Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Cummins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

Damn Basham has signed a new deal with the dragons. We should go after Reffell now surely. 

I don't really see why either Basham or Reffell would want to come and join our squad when we have Josh Mcloud & Tomas Lezana clearly ahead of them. 
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 4:48pm

Reffell his a work horse and his tough as teak.. 

If he comes available, we must look to sign him. 

Openside flanker is a brutal position, you need at least 3 quality operators in that position. 
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Damn Basham has signed a new deal with the dragons. We should go after Reffell now surely. 

I don't really see why either Basham or Reffell would want to come and join our squad when we have Josh Mcloud & Tomas Lezana clearly ahead of them. 
Also, Reffell isn’t in Pivac’s plans. Why would he leave Leicester to join a Welsh region when the chance of playing international rugby isn’t there?  
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Also, Reffell isn’t in Pivac’s plans. Why would he leave Leicester to join a Welsh region when the chance of playing international rugby isn’t there?  
Money
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 6:21pm

only when they are not injured.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 1:11pm

Reffell would start if he played for the Scarlets. Make no bones about that. Also I’ve no idea how you think JM is ahead of Basham after the autumn he had 

Edited by scarletnut - 26 November 2021 at 1:12pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Reffell would start if he played for the Scarlets. Make no bones about that. Also I’ve no idea how you think JM is ahead of Basham after the autumn he had 

Well I am certainly not going to jump on the Basham bandwagon a la WOL. For sure he did OK against NZ & Australia, average against South Africa and non existent at 8 against Fiji. When JM was called up by Wales for me he was well ahead of the Basham we have now in terms of turnovers, competing at the breakdown and defensively. 

When Tipuric is fit he goes straight in ahead of Basham in my book. As for Reffell I totally disagree with you. He would be 3rd choice 7 if JM and Lezana are fit. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 1:36pm

Well I am certainly not going to jump on the Basham bandwagon a la WOL. For sure he did OK against NZ & Australia, average against South Africa and non existent at 8 against Fiji. When JM was called up by Wales for me he was well ahead of the Basham we have now in terms of turnovers, competing at the breakdown and defensively. 

When Tipuric is fit he goes straight in ahead of Basham in my book. As for Reffell I totally disagree with you. He would be 3rd choice 7 if JM and Lezana are fit. 
Reffell is man of the match virtually every other week for Leicester. He’d be a huge asset to every Welsh side. Guys an animal at the contact area and his stats are impressive after every game
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 1:49pm
But pivac doesn’t like him for sone reason mind you he doesn’t like morgan either, bit of an odd bod is our mr pivac. I personally think if every one is fit naividi jenkins and toby f is wales best
Back row. Tupric is the best footballer but the weakest at the breakdown

Edited by RR1972 - 26 November 2021 at 1:53pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 2:40pm

Reffell is man of the match virtually every other week for Leicester. He’d be a huge asset to every Welsh side. Guys an animal at the contact area and his stats are impressive after every game

Reffell doesn't get in the team when the two South African back rowers are available - the same back rowers who can't get in the South African starting 15/23. Don't get me wrong Reffell & Basham are two fine young 7's - in my book they are on the same level as Jac Morgan - all 3 are short of a fully a fit & firing Josh McLoud who is bigger & stronger than all 3. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 4:57pm

Reffell doesn't get in the team when the two South African back rowers are available - the same back rowers who can't get in the South African starting 15/23. Don't get me wrong Reffell & Basham are two fine young 7's - in my book they are on the same level as Jac Morgan - all 3 are short of a fully a fit & firing Josh McLoud who is bigger & stronger than all 3. 
Yes he does
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 5:34pm
Come on GPR step up the debate level with-

OH NO HE DOESN'T
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 6:04pm
Why cant we play two opensides? Josh and reffell and big sione at 8
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Why cant we play two opensides? Josh and reffell and big sione at 8
I’ve wondered about having Josh play 6 too. Aaron is getting up there, Blade won’t be around forever either. Macleod is a decent sized player, taller than most 7s we see in Wales. Could work.
TigsMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigsMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 9:42am
 Tommy Reffell prob doesn't get in the starting XV if Marco Van Staden is fit (and he is a SA 23 player) Liebenberg and Wiese don't affect him since Reffell is purely a openside.

That being said unless Wales makes it clear he is in their plans I don't know if I see him leaving, he's EQP which is always a good money maker for players on the whole, I just don't see Pivac looking for anyone new now till after the RWC and Reffell at 22 does have time on his side. 

That being said he could do a Costelow (Who if fit would've prob been on 20+ starts at 10 with Tigers the last 18 months or so with the way Borthwick rotated things) but 7's are easier to find. 

Although Tigers being 8 from 8 and playing in front of 18K-19K a home game (Quins next week looking like a sell out so would be our first 20K+ game since covid) does help for our pov

Edited by TigsMan - 27 November 2021 at 9:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic