Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amanda Blanc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 5:03pm
Thomas continued: “I applaud the appointment of Rob Butcher as the chairman of the Welsh Rugby Union.

“You couldn’t have anyone better to understand the community game than him. He has spent his lifetime in the amateur game. He spent 25 years in it with Bargoed RFC.

“He is a perfect appointment as the chairman of the WRU amateur game, with the knowledge and background he has had.

“But the professional board has to be run by professional business people.

“I want to support the WRU board in who they are, but they must recognise there is also a professional rugby board."

Scathing.

Edited by Speedy - 21 December 2021 at 5:03pm
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 6:30pm
Great to see the momentum building. Pressure needs to be kept on.

Why shouldn’t the WRU publish the resignation letter? Just what are they hoping to hide by not doing so?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 6:36pm
Incompetence, one suspects.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Lets hope thats all it is.

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Great to see the momentum building. Pressure needs to be kept on.

Why shouldn’t the WRU publish the resignation letter? Just what are they hoping to hide by not doing so?

Perhaps she has emptied both barrels at someone, at, or very near the top Steve !
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I’d hazard a guess it’s something else.

A woman of her calibre is used to sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Incompetence isn’t really a surprise in cosy organisations.

The implications are it’s something much bigger.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

It’s talk by people who love talking in innuendos and riddles and think they are clever. If it’s that important it will come just wait and see and let the really important people have there look at me moment. 

Awful post mate. Laced with assumptions and poor knowledge of posters on here.Confused
Yep terrible post
Not really if people talk in riddles and try to be clever it gives impression they don’t really know.  They won’t upset apple cart because they won’t get access to internationals to write banal stories about whose wife eats what for breakfast.
Real journalists will question authority and report what they see not what the powers that be want them too. I don’t care who people are just want people to talk straight be honest it’s simple people will respect that far more. 
I know better than most about protecting sources but if people drop innuendo and don’t follow it up it can be dangerous. 

Edited by Why - 21 December 2021 at 8:09pm
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I’d hazard a guess it’s something else.

A woman of her calibre is used to sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Incompetence isn’t really a surprise in cosy organisations.

The implications are it’s something much bigger.

Whatever it is, you can't shape it by or after resigning I'm afraid.

Anything that now comes out will be tagged as 'disgruntled ex employee....'.

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 10:23pm
Except that "disgruntled former employees" tend to be sacked.Resignation is honourable when associated with or in pursuit of a principled position.Robin Cook's resignation speech was a huge political moment,for example,as was Geoffrey Howe's-to name but two in recent history.Too often these days people fail to do the honourable thing,and as a result the world is full of hypocrites.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 10:28pm
A leader of her reputation and standing is very unlikely to want to get embroiled in any sort controversy, in fact she may be restricted from doing so by any of her other employment or non-exec contractual obligations.

It's done, whatever was there will remain there.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2021 at 9:04am

It’s talk by people who love talking in innuendos and riddles and think they are clever. If it’s that important it will come just wait and see and let the really important people have there look at me moment. 

Awful post mate. Laced with assumptions and poor knowledge of posters on here.Confused
Yep terrible post
Not really if people talk in riddles and try to be clever it gives impression they don’t really know.  They won’t upset apple cart because they won’t get access to internationals to write banal stories about whose wife eats what for breakfast.
Real journalists will question authority and report what they see not what the powers that be want them too. I don’t care who people are just want people to talk straight be honest it’s simple people will respect that far more. 
I know better than most about protecting sources but if people drop innuendo and don’t follow it up it can be dangerous. 

Thats a pretty Naive outlook, which must get pretty frustrating and disappointing if you truly hold any consistency to that mantra.

People are discussing what they know, what do you want them to do lie?

The general evidence is that there is something building here. If it wasnt for those discussing what theyve heard, then you would never have known. I for one am grateful for those debating and freely sharing opinions and knowledge.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2021 at 9:09am

A leader of her reputation and standing is very unlikely to want to get embroiled in any sort controversy, in fact she may be restricted from doing so by any of her other employment or non-exec contractual obligations.

As some have had the opinion, this thread has, to them been a non story, a dead duck.

For me there is always something to extract  from every bit of information and expression.

In this thread it taught me that there is a a much wider divide in mindset between Scarlets fans than I ever thought possible.

Some have seemed over eager for this to be nothing.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2021 at 9:18am

Yep terrible post

Thats a pretty Naive outlook, which must get pretty frustrating and disappointing if you truly hold any consistency to that mantra.

People are discussing what they know, what do you want them to do lie?

The general evidence is that there is something building here. If it wasnt for those discussing what theyve heard, then you would never have known. I for one am grateful for those debating and freely sharing opinions and knowledge.
Not at all I just hate bullpooters and people who are pathetic enough to say nothing but pretend to know a lot. 
I love a debate more than anyone but just putting in throw away comments and not backing it up is not debating. 
If they can’t share information because of protecting sources they should say nothing until they can, rather innuendo all the time. 
This is nothing personal just like open and honest debate.

Edited by Why - 22 December 2021 at 9:18am
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2021 at 10:07am

As some have had the opinion, this thread has, to them been a non story, a dead duck.

For me there is always something to extract  from every bit of information and expression.

In this thread it taught me that there is a a much wider divide in mindset between Scarlets fans than I ever thought possible.

Some have seemed over eager for this to be nothing.

There does seem to be some wishful thinking going on.The fact is that a controversy already exists,and has done for nearly a month.Whilst Blanc is avoiding a public slanging match,it is obvious that the content of her resignation letter is known to some:who shared it?Certainly not the WRU,who remain silent....
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2021 at 12:24pm
[QUOTE=Wil Chips]A leader of her reputation and standing is very unlikely to want to get embroiled in any sort controversy, in fact she may be restricted from doing so by any of her other employment or non-exec contractual obligations.

[/QUO
I agree but these things do have habit of coming out. Those who know the content of the letter have to remain "onside" and not split or be split away from the core group. The Downing St. parties were unknown for a year to 18 months but now those who have a grievance are happy to hand evidence over to reporters. You bet someone has a copy of the letter as future "insurance".
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 9:52pm
Looks like the WRU’s tactic of say nothing and hope it’s goes away seems to have worked.

Edited by hartson11 - 13 January 2022 at 9:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic