Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for England? everyone fit so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 1:50pm
Dropping lrz after one missed tackle is a dreadful decision, especially when you have no real wing cover
Rumours are hes bringing in ancombe onto the bench too instead of sheedy? Just bizarre

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Dropping lrz after one missed tackle is a dreadful decision, especially when you have no real wing cover
Rumours are hes bringing in ancombe onto the bench too instead of sheedy? Just bizarre

Didn't he play Anscombe against the AB's after very little game time following a long term injury?

If Anscombe is leaving Wales as rumoured, then I believe he should look to Sheedy or start to give Lloyd game time
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

Pivac is seriously out of his depth in international rugby. The backline haven’t fired at all this year and don’t even look menacing and now he’s dropped our best strike runner over claims he can’t defend. I think he needs to look at Cuthbert’s defence because that’s also non existent. This will be his last 6 nations if we get thumped by England and France.
There are deeper problems than Pivac. Sacking him would just paper over the cracks
100%. Problems lay far deeper. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 3:09pm
Pivac is part of the problem,of course he is not the whole problem
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 3:12pm
He has made some strange decisions but also so brave decisions. LRZ has clearly been carrying an injury could be good for him to build up confidence playing for Gloucester. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 3:22pm
Our problems are not in the back 3 regardless of selection. The Anscombe debate is very interesting. For sure if it is common knowledge within the club scene that he is leaving Wales next season selecting him in the squad is strange even more strange to pick him Saturday. Sheedy is not the answer in my opinion - in the absence of a fully fit & firing Patchell he should give Jarrod Evans  a game. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 3:59pm
sheedy is long way ahead of anscombe imo as is jarrod
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 4:05pm

I would say none of those are international level players. Another position we are lacking a lot of depth in. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 4:07pm

I can't really agree about Sheedy as he would not be anywhere near my squad. He is one paced which is pretty slow for a 10, his kicking from hand is weak, lacks real vision & his passing is average. Now Jarrod Evans is quick, has a great eye for a gap and distributes well. In addition he puts in his tackles. Now he has been criticised for his game management & kicking but he cannot be any worse in these areas than Sheedy so his overall ability is way ahead of Sheedy - but thats my opinion not Pivacs. Finally he is available for all training which apparently is so important. 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 5:21pm
Going on previous 6N 's under Pivac, the two things missing in his matchday 23 is form and match fitness If you havent any of these, your most probably in his matchday 23.

Liam, adams, halaholo, cuthbert, faletau have no real match fitness.
Tompkins, bigger, williams, beard, wainwright, foxy, anscombe have no form. If you picked on form it woyld most orobably be
15 mcnichol
14 LRZ- Forget his one missed tackle
13 watkins
12 scott
11 adams
10 evans
9 no real inform 9 in wales atm
1 wyn
2 ryan
3 francis
4 seb
5 rowlands
6 basham
7 morgan
8 morriaty

16 lake
17 nicky s
18 brown although samson in returning to form
19 beard
20 reffel
21 dont know
22 lloyd
23 foxy
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 5:40pm
BBC rugby reckons Hardy to be on the bench against England.
Does that mean Cawdor or Tommas is injured or one of them out of favour?
Hardy didn't  look international material on Saturday.
Keep the faith
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

BBC rugby reckons Hardy to be on the bench against England.
Does that mean Cawdor or Tommas is injured or one of them out of favour?
Hardy didn't  look international material on Saturday.

A scrum half needs to be constantly aware of where the ball is and where it can go..Hardy simply hasn't got that awareness,and it shows in every game.
Openside75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 5:59pm
I really hope they're looking after Zammit. Apparently the family are going through a recent bereavement. Cut throat business at times but he's a young lad and I think to drop him out of the match day squad based on one missed tackle is very bad management. Meanwhile Falatau, wrong side of 30, gets straight back in the mix. Bloody joke. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Openside75 Openside75 wrote:

I really hope they're looking after Zammit. Apparently the family are going through a recent bereavement. Cut throat business at times but he's a young lad and I think to drop him out of the match day squad based on one missed tackle is very bad management. Meanwhile Falatau, wrong side of 30, gets straight back in the mix. Bloody joke. 
could be worse he could have dropped biggar and recalled parkes.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Openside75 Openside75 wrote:

could be worse he could have dropped biggar and recalled parkes.
60 cap rule is there for a purpose Wink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2022 at 8:34pm

Bookies giving the saes a 13 point start, very tempted with that
No idea how they come to that gap? This is an england in transition off the back of 4 six nations defeats in their last 7 games. 

They’re a different team with Smith playing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic