Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets A v Dragons A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 7:29pm
24-10 Scarlets Conbeer two tries 
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 7:39pm
10-29 second try for Daf Hughes. 5 mins to go. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 7:43pm
Scarlets wi 29-10.

Well done guys. Patch had about 60 mins. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 8:01pm

Sounds like a very good workout for the young Turks tonight. Twenty one of the twenty five Scarlets produced.

Astonishing that 35  senior players were not considered for tonight.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 8:32pm
Now Need to up the standard level of the Boys, food for the win...
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 8:40pm
When I arrived we were 5-0 down with a very strong wind behind us, which we were not using very well. The Drags were doing the basics better than us and I feared the worst for the second half. Fortunately Patch started to get his mojo back and two excellent kicks into the corner allowed Conbeer to race on to score two very good tries before ht. After half time the Drags were rarely in it. We stopped making mistakes and most of the many changes improved us. Also the wind largely died down ( the rain having stopped immediately after I had posted that it was pi**ing down - I must try that again) Almost all the youngsters did no harm at all to their reputation. Carwyn played the whole 80 and had several aggressive charges - where he was usually stopped by 2 or 3 defenders but they got up very slowly afterwords and I'm sure this contributed to our second half dominance. Our second half defence was top quality and the Dragons rarely got going.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

When I arrived we were 5-0 down with a very strong wind behind us, which we were not using very well. The Drags were doing the basics better than us and I feared the worst for the second half. Fortunately Patch started to get his mojo back and two excellent kicks into the corner allowed Conbeer to race on to score two very good tries before ht. After half time the Drags were rarely in it. We stopped making mistakes and most of the many changes improved us. Also the wind largely died down ( the rain having stopped immediately after I had posted that it was pi**ing down - I must try that again) Almost all the youngsters did no harm at all to their reputation. Carwyn played the whole 80 and had several aggressive charges - where he was usually stopped by 2 or 3 defenders but they got up very slowly afterwords and I'm sure this contributed to our second half dominance. Our second half defence was top quality and the Dragons rarely got going.
Diolch Dai, thanks for the summary. Encouraging win!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 9:25pm
Thanks Dai. Much appreciated.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 9:50pm

Scrum half Dan Babos grabbed a first half try brace but it was Scarlets Development who claimed a 29-10 victory in an entertaining friendly encounter at Rodney Parade. 

Babos grabbed a superb double as Dragons A started he home game in fine form, backed by a healthy crowd of 1,406 in Newport.

But Scarlets edged ahead just before the break courtesy of a score from former Dragon Tyler Morgan before moving clear in the second period.

The game was a great opportunity for both squads to get valuable game time while there was also a successful return for Wales international hooker Elliot Dee after injury.

Dragons started like a train and early pressure was rewarded as Babos darted over from close range for a 5-0 lead after less than two minutes.

Early momentum, though, was disrupted as back row Ben Fry limped off and was replaced by young Academy ace Ben Moa.

Captain Adam Warren was busy rolling out of tackles and, with the forwards eager to carry through the likes of Huw Taylor, Dan Baker and the returning Dee, the home side slowly built pressure.

Scarlets enjoyed their best spell before a second home score after a charge down from Jared Rosser fell into the hands of Babos.

The nine raced up to halfway and fed the electric Dyer to burst into space before, as he was dragged to the floor, he offloaded for Babos to race to the corner for a 10-0 lead.

Scarlets hit back with a well worked effort as Patchell cross kicked for Ryan Conbeer to wrestle his way over to cut the lead in half.

Dragons threatened a third after Ollie Andrew burst through a huge gap in midfield, but after rattling up close the visiting forwards forced a crucial penalty.

Scarlets hit back and took the lead just before the break as neat hands sent Tyler Morgan over.

A tight second half saw both teams trade possession and openings before Patchell picked out Conbeer for his second and replacement Daf Hughes powered from close range for a 24-10 lead.

Youngsters such as Will Reed and Che Hope were introduced from then bench while there was also a welcome return on home soil for Max Williams.

Hughes grabbed his second of the night after more forward power from the visitors late on.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 7:36am

Thanks Dai - sounds like our pack started to get on top 2nd half - how did Morgan Jones, Jac & Caleb get on.?
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 7:42am
It seems the real value was in the replacement forwards...
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 8:07am
Thanks for the updates Dai.

Report on Carwyn was encouraging. I say that as other reports from previous games have been mixed.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 8:59am
Great to hear Morgan is finding his feet in Scarlets colours. And can anyone stop Conbeer scoring!?
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 9:01am

Agree with you Dai,first 20-25 mins i thought we were going to get a 40 point hammering as we were making alot of mistakes and the Dragons were doing the basics better..We has alot of ball but kicked poorly and made some bad decisions..2nd half our pack was alot better and the Dragons never got going,Carwyn carried hard but goes to ground easy but an overall good 80 mins off him..Joe Roberts went well at centre and looked sharp in attack and defence..Patch a good 60 mins under his belt with a mix bag off him,2 good cross kicks for Conbeer tries but a couple of charge downs first half that nearly cost us...Daf Hughes also had an impact..Overall a pleasing performance
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 9:22am
Thanks Dai and townboy, and to Hoppy for posting the Dragons report.

Great to hear that Patchell is back playing, and making some important contributions despite understandable rustiness.

Will the Scarlets be posting their own report today? Nothing online yesterday.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 10:32am

There was a match report on the Scarlets website at 9pm last night. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic