Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Run-in (turned scrum-half assessment)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Nice to have a bit of momentum. Two bonus point wins against a terrible Dragons team isn’t out of the question. I don’t think we’ll beat the Ospreys.

If you watched the Dragons last night you would not have called them terrible.  They have been aggressive in defence all season and their pack has a top Welsh international 2nd row and the back row as good as any of the Regions.
They have been close in many of their games but LIKE US have had a number of thumpings this season.  They are a  tight knit group and won't have any fear coming to the Parc to test our very leaky defence.

The knives be out just as quick as the praises if the Dragons beat us. 
"Knives be out" is probably an exaggeration but yeah, we're a fickle bunch alright. For me, it's only knives out if we capitulate. Like Cardiff did at the end yesterday.

The Dragons have a knack of catching us out, and we have a habit of under-estimating them. If we bring our A game we should have way too much for them.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 9:40pm
Having the Dragons at home first is helpful. If we can put in a solid performance and secure a win ( as we did v Cardiff at PyS) it can provoke the Dragons management to make notable changes to the team for the return fixture, as Dai Young did.

We look like we will miss Jonny Mac and Wyn for the run in, which is a shame as they are both starters, but we've seen plenty of the squad this season, plus Sanjay will be a sure fit for the 15 shirt, and Rob Evs can come in to the 23.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 9:48pm
Do we know when Blade and Lezana tested positive and are either likely back in training early this week?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Having the Dragons at home first is helpful. If we can put in a solid performance and secure a win ( as we did v Cardiff at PyS) it can provoke the Dragons management to make notable changes to the team for the return fixture, as Dai Young did.

We look like we will miss Jonny Mac and Wyn for the run in, which is a shame as they are both starters, but we've seen plenty of the squad this season, plus Sanjay will be a sure fit for the 15 shirt, and Rob Evs can come in to the 23.
Sanjay, Tom, Conbeer, Baldwin, Joe, Steff. 
We have a rather pleasing line of backup for JMac right now. 
Steff, Kemsley - is Rob fit? at LH.

We've got the ingredients to beat the Drags as long as we get the best out of them.

The Os are an interesting challenge. We'd have to think we'll be in a better place than them, they have no games until they play us, do they?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2022 at 10:29pm

Let’s hope his discipline will have improved then. A bit like Liam if he’s playing well there’s few players you’d rather have in the team, yet when he’s playing badly you want to tear your hair out in disgust at some of the stupid stuff he does. Hopefully his comeback will be similar to how Liam played yesterday (going by the comments on here as I only managed to catch the highlights of the tries). 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

The Os are an interesting challenge. We'd have to think we'll be in a better place than them, they have no games until they play us, do they?
They play Cardiff away before us 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 11:17am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Oh yeah!
My son and his mates are going to that, so I should have remembered!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 11:36am
We should hammer the dragons twice tbh. Ospreys a tougher ask but they are dreadful in attack, hopefully north fit for us he is a handful. But i fancy us to edge them out on current form, a fully loaded stormers look a bit much for us but you never know!
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 11:55am

Oh yeah!

I hope you've kicked him out and disinherited him. There's only so much that you can forgive and put down as being down to impetuous youth.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

I know I'm being overly optimistic here but looking at the last few rounds of fixtures and finishing as high as 4th is still plausible.
Obviously there are a lot of fixtures and just one going the wrong way would put all this to bed but I can only see one problem game (Glasgow beating Bulls in SA) so I'm quietly hoping for this sequence of results.

SCARLETS 32pts (55pts) - 4th
(A) Cardiff - 5pts
(H) Dragons - 5pts
(A) Dragons - 5pts
(A) Ospreys - 4pts
(H) Stormers - 4pts

EDINBURGH 44pts (54pts) - 5th
(H) Zebre - 5pts
(H) Ulster - 1pt
(H) Glasgow - 4pts

BULLS 42pts (54pts) - 6th
(A) Stormers - 1pt
(H) Benneton - 5pts
(H) Glasgow - 1pt
(A) Ospreys - 5pts

MUNSTER 47pts (53pts) - 7th
(A) Ulster - 1pt
(H) Cardiff - 5pts
(A) Leinster - 0pts

STORMERS 43pts (53pts) - 8th
(H) Bulls - 4pts
(H) Glasgow - 4pts
(H) Leinster - 1pt
(A) Scarlets - 1pt

SHARKS 41pts (52pts) - 9th
(H) Lions - 5pts
(H) Leinster - 0pts
(H) Connacht - 5pts
(A) Ulster - 1pt

I did some similar work yesterday and 4th is possible as long as results go the way they could/should. 8th would give us Leinster away, 4th could be Edinburgh home. Big difference,
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Do we know when Blade and Lezana tested positive and are either likely back in training early this week?
Ah I see, didnt realise it was a Covid thing, thought it was just rotation.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 1:04pm

No derby slip ups now and our destiny should be in our own hands for a playoff place come the Stormers game.

Run-In2022

Fingers crossed Sharks dont get those 2 one pointers (which I think they will do well to get tbh)
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Ah I see, didnt realise it was a Covid thing, thought it was just rotation.
Think Morgan Jones has the lurgi too!
Joshua24:15
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Let’s hope his discipline will have improved then. A bit like Liam if he’s playing well there’s few players you’d rather have in the team, yet when he’s playing badly you want to tear your hair out in disgust at some of the stupid stuff he does. Hopefully his comeback will be similar to how Liam played yesterday (going by the comments on here as I only managed to catch the highlights of the tries). 

On the URC website it shows Sione as our most penalised player with 14 penalties.  Given he's been ever present and a back row player, who tend to get pinged more, that's no surprise.  Next on 13 is Rob Evs.  Unbelievable given the amount of game time he's had.  Our other props average 8/9.

Discipline was excellent on Saturday, one stat on screen in the second half showed the penalty count at 13-5 to Cardiff.  We need to keep it that way given that Sam Davies can kick from anywhere.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Nice to have a bit of momentum. Two bonus point wins against a terrible Dragons team isn’t out of the question. I don’t think we’ll beat the Ospreys.

If you watched the Dragons last night you would not have called them terrible.  They have been aggressive in defence all season and their pack has a top Welsh international 2nd row and the back row as good as any of the Regions.
They have been close in many of their games but LIKE US have had a number of thumpings this season.  They are a  tight knit group and won't have any fear coming to the Parc to test our very leaky defence.

The knives be out just as quick as the praises if the Dragons beat us. 
"Knives be out" is probably an exaggeration but yeah, we're a fickle bunch alright. For me, it's only knives out if we capitulate. Like Cardiff did at the end yesterday.

The Dragons have a knack of catching us out, and we have a habit of under-estimating them. If we bring our A game we should have way too much for them.
the dragons have one league game all season lets be honest they are rubbish. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Oh yeah!

I hope you've kicked him out and disinherited him. There's only so much that you can forgive and put down as being down to impetuous youth.
He's a Cardiff boy now, CCFC ST holder. They're going because one of there Gand is an Os supporter, hopefully to rip the pish out of him!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic