pm
Will he drop biggar? Jonny mac may stay  in the team. Pack looks right
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Will he drop biggar? Jonny mac may stay  in the team. Pack looks right

He probably won't drop Biggar but, for me, Rhys is the player who can give the backs the best chance of playing the way Pivac wants to play. Anscombe can also but he needs to be protected and get more games under his belt for the Ospreys and then be ready for the 6 nations.

The same can be said for Liam in all honesty and Johnny Mac does not really deserve to be dropped. The Boks pack will set us a different challenge to NZ & certainly won't be any weaker in the set pieces so if we don't see a vast improvement in our set piece play then it will be a long afternoon/evening. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:41pm
Has Alun Wyn had a miraculous recovery?  Looked bad when he went off.
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:44pm
Wonder if this ulster hooker will figure. We will struggle to hold their driving maul and scrum

Edited by RR1972 - 31 October 2021 at 1:46pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 1:49pm
Tomos Williams has to improve 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 2:24pm
15 jonny mac
14 adams
13 foxy
12 jonny w
11 adams
10 preistland
9 cawdor

1 wyn
2 ulster lad
3 francis
4 rowlands
5 beard
6 young
7 basham
8 wsinwright

16 myhil
17 rhodri j
18 wgj
19 seb d
20 jenkins or fsletau
21 williams
22 sheedy
23 liam

Im taking into account that awj and morriaty are out
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

15 jonny mac
14 adams
13 foxy
12 jonny w
11 adams
10 preistland
9 cawdor

1 wyn
2 ulster lad
3 francis
4 rowlands
5 beard
6 young
7 basham
8 wsinwright

16 myhil
17 rhodri j
18 wgj
19 seb d
20 jenkins or fsletau
21 williams
22 sheedy
23 liam

The Ulster hooker has only ever played 10 games of pro rugby. It would be a huge ask to throw him in against SA
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

15 jonny mac
14 adams
13 foxy
12 jonny w
11 adams
10 preistland
9 cawdor

1 wyn
2 ulster lad
3 francis
4 rowlands
5 beard
6 young
7 basham
8 wsinwright

16 myhil
17 rhodri j
18 wgj
19 seb d
20 jenkins or fsletau
21 williams
22 sheedy
23 liam

The Ulster hooker has only ever played 10 games of pro rugby. It would be a huge ask to throw him in against SA

I took it as a good time to get him into the squad and training with the team to suss him out.Hopefully Ken  will be fit. I don’t know what to think about Elias as despite his other qualities, he is building a lot of negative line out form sadly. It also is an issue for the Scarlets  🙁
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 5:21pm
Whichever way Pivac throws the dice for SA - most of the starting XV are average at best and the bench will be dross. Years of complacency, self-interest and incompetence in the leadership of the pro game in Wales has brought us to this point. I worry that it's already too late. Any national coach would be struggling with the resources and system we have.
What's going on?
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 5:45pm
There was one particular phase of play that wound me up yesterday.

Loose ball on the floor, Adam Beard looked at the ball, then tried kicking it.

It's instinctive for a forward especially to pounce on any loose ball on the floor, you don't even think of the kicking you might get.

I had to go for a walk go calm down after seeing that.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 6:48pm
I would start Priestland with Biggar on bench, SA know Biggars game well enough from the summer.

Tompkins played well today, him and Jonny Williams would be a combo worth investing in at this point - even tho I’m not sold on Tompkins at that level.

Forwards it’s pick who’s fit 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 7:41pm
Which back row player is best in the line out? Aren’t the boks loaded with giant back rowers at the tail of the line? Thats the only id consider playing seb davies. Anscombe cant be in team just not playing well enough, williams at 9 poor yday but none of the others in squad playing well either.  If awj not fit could play davies and beard lock but bit lightweight vs the boks pairing. If elias can fix his throwing in he is good in the loose and has a bit of dog in him. Myhill is not a test level player neither are carre and lewis

Edited by RR1972 - 31 October 2021 at 7:53pm
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 8:57pm
15. McNicholl 
14. LRZ
13. Tompkins
12. Scott Williams 
11. Adams
10. Priestland
09. T Williams
01. Wyn
02. Owens
03. Francis
04. Beard
05. Rowlands
06. Ellis Jenkins 
07. Basham
08. Wainwright 

Bradley Roberts, Rhodri Jones, Will Griff John, Ben Carter, Thomas Young, Cawdor, Sheedy, Sanjay

Making some assumptions that AWJ, Faletau, Biggar won’t be fit, and that Ken, Sanjay and Young will be. 

Ellis J switch to blindside out of necessity.

Foxy is completely ineffective for me, and also thought Johnny W looked like a man who hasn’t had much rugby. My bench is awful but can only pick off what scraps Pivac has given us.

Edited by hartson11 - 31 October 2021 at 8:57pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 9:50pm
Wales misses Shingler in line outs. He is the best in the business but no youngster now 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Which back row player is best in the line out? Aren’t the boks loaded with giant back rowers at the tail of the line? Thats the only id consider playing seb davies. Anscombe cant be in team just not playing well enough, williams at 9 poor yday but none of the others in squad playing well either.  If awj not fit could play davies and beard lock but bit lightweight vs the boks pairing. If elias can fix his throwing in he is good in the loose and has a bit of dog in him. Myhill is not a test level player neither are carre and lewis
Kirby had some good games for us but just lacked consistency. Him Rob and Samson were our future as U 20’s front row. He’s a big powerful guy and only about 29. I would like to see him have a few games as he is now with playing well at Cardiff 

Edited by reesytheexile - 31 October 2021 at 9:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic