Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2022/23 kit supplier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2022 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

I don’t really care who supplies our kit as long as it’s reasonably priced with a decent standard of quality. Both of which are lacking in Macron. 

And sized correctly! I normally wear a large rugby shirt but I am XXL in our kit!
Old age has done the same to me  Cry

As far as quality goes, I remember the last kit when we were in Stradey with Kooga and a shirt I bought.  It went from one son to another and then still looking good on to a charity shop.  Those days are long gone it seems with the flimsy rubbish we see today.
Sponsored Links

Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2022 at 5:14pm
I've been told it's going to be Castore but there's apparently an issue as Murderack wants the 9 - 3 scoreboard moved into one of the lounges.

Anyone else heard anything?
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
llanelli_Fan94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llanelli_Fan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2022 at 7:03pm
If we had a supplier except for macron will be good at least we will have the design sooner
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2022 at 7:25pm
Can't say I am fussed on castor if it is just hope they are better than the rubbish we got now. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2022 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

would love to have adidas or canterbury but cant see it happening sadly. VX3 are not bad, umbro not sure about (see the ospreys change jersey Dead

ALWAYS ADIDAS FOR ME
Scarlets before Wales
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2022 at 11:28pm
Sorry gents, I believe our emphasis will should be on the field. We will buy the shirts etc regardless, as long s the price is right.

Sorry having see so much on various social media sites, I am fed up with the supporters of Welsh rugby and I apologise, but kit manufacturers are way down on my priority when it comes to Scarlets and Welsh rugby......sorry again.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 10:39am
It’s not just the quality with macron it’s the design. They’re just awful and lazy. I used to buy scarlets jerseys or other merchandise every year. Since macron I haven’t bothered. There’s better designs in matalan. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Sorry gents, I believe our emphasis will should be on the field. We will buy the shirts etc regardless, as long s the price is right.

Sorry having see so much on various social media sites, I am fed up with the supporters of Welsh rugby and I apologise, but kit manufacturers are way down on my priority when it comes to Scarlets and Welsh rugby......sorry again.
Its not as if the players are focusing on the jerseys there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t have a great kit. And the point is many of us do not buy the kit regardless of quality that is a race to the bottom with that mindset. Many supporters i know bought the first macron jersey. Had experienced the subpar quality and felt fleeced (pun intended) and haven’t bought one since. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 1:07pm
Dai38 this is a discussion board
Plenty of other topics about players on this site where you can voive your views
 This is about the kit. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Dai38 this is a discussion board
Plenty of other topics about players on this site where you can voive your views
 This is about the kit. 

Go easy on him turkish - the man's in pain after a very trying weekendAngry
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 3:04pm
Will do GPR. We have all had quite a trying time watching the Welsh team and the under20s.

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 3:13pm
Thanks gents, I must admit I honestly don't care who supplies the kit, and after a weekend where all the problems within the game in Wales were highlighted, I don't care if Primark supply the kit, I am totally aware that many on here have strong views on the kit, hence me apologising three times in my post, I respect the views expressed,  as I hope you all do as well.   

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 8:58pm
Castore seems to be targeting the high end market.

One of their Newcastle hoodies was about £145.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Castore seems to be targeting the high end market.

One of their Newcastle hoodies was about £145.

They have been pretty impressive in performance sportswear, loungewear, and gym apparel arenas (style/fabric innovation etc.), and with the world tilting away from formal attire in to these sorts of segments they have definitely caught that wave.

In fact they are the fasting moving brand in the sportswear space of late..

Recent partnerships..(just the last few months..)
-South Africa Cricket
-Samoa rugby
-Kent cricket
-Maclaren F1 clothing
-USA rugby
-Saracens Rugby
-England & Wales cricket

If these are the kit supplier for us going forward then it will be interesting to see if they can pivot to matching something different for us, and to a workable price point.
They seem to have done that in the football team ranges they support.

I like 3 tier discount scheme they have in play. Key workers (20%), Student (10%) , Strava discount link (20% for running 10km)...hope they apply that to any deal we have.

Waiting for a 'pudgy middle aged men who are still blushingly groping to buy the shirt size they were 20 years ago' discount....

Edited by Wil Chips - 07 February 2022 at 5:49am
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 10:14am
I've had a look at their Saracens range, which does look decent. 

I have one piece of Castore sportswear. No arguments with the quality.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 11:08am
Just hope we get adidas or Canterbury. Reliable sizes and good quality.
Really not sure on castore just give me the feeling of macron and prices are high as well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic