Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ifan Phillips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ifan Phillips
    Posted: 08 December 2021 at 7:35pm
Just seen that promising Ospreys hooker and Kevin's son Ifan Phillips has suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident.... very sad news indeed:  

All sympathy to Ifan, Kevin and family.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2021 at 8:52pm
Yes  terrible  news.  Life won't be the same for  Ifan again, but  i hope and pray he gets  all the medical help that he needs . Dymuiadau gorau i ti Ifan

Edited by LLANDRE - 09 December 2021 at 12:42pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
McQ View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2021 at 11:31pm
Devastating news. My thoughts go to Ifan and his family.

Edited by McQ - 08 December 2021 at 11:32pm
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 11:48am
A point worth noting Ifan played age rugby  for the  Scarlets 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

And a few games on loan just before covid hit.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

i think one was an european game and he was fantastic,best wishes to him and his family.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

i think one was an european game and he was fantastic,best wishes to him and his family.

He had the makings of a very good player, such a shame.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 3:16pm
Very sad I hope the Scarlets and others on here will be contributing to the fund set up to help him. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 4:41pm
Absolutely terrible accident this, poor lad with need to rebuild his life.
Theyve at least raised nearly £40,000 on his crowd funding to help him in his recovery 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2021 at 10:14pm
Such a shame.  I hope he has an alternative career to fall back on as he will never play again.
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2021 at 12:31am
Such a lovely, boy and such a talent on the rugby field. His family really appreciated the welcome he received here at the Scarlets. Tragic that his rugby career has been cut short but he is such a positive boy I am so sure he will approach his future with a great deal of determination.
Pob dymuniad da i ti Ifan ac i dy rieni Kevin a Iola.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2021 at 7:37pm
I’ve just read a story on BBC Wales news, he’s had his right leg amputated above the knee, surgeons couldn’t safe it.  Very sad and tragic news for such a promising player.
The fact that he appears so relaxed about it is astounding, such a positive young man, his parents should be extremely proud of him.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I’ve just read a story on BBC Wales news, he’s had his right leg amputated above the knee, surgeons couldn’t safe it.  Very sad and tragic news for such a promising player.
The fact that he appears so relaxed about it is astounding, such a positive young man, his parents should be extremely proud of him.
You’d like to think, if he’s interested in doing something, he’d be a gold medal winning Paralympian in the future.

A tremendously positive as well as eloquent post from him quoted from Instagram.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2021 at 12:47am
Pob dymuniad da i ti Ifan! #cryfder #nerth #gwenuohyd
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 3:22pm
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ifan-phillips-returns-gym-just-22709127

massive respect for Ifan. really hope he finds a vocation/role that suits him. incredible character and guts.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic