Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ashes
    Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:40pm
Has any other fellow poster been following what can only be described as a National embarrassment taking place in Australia. The 4th test starts tomorrow - any hope that Santa will have delivered some batting nous to our woeful collection, Root & Malan excluded. 
Sponsored Links

Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Has any other fellow poster been following what can only be described as a National embarrassment taking place in Australia. The 4th test starts tomorrow - any hope that Santa will have delivered some batting nous to our woeful collection, Root & Malan excluded. 
Have to admit that I've not watched a ball bowled or any highlights as I was expecting it to happen. I was informed last night that David Steele and Chris Tavare have been asked about their availability.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Busy Busy wrote:

Have to admit that I've not watched a ball bowled or any highlights as I was expecting it to happen. I was informed last night that David Steele and Chris Tavare have been asked about their availability.

At least they knew which part of the bat was the handle. 
Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by Busy Busy wrote:

At least they knew which part of the bat was the handle. 
And stay there all day.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 4:13pm
Time to drop the hidden Wales from the England and Wales cricket board- we don’t really exist! 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 4:33pm
Shambolic by england. Lazy fielding and sloppy batting, their openers are walking wickets and a lack of a decent spinner is a huge miss. 5 nil unless weather or covid intervenes
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 7:50am
Yet again England manage to drop a player who goes on to get a big score. When I played cricket one of the golden rules was you always picked your best wicket keeper regardless of their batting ability. When are England going to realise that. A poor keeper causes all sorts of issues with the other close fielders because they don't trust them to do the correct thing. 

Pretty amateurish leadership all round being seen in Australia. Root is a fine batsman but very poor captain. Ben Stokes is a world class all rounder but he was rushed back and is nowhere near ready for test match cricket. Time for a root & branch ( see how I did that) re-assessment of English cricket. If priority is mickey mouse cricket - 100, 20/20 etc then so be it but if you want to be the best at real cricket then you have to get serious. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 10:00am
30 odd for 4 again today. Well done to Bairstow, Stokes & Wood for showing some fight at least. You don't win tesst when you lose your both openers so cheaply every test. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 10:09am
England playing with 9 men really the openers are dire. May as well play hales and roy And go all out attack
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 11:54am
Bottom line iIs only Root would get in to the Aussie batting line up from 1-6. Stokes maybe at 7.

Edited by Wil Chips - 07 January 2022 at 11:54am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 12:48pm
Should England not rebrand to be England & Wales to reflect it is the England and Wales Cricket Board? What benefit does the England association bring to the development of cricket in Wales ? 🤔 How many Welsh cricketers are playing first class cricket I wonder? 

Edited by reesytheexile - 07 January 2022 at 12:49pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:07pm
Not many glamorgan abandoed the colts set up a while back. Grass roots cricket in wales is in a dire state
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Not many glamorgan abandoed the colts set up a while back. Grass roots cricket in wales is in a dire state

I know the lower Pembs leagues struggle for umpires but it's not doing too badly here.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Bottom line iIs only Root would get in to the Aussie batting line up from 1-6. Stokes maybe at 7.
and lets be honest the likes of harris and head are not world beaters either
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 4:11pm

So unless “England “ cricket board gives money to Welsh cricket what is the point of the association? 🤔 don’t get it really 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

So unless “England “ cricket board gives money to Welsh cricket what is the point of the association? 🤔 don’t get it really 
the test match at cardiff i guess 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic