Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet v Dragons postponed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 7:40pm
Won’t be many players testing positive when team Wales come knocking

Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Won’t be many players testing positive when team Wales come knocking

Are they immunized when in a Welsh shirt or are you suggesting they bribe labs to fake a COVID test result ?
Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 7:58pm
[QUOTE=Owen111]Won’t be many players testing positive when team Wales come knocking

[/QUOTE
They won't be drinking cola that week LOL
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 10:09pm
When we gonna play all these games?
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:36am
Would not want to go to a Boris do.
You never know what you might catch.  Dead

And it's doubtful he could arrange anything anyway given his inability to be the PM.  Embarrassed

And if you attended, it would be classed as a 'working party' so he may even ask you to become next Minister of whatever........  just for a day.

As for the Dragons.  How come they are catching the virus if they are in a 'bubble' ?  Confused

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

And it's doubtful he could arrange anything anyway given his inability to be the PM.  Embarrassed

And if you attended, it would be classed as a 'working party' so he may even ask you to become next Minister of whatever........  just for a day.

As for the Dragons.  How come they are catching the virus if they are in a 'bubble' ?  Confused

I dislike Boris but need to be looking at the Welsh rules here, they’ve done more than in England but it hasn’t really had a substantial effect on reducing infections. Catching the virus seems to be inevitable at the current rate, without full blown lock the whole country down. Hope the players affected can return quickly. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:43am

I am not sure they are in a bubble per say. They still go home to their partners/families, so it is logical given COVID is rife at the moment that a family member could pass it on to them & they in turn pass it to their teammates. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:45am
I don't think any teams are any longer in bubbles.
You can catch Omicron by simply waking past someone in the street who is infectious.

Keep the faith
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 10:04am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I don't think any teams are any longer in bubbles.
You can catch Omicron by simply waking past someone in the street who is infectious.

Dont tell the panic merchants that for heavens sake, they are convinced we are doomed as it is.....
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 10:24am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Summer rugby anyone?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 7:36pm
My wife’s been told by someone from Newport that COVID-19 was rife this week and they expect it to double on the next week as many residents (and those from Cardiff and valleys too) chose to take advantage of the less restrictions in England on New Year’s Eve.
I think the wider issue is that although you may be in a training bubble, like I work in a bubble in the NHS, you then go home to family and loved ones at the end of your shift and risk being infected by them. Plus if you live or work in urban areas then the simple mathematics of it suggests your more likely to come into contact with someone who is positive and probably contract the virus yourself.
Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:33pm
So next game is on 16/1? Unless I'm wrong and things have changed. Won't be long. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Busy Busy wrote:

So next game is on 16/1? Unless I'm wrong and things have changed. Won't be long. 

Next game is in Europe, against Bordeaux. 
Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

[QUOTE=Busy]So next game is on 16/1? Unless I'm wrong and things have changed. Won't be long. 

Next game is in Europe, against Bordeaux. 
[/QUOTE
So I was right. On 16th of Jan. That won't get cancelled. 

scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 1:13am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I dislike Boris but need to be looking at the Welsh rules here, they’ve done more than in England but it hasn’t really had a substantial effect on reducing infections. Catching the virus seems to be inevitable at the current rate, without full blown lock the whole country down. Hope the players affected can return quickly. 

Just like to ask EJPT, what its like in Berkshire, with regard to compliance?
Down here in Llanelli, it seems that many young men seem to be a law to themselves, and attempt to enter shops without a mask. A few days ago I had a barney with a guy entering a CHEMIST, without mask ! Could have been exempt ,of course , but as he was smoking outside beforehand , I hardly think so !!!As a result its hardly surprising Covid is still with us. No we don't need another lockdown if everyone was sensible, and as a result, we will never see any rugby at this rate.
As for that CRETIN Johnson, the least said the better !
I stood yer on tanner bank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic