Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Sharks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Current working assumption is fly out on Wednesday, with 10 days at a London hotel, all for the bargain price of 100k.

The non Brits issue still needs to be unpacked I guess...

There's no happy ending here, and sorry I've been flippant in some earlier posts...whether we can field a team or maintain our Euro fixture list is pretty superfluous to me right now.

You’re spot on though. Peoples lives at risk and some people aren’t happy that a European match may be cancelled. 
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Current working assumption is fly out on Wednesday, with 10 days at a London hotel, all for the bargain price of 100k.

There's no happy ending here, and sorry I've been flippant in some earlier posts...whether we can field a team or maintain our Euro fixture list is pretty superfluous to me right now.

You’re spot on though. Peoples lives at risk and some people aren’t happy that a European match may be cancelled. 
I can be unhappy at both things, thanks
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 2:35pm
There is talk of the scarlets and the blues trying to arrange to complete their quarantining at the jail of Glamorgan.  That would be a solution with regards to the players keeping conditioned and fit during quarantine and would probably reduce the likelihood of the European Champions Cup matching being cancelled or rescheduled.
However,  I can’t see the Westminster government or NHS England giving them permission to do so.
I personally would like to see all rugby stopped for a few weeks, as there have been confirmed cases of the new variant in the UK already, and sports events run the risk of being spreader events for any variant.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

There is talk of the scarlets and the blues trying to arrange to complete their quarantining at the jail of Glamorgan.  That would be a solution with regards to the players keeping conditioned and fit during quarantine and would probably reduce the likelihood of the European Champions Cup matching being cancelled or rescheduled.
However,  I can’t see the Westminster government or NHS England giving them permission to do so.
I personally would like to see all rugby stopped for a few weeks, as there have been confirmed cases of the new variant in the UK already, and sports events run the risk of being spreader events for any variant.
 ..,”at the jail of Glamorgan” 😂 I assume you meant The Vale ? Good idea in an ideal world 👍

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I just hope that the ERC are looking at this situation. We really don't want a repeat of last season's fiasco with Toulon turning up but refusing to play. ERC need to act now to protect the integrity of their competition. 

This situation affects 6 teams in the Champions comp, and 2 in the Challenge  Comp.
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

It's the hotels that get the cash for providing accomodation.  No doubt the government get a small admin cut but it's hardly going to sort out the national debt.! 
£100,000 seems reasonable to me, considering no one else will want to go near the hotel whilst it's being used for quarantine.
So the government website = 
1 adult in 1 room for 10 days (11 nights)£2,285

If the hotels had a say they would have different rates. 

This is government lead. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 5:10pm
Well it's still a reasonable rate for full board accommodation in London.
The hotels don't want this type of trade unless they get well compensated.
No doubt the cost is also designed to deter people from travelling from red listed countries unnecessarily, which is a sensible move by the government.

Keep the faith
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Well it's still a reasonable rate for full board accommodation in London.
The hotels don't want this type of trade unless they get well compensated.
No doubt the cost is also designed to deter people from travelling from red listed countries unnecessarily, which is a sensible move by the government.

That is the full uk. Not London. 

Hotels do not have a choice in the matter 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 9:12pm
Looking more likely as tine goes on that the 3 teams ( Scarlets, Cardiff, Munster) could leave SA in the morning.
Destination not exactly clear just yet, or maybe I should say routing.

I expect the Chips family to rack up a record number of basal swaps in the coming week.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 9:31pm

Looking more likely as tine goes on that the 3 teams ( Scarlets, Cardiff, Munster) could leave SA in the morning.

I expect the Chips family to rack up a record number of basal swaps in the coming week.
No pain (proverbial or otherwise) no gain.

Fingers crossed 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

European Cup organisers are gonna be in all sorts of pain with the Nu variant 

Edited by dyniol53 - 28 November 2021 at 12:22am
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 6:55am

Hope everyone is okay wil,my son met ben whitehouse in bangkok yesterday ,my son teaches out there but whitehouse was meant to ref somewhere and ended up in bangkok.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 7:54am
It’s very challenging, looks like Dublin, leaving in 3 or 4 hours….a degree of caution until wheels go up I suggest…
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 8:04am

It’s very challenging, looks like Dublin, leaving in 3 or 4 hours….a degree of caution until wheels go up I suggest…
Fingers crossed for that result.

Do they have to stop off at Johannesburg on the way out of SA, like all normal passenger traffic, I believe, or is it chartered for flying straight out of the country?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 8:37am
from Zebre account...all the teams will leave SA at 12.00 in the morning, to uk. Next Zebre go to Italy without quarantine...
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2021 at 2:25pm
Great to read that they are in the air and on their way home.
Munster however having returned a positive test have to stay in Cape Town atm.
Siwrne saff adre!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic