Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amanda Blanc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 8:44am
It’s talk by people who love talking in innuendos and riddles and think they are clever. If it’s that important it will come just wait and see and let the really important people have there look at me moment. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Lads!
This isn't going to be  murky sex scandal, or even a corruption issue.

More likely a highly respected captain of industry calling out the WRU for being small minded, incompetent, inward looking amateurs slowly destroying what was once a great part of our culture. One of the few things this small country has a truly global reputation for.

Something like that

Yep this all over, can't imagine her resignation letter covers any more than her having less time to dedicate (having taken the CEO role during her time with PRB/WRU) and possibly some concerns over the structure/governance/leadership within the WRU, something which is frequently questioned, albeit being questioned publicly from someone freshly on the inside would be new.

And even it if was the case, and she wanted to make the letter public, it may cause some short term noise but those who back the union would dismiss it with something like 'she doesn't understand Welsh rugby' and those who question the WRU would wholeheartedly agree with any criticism.

And on it goes.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Aparently its going to be the biggest story in Welsh Rugby history. According to the sources.
i somehow doubt that’s true tbh

I was trying to think of the previous biggest story?

Almost merging us and the Os in 2019 felt pretty big at the time

Then the creation of regional rugby would be up there

Sam Warburton’s red card 😅

Eddie and Alfie live?
Sacking your head coach in the car park after a world cup defeat?
having a sponsorless league for years for your pro teams?

Granted to be acclaimed as the biggest story in Welsh rugby history, it will have to be pretty big.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Lads!
This isn't going to be  murky sex scandal, or even a corruption issue.

More likely a highly respected captain of industry calling out the WRU for being small minded, incompetent, inward looking amateurs slowly destroying what was once a great part of our culture. One of the few things this small country has a truly global reputation for.

Something like that

Yep this all over, can't imagine her resignation letter covers any more than her having less time to dedicate (having taken the CEO role during her time with PRB/WRU) and possibly some concerns over the structure/governance/leadership within the WRU, something which is frequently questioned, albeit being questioned publicly from someone freshly on the inside would be new.

And even it if was the case, and she wanted to make the letter public, it may cause some short term noise but those who back the union would dismiss it with something like 'she doesn't understand Welsh rugby' and those who question the WRU would wholeheartedly agree with any criticism.

And on it goes.

Rugby Paper seem to think there is something worth reporting.......

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:26am
Any info from a departing senior person would be newsworthy, good or bad.

I'm just not sure it's something we'll ever see, and even if we did can't see it having a big long term impact.

Hope I'm wrong as Welsh rugby does need a massive kick, but it has for a very long time.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:37am

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Aparently its going to be the biggest story in Welsh Rugby history. According to the sources.
i somehow doubt that’s true tbh

I was trying to think of the previous biggest story?

Almost merging us and the Os in 2019 felt pretty big at the time

Then the creation of regional rugby would be up there

Sam Warburton’s red card 😅

Eddie and Alfie live?
Sacking your head coach in the car park after a world cup defeat?
having a sponsorless league for years for your pro teams?

Granted to be acclaimed as the biggest story in Welsh rugby history, it will have to be pretty big.

jiffy going north, the launch of a rugby world cup  the game going open, bringing in regional rugby all huge stories

Edited by RR1972 - 30 November 2021 at 10:54am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 9:42am
This is a nothing story until it becomes a story. It is going to take a period of decline by the National team to get the oil tanker which is the WRU/blazers to realise they are not fit for purpose. At that point Pivac & Co. will get the blame, a World class coaching ticket will be hired and then if nothing changes we may see a realisation. By then though it may well be too late. 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 11:17am
Where are the moles in Welsh rugby journalism? Someone guided by righteousness and truth. Fearless.

Steadfast in integrity?

Is there anyone who actually remembers how to be a proper Journalist?
Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2021 at 3:25pm
Storm ?
Teacup ?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2021 at 6:51pm

Where are the moles in Welsh rugby journalism? Someone guided by righteousness and truth. Fearless.

Steadfast in integrity?

Is there anyone who actually remembers how to be a proper Journalist?

Seems to apply to most journalists nowadays ......Most of them dont even talk to the public , especially on tv...scared to death in case they may say something truthful and honest
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

It’s talk by people who love talking in innuendos and riddles and think they are clever. If it’s that important it will come just wait and see and let the really important people have there look at me moment. 

Awful post mate. Laced with assumptions and poor knowledge of posters on here.Confused
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Awful post mate. Laced with assumptions and poor knowledge of posters on here.Confused
Yep terrible post
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 2:09pm
The campaign to make Amanda's reasons public is gathering steam. Just need a couple of Downing Streetesque whistle-blowers to accidentally leak the letter to the Mirror.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 4:50pm
Peter Thomas of Cardiff RFC calling for explanation now of the resignation of Amanda Blanc and calling for separate boards for running The Community and Professional rugby - he’s right! 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 4:50pm

'It's a disaster!' Peter Thomas calls on WRU to publicly reveal why Amanda Blanc mysteriously resigned.

Cardiff Rugby life president Peter Thomas has also called for a greater degree of separation between the amateur and professional game in Wales

Cardiff Rugby life president Peter Thomas says it is vital to make the right appointment following the “disastrous” departure of Amanda Blanc from her role as chair of the WRU Professional Rugby Board.

The long-serving Thomas has also called for a greater degree of separation between the amateur and professional game in Wales in terms of how they are run.

Blanc, the chief executive officer of insurance company Aviva, stepped down as chair of the PRB in November after just under two years at the helm, also leaving the WRU board.

The PRB, which comprises representatives from the WRU and each of the regions, was created in 2018 and is responsible for running professional rugby in Wales.

No explanation was given for Blanc’s exit, with all four regions issuing a joint statement express their sadness at the news.

Now Thomas - who was chairman of Cardiff Rugby for more than 20 years and remains on their board - has given his views on the situation and what needs to happen next.

“Amanda Blanc attended one of our board meetings and she was absolutely superb,” he said.

“To lose someone of that calibre is a huge backward step.

“Her very presence in the meetings and her vision for the future was so important to us.

“Replacing her is going to be very, very difficult, to find someone of her calibre.

“I was very, very surprised when she stepped down.

“The problem, of course, is that her resignation letter has been kept very private.

“I do feel the hierarchy in the WRU should give an explanation as to why she finished because she was such an important part of what we are trying to do.

“It just doesn’t sit with me that her reasons for leaving are not made public."

Thomas believes this is now something of a watershed moment for the game in Wales.

“What the WRU should do is listen to what the regional chairman are saying to them,” he said.

“They must allow the PRB to run the professional rugby game.

“To go forward, we have to have the separation between the community game and the professional game.

“I remember Alan Meredith (Swansea RFC) and I presenting this to Sir Tasker Watkins 20 odd years ago and we are still waiting.

“You must have a distinct difference between amateurism and professionalism.

“I just hope out of the disaster of Amanda Blanc going we can put the matter right by securing an appointment and the WRU sitting back knowing the professional game is in very good capable hands.”

Welsh rugby's loss was magnified just last week when Blanc was listed inside the top 30 of Forbes' 100 most powerful women of 2021, which you can read more about here.

Thomas continued: “I applaud the appointment of Rob Butcher as the chairman of the Welsh Rugby Union.

“You couldn’t have anyone better to understand the community game than him. He has spent his lifetime in the amateur game. He spent 25 years in it with Bargoed RFC.

“He is a perfect appointment as the chairman of the WRU amateur game, with the knowledge and background he has had.

“But the professional board has to be run by professional business people.

“I want to support the WRU board in who they are, but they must recognise there is also a professional rugby board.

“We had a perfect appointment as the chairperson of the PRB. Sadly, that situation no longer exists.”

Thomas says securing the right replacement for Blanc is crucial and feels Cardiff board member Andrew Williams, the CEO of technologies company Halma, fits the bill perfectly.

“This is an absolutely key appointment,” he said.

“If you look at the four regions, you have candidates of real quality.

“Take for example Andrew Williams, who is on our board in Cardiff.

“He’s one of the longest-serving top CEOs in the country.

“He is a valleys boy who has done good and made it to the very top. He is massively respected.

“If ever there was a candidate to fulfil that position, he is there head and shoulders, no question about it.

“The experience he has got, it’s on a par probably with Amanda.

“He would fit it perfectly and make such a difference. It’s people of his calibre at the very top end of business we need involved in running the professional game in Wales.

“I just wish that out of this situation we are all in with Amanda going we can very quickly put it right.”

Thomas concluded: “Before regional rugby, Cardiff went to Ireland and beat every team that they came up against.

“We go there now and we can’t win a game and it’s the same for all the regions.

“Something has got to change and it needs the Professional Rugby Board to make that change

www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/its-disaster-peter-thomas-calls-22527552
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 4:54pm
I loved the last paragraph.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic