Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face Bordeaux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2022 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I believe that Combeer and Rogers are injured, it is interesting to know whether Hardy is not travelling due to restrictions on unvaccinated people entering France (without a reasonable excuse).
Neither are on the injury list, don’t know if they’ve been playing in the prem though.

Hardy’s daughter and partner tested + for Covid 
Fingers crossed they’re symptom free and not ill with it.
Either way get well soon both.

Always great seeing the players with their little ones after games, might be too soon but hopefully see Kieran with Piper after smashing Bristol.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:45am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

We have 14 internationals starting! And two on bench.

Go out be positive! Keep ball and run them ragged! 
You have to win the ball first. Very hard to see Scarlets coming close here. There’s just too much power in this Bordeaux side 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 7:05am
Our best selection of the season...I think we could do good in Bordeaux this week...come on boys!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Bordeaux playing their first string for this one….massive front 5, as befits all Top 14 teams.

Missing Jalibert at 10, but Trinh-duc is no bad replacement. Moefana at centre is a terrific talent, already capped.

Jalibert on the bench returning from injury. The longer Trinh-duc plays the better for us. Our only chance is to make this a helter skelter frenzy - play with tempo, cherish the ball & don't give it back to them or they will try to strangle us up front. Look out for their full back who is 18 and is being tipped as a future International by many. 

As I have said previously I have zero expectation - this Bordeaux team is one of the top French outfits; I am just so pleased to see our boys on the field. Good luck today bois bach & enjoy the experience. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

Is the game on tv? I’ve checked BT sport and it’s not on.
It's tomorrow, don't forget
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 12:25pm
Got a good feeling about this game it’s time now for the senior players to stand up and be counted. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

Is the game on tv? I’ve checked BT sport and it’s not on.
It's tomorrow, don't forget

Sunday at 3pm on bt sport  3
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 2:01pm
I hope Sam's family are ok in Tonga after the tsunami. The pictures dont look over dramatic but his family may be elsewhere or on another island.
minime View Drop Down
Sod the Dragons, I'm a Turk now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 4:59pm
I just went through the Bordeaux team, and if I'm correct, then Liam has possibly more international caps than their starting XV put together.  I'm quite surprised by that.  Not to say that they won't be good mind you.
Clart with a heart now living in the land of the one eyed!
minime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by minime minime wrote:

I just went through the Bordeaux team, and if I'm correct, then Liam has possibly more international caps than their starting XV put together.  I'm quite surprised by that.  Not to say that they won't be good mind you.

They do have a Wo(o)ki(ee) in their backrow though.
minime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by minime minime wrote:

I just went through the Bordeaux team, and if I'm correct, then apart from the Moldovan prop, Liam has possibly more international caps than their starting XV put together.  I'm quite surprised by that.  Not to say that they won't be good mind you.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 5:28pm
That’s a brilliant side we’ve put out. Reservations over scrum time with Shingler in the 2nd row, and don’t ask me why but I don’t really rate Steff Evans as a standout player, in the same mould as Dan Jones he is a competent regional player, for everything Steff Evans does well he does something equally as foolish. Question marks over if they’re fit or not but I’d have Rogers or Conbeer on the wing before him.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

That’s a brilliant side we’ve put out. Reservations over scrum time with Shingler in the 2nd row, and don’t ask me why but I don’t really rate Steff Evans as a standout player, in the same mould as Dan Jones he is a competent regional player, for everything Steff Evans does well he does something equally as foolish. Question marks over if they’re fit or not but I’d have Rogers or Conbeer on the wing before him.
He is a bit too loose at times, but I thought he played very well against the Ospreys last time out. 
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 6:21pm
Bordeaux are not top of the French league for nothing. We will have our work cut out to curtail any momentum they build up.

All I ask for is a competitive performance tomorrow.

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 9:26pm
Statement from Bordeaux:

Three positive cases of Covid-19 having been detected within the Girondin workforce, the staff had to reshuffle their team composition this morning to face the Scarlets.

Following the regulatory antigen tests carried out today within the UBB group due to play the Champions Cup match against the Scarlets this Sunday (4:15 p.m.), three positive cases of Covid-19 have been detected.

As required by the protocol decreed by the EPCR, the club immediately informed the Medical Commission of the competition and the players concerned were placed in isolation.

The staff has therefore made several changes to its team composition. Among them, the positioning in the scrum of Santiago Cordero and the tenure on the wing of Nathanaël Hulleu. Initially replacing, Matthieu Jalibert returned to the starting XV. Finally, Joseph Dweba replaces Clément Maynadier, unavailable for medical reasons unrelated to Covid (back).
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2022 at 9:36pm
So, Jalibert starts then! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic