Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet v Dragons postponed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Busy Busy wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

[QUOTE=Busy]So next game is on 16/1? Unless I'm wrong and things have changed. Won't be long. 

Next game is in Europe, against Bordeaux. 
[/QUOTE
So I was right. On 16th of Jan. That won't get cancelled. 

Great to hear. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

[QUOTE=Busy]So next game is on 16/1? Unless I'm wrong and things have changed. Won't be long. 

[/QUOTE

Great to hear. Thanks.

As it stands I don't think the French authorities will allow us to travel to play will they? Even if they do, I think I am right in saying that players must be fully vaccinated & we know some of our squad aren't.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:10am

[/QUOTE

Great to hear. Thanks.

As it stands I don't think the French authorities will allow us to travel to play will they? Even if they do, I think I am right in saying that players must be fully vaccinated & we know some of our squad aren't.

Busy says the game is on. So it’s on.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:16am

[/QUOTE

Great to hear. Thanks.

The non vaccinated should not represent an issue but the stance of the French authorities towards what they see as non European nations could be different. If we get another cancellation of fixtures involving French & Uk teams then they may as well cancel the tournament. 

My thoughts are with those of you who have booked and are looking forward to an away trip.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 9:19am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

Would not want to go to a Boris do.
You never know what you might catch.  Dead

And it's doubtful he could arrange anything anyway given his inability to be the PM.  Embarrassed

And if you attended, it would be classed as a 'working party' so he may even ask you to become next Minister of whatever........  just for a day.

As for the Dragons.  How come they are catching the virus if they are in a 'bubble' ?  Confused

I dislike Boris but need to be looking at the Welsh rules here, they’ve done more than in England but it hasn’t really had a substantial effect on reducing infections. Catching the virus seems to be inevitable at the current rate, without full blown lock the whole country down. Hope the players affected can return quickly. 

Just like to ask EJPT, what its like in Berkshire, with regard to compliance?
Down here in Llanelli, it seems that many young men seem to be a law to themselves, and attempt to enter shops without a mask. A few days ago I had a barney with a guy entering a CHEMIST, without mask ! Could have been exempt ,of course , but as he was smoking outside beforehand , I hardly think so !!!As a result its hardly surprising Covid is still with us. No we don't need another lockdown if everyone was sensible, and as a result, we will never see any rugby at this rate.
As for that CRETIN Johnson, the least said the better !
Much the same I’m afraid. Most people wear masks but some that don’t. I think any restrictions introduced people will largely ignore now because of what has gone on in downing street so (thats sadly probably the case for Wales too). 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 1:03pm
The Ospreys will have played 9 league games compared to our 5 after this weekend.

Far from ideal that.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 1:33pm

The Ospreys will have played 9 league games compared to our 5 after this weekend.

Far from ideal that.

9 to 6 I make it but I take your point. Don't know where we are going to fit in all these postponed games.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Far from ideal that.

9 to 6 I make it but I take your point. Don't know where we are going to fit in all these postponed games.

I don't get how we cancelled against Bristol as essentially we couldn't field a team (through no fault of our own), for whatever reason and they were awarded a defacto 28-0 win. We have now had what 5 teams cancel, again, essentially not being able to field teams yet we are expected to rearrange the matches. Doesn't seem fair.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Far from ideal that.

I don't get how we cancelled against Bristol as essentially we couldn't field a team (through no fault of our own), for whatever reason and they were awarded a defacto 28-0 win. We have now had what 5 teams cancel, again, essentially not being able to field teams yet we are expected to rearrange the matches. Doesn't seem fair.

Simon M did say the Scarlets were in talks with the organisers about that...
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 2:24pm

Far from ideal that.

But we won the game that mattered to us, Big smileBig smileBig smile and they lost the one that mattered to them CryCryCry
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:04pm
Round 3 & 4 of the European champions cup is to go ahead as planned.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:46pm

Looks like we'll have to play behind closed doors for Bristol at home.
Another loss maker for the region, unless we offer to play it a Bristol and rearrange to play them at y Parc at a later date when we can get a good crowd in.
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Another loss maker for the region, unless we offer to play it a Bristol and rearrange to play them at y Parc at a later date when we can get a good crowd in.

I don't think that is a bad idea at all. See if we can agree a profit split with them & both clubs are winners.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

We can't just organise it between ourselves. We have to play whatever match EPCR tells us to, which is Scarlets v Bristol.

It's a dire situation, which will be even worse if there are no crowds for the 6 Nations.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 5:54pm
Re Bordeaux away and all other matches involving French teams, yesterday iirc, the government has said that they will be widening the valid reasons for cross border travel, particularly work related.

They’ve not said by when those relaxations will be announced.

Fingers crossed.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2022 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Re Bordeaux away and all other matches involving French teams, yesterday iirc, the government has said that they will be widening the valid reasons for cross border travel, particularly work related.

They’ve not said by when those relaxations will be announced.

Fingers crossed.
It's been confirmed by EPCR that the exemptions are in place Steve. Although there was some caveat about waiting to hear about the exact terms and conditions.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic