Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Run-in (turned scrum-half assessment)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

When the Scarlets received an apology from the URC officials , stating that 21 points should not have stood.... Little wonder there was a collapse .

What good is an apology though, same after the Andy Brace show in Edinburgh,another apology ....Eight match points lost ...Simply cost up top eight, no excuse whatsoever for these errors by officials ... Including TMO ,four pairs of eyes, numerous replays and camera angles .
100% agree Mark. Ive said it so many times, people underestimate the impact decisions have on a game and how heads drop after a run of dubious ones. Yes a good side should still overcome that but we dont have the mental strength at the moment. 
all sides have bad decisions go against them, we are too mentally fragile it is a mindset that needs toughen up if we are to kick on
Hold on, there was no mental collapse, no mental fragility in our loss to the Dragons.  As pointed out above, the ref simply gave 21 points to the Dragons that should not have been given.  If anything, its the ref that was fragile, not us. Had those 21 points not been given then we would have won.  I won't even mention the yellow cards that were not given against the Dragons.

So no, I disagree that our heads dropped in that game. We scored a few good tries but it's very difficult for any team to win when the other side have a 21 points head start,
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

When the Scarlets received an apology from the URC officials , stating that 21 points should not have stood.... Little wonder there was a collapse .

What good is an apology though, same after the Andy Brace show in Edinburgh,another apology ....Eight match points lost ...Simply cost up top eight, no excuse whatsoever for these errors by officials ... Including TMO ,four pairs of eyes, numerous replays and camera angles .
100% agree Mark. Ive said it so many times, people underestimate the impact decisions have on a game and how heads drop after a run of dubious ones. Yes a good side should still overcome that but we dont have the mental strength at the moment. 
all sides have bad decisions go against them, we are too mentally fragile it is a mindset that needs toughen up if we are to kick on

Spot on. I don’t think the whole world is out against us. There’s plenty of incidents week in week out where decisions have gone against teams. 
That wasnt the point made, yes every team has decisions go against them, we dont handle them as well as we should. That said, how many teams have an official apology on file? Thats pretty damning 
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hopefully Blade will be able to play ? All the other injured in the main 23 are going to be still absent aren’t they? I hope Liam will be available as we need all hands on deck. 🙏
Sorry Dai, I’ll be happier not to see Liam in Scarlet again. Dwayne’s answer and face when asked about Liam after the Ospreys game said it all for me.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hopefully Blade will be able to play ? All the other injured in the main 23 are going to be still absent aren’t they? I hope Liam will be available as we need all hands on deck. 🙏
Sorry Dai, I’ll be happier not to see Liam in Scarlet again. Dwayne’s answer and face when asked about Liam after the Ospreys game said it all for me.

Yes Wasp it is pretty clear there is no love lost between Liam & Dwayne for whatever reason, which until they write their memoirs we will never understand. If I was Dwayne I would be selecting my team for the final game with the intent on sending a message to his young tyros that he believed in them and that whilst they are not the finished articles yet he has faith in them to deliver in the future.

Dwayne will know his squad now and he will have assessed the ceilings of his players. My team, based on this philosophy would be :-

15. Rogers 14. Baldwin 13. Roberts 12. Johnny Wills 11. Conbeer 10. Patchell 9. Cawdor
1. Steff 2. Ryan (C)3. Javan 4. Sam 5. Jac 6. Blade 7. Josh 8. Sione

16. Daf/Shaun 17. Wyn/Kemsley 18. Harri O'Connor 19. Morgan Jones 20. Carwyn/Aaron 21. Blacker 22. Sam 23. Foxy.

Qualifying for the Champions Cup is for me not the priority. I understand there will be groans about certain selections - no Liam, Rhys starting, no Lezana etc but i honestly believe that, whilst Sam Costelow is a fantastic prospect he is still short of the controller needed to guide this team which is very short on confidence. Rhys' tactical kicking game & length of kicking edge it for me. 

As for Liam enough has been said. Lezana always motors around the field but he misses important tackles and is not a turnover man hence my selections. 

Finally for many of our squad this will be their final game as Scarlets players - always a sad time for supporters so I would encourage anyone who can to attend & give our thanks & best wishes to those leaving. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic