Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for England? everyone fit so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 10:11am
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

That was evidently not Elias' fault. He was rightly expecting the jumper to be in the air but Beard was taken out without the ball. Elias didn't have a great game but that particular incident wasn't his fault. The try should have been disallowed but it was cute play by England.

Obviously completely enraging that Itoje got away with it. But having listened to Dylan Hartley’s points on the BBC SixNations special earlier, it seemed like a deliberate ploy by England throughout the game. 

Possibly knowing that AWJ wasn’t there, combined with an inexperienced ref, they knew they could take their chances closing the gap at the lineout. So much so it wasn’t even that clear cut that Itoje nudged Beard because the two lines were centimetres from each other.

Hate to see it but canny play.  I was at the game and had no idea what had happened 
Did the Wales players point it out to the ref? If they did, why didn’t the ref just ask the TMO to conduct a quick background check; and if they didn’t, why not? As much as Biggar has played well, this is one of the reasons why I always think a forward should be captain. If a forward steps forward with a complaint about the lineout / scrum to the ref I always think that the ref will take them more seriously than if a back comes running in from 20 metres out. 

Mate had a ref mic, we did ask about the lineout and it was apparently  reviewed and macniece reckoned nothing happened in the lineout🙄🙄🙄.

Adamson is just plain incompetent but MacNeice, I think, has a real issue with Wales and Welsh teams (see Scarlets v Ulster) and is just biased. Neither should be involved at international level, ever.
What's going on?
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 11:44am
How on earth didnt anyone notice the fact the english were offside at practically every lineout and why the heck didnt our forwards or biggar complain to the ref about it more? There was no gap at all
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 12:01pm
I honestly think that Beard must take some of the flack for the lineouts, assuming he's still the lineout captain, he calls the lineouts, and he is responsible for that area, to be fair Hartley on national BBC 2 said that the Welsh lineout should have really slowed everything down, I would think that Ken & AWJ, would have done something, and made a right pain of themselves.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 1:47pm
WRT to the Dombrandt 'try':

AWJ would certainly have made a big fuss and insisted on a good TMO look - I don't think the complaints were vehement enough, maybe because there wasn't sufficient communication between Beard and his captain Biggar, who should have let the argument...

Having said that, it seems that the TMO - MacNeice - did 'look' at it... but he clearly didn't look very carefully, did he? Pure incompetence.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 1:51pm
Liam has take a lot of stick on here, but I'll give an alternative POV - he caught all those high balls, and otherwise put in a big effort, it seemed to me.

So he had a YC? So what? It probably saved a try - England only scored 3 points when he was off the field. And the argument that Wales might pay with tired legs didn't work out either - we were on top in the last 20, the English were bricking themselves after the last try...

I well understand that people feel fed up tha he's leaving after hardly playing for us, but you can't legislate for injuries... that's no reason to fail to judge the player on the game he actually played.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 1:57pm
As for the rest - I was surprised Cuthbert came in for the previous game, but happy for him to be retained - he did well - and he justified that selection. Tompkins, too, did very well - so let's praise the coaches for seeing things we didn't spot. The half-backs were fairly quiet apart from that one flat pass by Tomos... Hardy took his try well.

Scrums were fine until the subs came on - looked as if Brown was the one in most trouble. Lineouts allowed to be disrupted by poor reffing and lack of sufficient protests.

Most seriously - I didn't see the Francis grogginess, but apparently he should have been forced off - but still passed a HIA. This sort of thing needs to be tightened up and the regs clarified, if they are in any way vague on this matter.

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 1:59pm
[QUOTE=roy munster]How on earth didnt anyone notice the fact the english were offside at practically every lineout and why the heck didnt our forwards or biggar complain to the ref about it more? There was no gap at all[/QUOTE

How on earth didn't the officials notice the fact that Smith was constantly throwing forward passes.  I was shouting at the telly but they still ignored it. Wink
Keep the faith
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 2:00pm
Looking back it was obvious that Eddie Jones had studied the officials and our strenghths and had planned acordingly; he knew our scrum withWyn/Francis was strong so that's why we had all that strange behaviour from Sinckler. Pre game Jones had said that Wyn would be a threat.
He knew our lineout was vulnerable and that Elias could be rattled so planned to close the gap.

Of course this was all only possible with a weak reff. 

The above coments re Biggar/AlunWyn I hadn't thought of, but does actualy make sense. Also if I was English, I'd be furious that an international coach could be so negative. With such a huge stock of players to choose from surely Eddie Jones should be concentrating on honing their skills rather than desperate  meddling with the rules.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

[QUOTE=roy munster]How on earth didnt anyone notice the fact the english were offside at practically every lineout and why the heck didnt our forwards or biggar complain to the ref about it more? There was no gap at all[/QUOTE

How on earth didn't the officials notice the fact that Smith was constantly throwing forward passes.  I was shouting at the telly but they still ignored it. Wink
Beard is vice captain should be all over it unfortunately he is not worth his place let alone to be vice captain. Has been a weak link for us this season. Rowlands has been much better Beard offers little apart from lineout would start Seb in next game. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 2:58pm
Seb davies and leon brown are much better in loose than beard and francis but are they good enough in the tight?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Seb davies and leon brown are much better in loose than beard and francis but are they good enough in the tight?

Start them and find out. Beard & Francis bench if things go pear shaped. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

Looking back it was obvious that Eddie Jones had studied the officials and our strenghths and had planned acordingly; he knew our scrum withWyn/Francis was strong so that's why we had all that strange behaviour from Sinckler. Pre game Jones had said that Wyn would be a threat.
He knew our lineout was vulnerable and that Elias could be rattled so planned to close the gap.

The above coments re Biggar/AlunWyn I hadn't thought of, but does actualy make sense. Also if I was English, I'd be furious that an international coach could be so negative. With such a huge stock of players to choose from surely Eddie Jones should be concentrating on honing their skills rather than desperate  meddling with the rules.

There is a general dearth of good midfield players in this 6 nations. Without the direct running of Tuilagi England are pretty aimless. They now have a pair of exciting young half backs but nothing to support them in midfield. Wales are not much better, neither are Scotland. Ireland & France are different. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Start them and find out. Beard & Francis bench if things go pear shaped. 
that’s the only way well know
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 5:07pm

Make no mistake Eddie hones knew that game was a must win. It was huge for him.

If they’d lost they’d likely been facing a tournament with one win vs Italy and a consecutive 5th place finish.

That would not have gone down well - and they may still finish 5th. But like the Scotland game at home for Pivac, this win for Eddie Jones was just as important. Got to secure the home games when Ireland and France are in the form they’re in.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Make no mistake Eddie hones knew that game was a must win. It was huge for him.

If they’d lost they’d likely been facing a tournament with one win vs Italy and a consecutive 5th place finish.

That would not have gone down well - and they may still finish 5th. But like the Scotland game at home for Pivac, this win for Eddie Jones was just as important. Got to secure the home games when Ireland and France are in the form they’re in.
Of course your right but damn it I'd want him to coach some tactics not concentrate on skullduggery! It shows how worried he was of losing and just how much of a buffoon he thought the reff was!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2022 at 7:30pm
Eddie knows nothing else unfortunately.  It’s the way that he always sets England up to play, and that despite the abundance of riches at his disposal.
It’s sad, because when you have a 9-12 axis of Randell, Smith and Slade you have 3 players on top of their game and who would put the frighteners on any other 9-12 axis in world rugby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic