Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Sharks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

There are no commercial airline options that get them back to the UK pre 4am Sunday as at now...but the status as you can imagine is quite fluid...

Best/most dependable option is to look for a charter, and see if that gets them home pre that window.
Even then that window only applies to British nationals, so it's possible that guys like Lezana and Lousi etc would have different arrangements.

Although the options are pretty limited, I'm hugely impressed by how the Scarlets have mobilized everything they can to to get these guys home.

Does the change affect your travel plans Wil - is Kenya affected by the red list additions?
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 8:00am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

There are no commercial airline options that get them back to the UK pre 4am Sunday as at now...but the status as you can imagine is quite fluid...

Best/most dependable option is to look for a charter, and see if that gets them home pre that window.
Even then that window only applies to British nationals, so it's possible that guys like Lezana and Lousi etc would have different arrangements.

Although the options are pretty limited, I'm hugely impressed by how the Scarlets have mobilized everything they can to to get these guys home.

Does the change affect your travel plans Wil - is Kenya affected by the red list additions?

No, no impact here.

But I’m not leaving until he does!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 8:10am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

No, no impact here.

But I’m not leaving until he does!

Every cloud as they say Wil - hopefully you & a quarantine free Scott can get together after all. 
jimmywilde View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimmywilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 8:46am
Hopefully they can sort out a charter today.
I know it's a mess rugby wise but let's just get them out and worry about that later.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 9:02am
Let's hope they get home safely & in time.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 9:35am
hope they get home safely and soon...bad idea to go there..
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

It's their job, the way the teams make their moneu.  The alternative is no professional rugby in Wales. (or so wr are lead to believe)
Keep the faith
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

This absolutely Fs up our season. Unless the squad are able to jump on a plane home tonight (very unlikely) they’ll have to spend 10 days in quarantine. I hope we just play the game on Saturday and then fly straight back so that we don’t miss an European game. Missing a league game will be bad enough but missing a European game would be a disaster. Will also mean that a few of our internationals won’t have played together before the European game. Out of interest can the whole squad isolate (and train) together or will they have to isolate in their own hotel rooms. If the latter fitness could be a problem for the Bristol game as they will have at most 4 days out of quarantine before the game. 

Cardiff are planning to come home tomorrow if they can.
We're surely doing the same.

We're screwed either way because 10 days in isolation means 10 days with no real training
No need to isolate provided they’re back in the country by 4am on Sunday, apparently. 
According to the Beeb it's quarantine for 10 days after 4pm Sunday and isolate at home for 10 days before 4pm Sunday.  Either way I can't see how they can train.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:02am
Well I did say this was a season defining tour for us but I didn't expect this.

As Rob says above if they get home tomorrow they have to isolate at home for 10 days which takes us to the 6th December then they have a few days, with no match sharpness, before we play Bristol. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Well I did say this was a season defining tour for us but I didn't expect this.

As Rob says above if they get home tomorrow they have to isolate at home for 10 days which takes us to the 6th December then they have a few days, with no match sharpness, before we play Bristol. 

Yes and thats the best case scanario - looks like a poor start to our European campaign as that is not ideal at any level. 
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:09am
If they can get home before 4pm on Sunday, will they then be able to set up a squad bubble which would keep the people who have been in SA isolated but still allow fitness work and training to go on? 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

It's their job, the way the teams make their moneu.  The alternative is no professional rugby in Wales. (or so wr are lead to believe)

Very helpful.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

If they can get home before 4pm on Sunday, will they then be able to set up a squad bubble which would keep the people who have been in SA isolated but still allow fitness work and training to go on? 

I think that's the best case scenario really, but even then we will be going into the Bristol & Bordeaux matches with no game time for a lot of the squad.  
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:20am
Isn’t there a dispensation for Pro sport if they been in bubble, if they haven’t been in bubble then that’s not good. 
As long as they get back safe and sound then that’s main thing worry about the rest of season later. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Isn’t there a dispensation for Pro sport if they been in bubble, if they haven’t been in bubble then that’s not good. 
As long as they get back safe and sound then that’s main thing worry about the rest of season later. 

Rob Evans posted a picture where he appeared to be at a coffee shop.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Rob Evans posted a picture where he appeared to be at a coffee shop.
glad to see he’s enjoying himselfWinkWinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic