FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 teams not 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 teams not 4
    Posted: 16 May 2022 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i had the e mail last week about a ST renewal i e mailed them back to ask if we are guaranteed to be playing as the scarlets and 8 days later i have had no reply i appreciate there are hurdles to overcome but a reply would have been nice.
I can reply for them.
We will be playing as the Scarlets next season Wink
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i had the e mail last week about a ST renewal i e mailed them back to ask if we are guaranteed to be playing as the scarlets and 8 days later i have had no reply i appreciate there are hurdles to overcome but a reply would have been nice.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there's been no suggestion that any changes could be made for the 22/23 season have there? Thought the reviews are taking place now with decisions to be made with regards to the 23/24 season onwards?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:49pm
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

It is a non-starter. We need to stick to the identities we have spent years and millions on building.

But we should be exploring opportunities for extra revenue at the same time as trying to make the PRB work.

I don't think it's a bad idea to look at some form of development competition to be played in the test windows, if we end up able to field a team of course.

tv / stadium name sales/tickets/merchandise/extra events, more concerts, the scarlets v all blacks is it happening? 
do scarlets do their own catering? that could be lucrative
Cawl at half time in the depths of winter would be a winner 
Sending people down the aisles with snacks/ beers outside of half time might be useful.
They've tried concerts. Pussy Cat Dolls got killed by covid and Paloma Faith was cancelled presumably down to sales?
The All Blacks seems to have slipped away too, it seems
Why slipped away? Just because its not talked about ever day doesnt mean its not happening.
I would think if it was happening the club would have been keen to get it finalised and announced ready for when ST’s went up for renewal. Hope it’s still going to go ahead, but I have my doubts.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

It is a non-starter. We need to stick to the identities we have spent years and millions on building.

But we should be exploring opportunities for extra revenue at the same time as trying to make the PRB work.

I don't think it's a bad idea to look at some form of development competition to be played in the test windows, if we end up able to field a team of course.

tv / stadium name sales/tickets/merchandise/extra events, more concerts, the scarlets v all blacks is it happening? 
Sending people down the aisles with snacks/ beers outside of half time might be useful.
They've tried concerts. Pussy Cat Dolls got killed by covid and Paloma Faith was cancelled presumably down to sales?
Why slipped away? Just because its not talked about ever day doesnt mean its not happening.
Hope I'm wrong. Been a lot of chatter on social media that it isn't happening. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 5:15pm

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Wish there was an Ignore function on this website
How much would one cost?

Or just swear at the poster in a snide way. 
It was a serious question from me.

Wasn’t aimed at you. 
I didn’t think it was.

Please would you discuss this with your fellow moderators and let me know?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 2:41pm

How much would one cost?

Wasn’t aimed at you. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 6:46pm

How much would one cost?

it’s not a bad question to be honest.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:10pm

How much would one cost?

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:37pm

How much would one cost?

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:26pm

How much would one cost?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 8:37am
I have to say that over the years I haven't always agreed with everything that Kid A has said about how toxic/unfair the Dublin based powers that run our game are. My attitude to the funding issue was that we needed to up our game to attempt to match the Irish. There is still an element in my thinking that, with the correct people running our game in Wales, we could indeed generate more income however the funding gap is increasing despite so called caps in France.

If the people charged with running the URC & the European tournaments truly want to improve the product then they have to understand that leaving things the way they are will only see the demise of both tournaments. When English teams with massive following like Leicester Tigers cannot compete at elite level it is time for change to make the competitions truly that - competition & not an annual tango featuring the usual suspects.

A cursory glance at the semi final line up this weekend tells you everything you need to know about the main reason behind the 4 teams reaching this stage. Is it fair competition - of course not. Tournament organisers need to ask themselves if they would be happy if Musk decided he suddenly loved the game of rugby & cancelled his purchase of Twitter but instead bought out Mr Buttress & the WRU from the Dragons. Within two years even Dean Ryan could probably make a team full of A list players from all over the World into a force not only in the URC but Europe - is that really what this is all about???

If the organisers of both tournaments really wanted to get thriving, level playing field competitions the tools are there for them to use. Salary caps, home grown/academy limits per squad, limits on overseas players involved. I am not advocating trying to change the domestic tournament rules in France but that should have no bearing on the rules for Europe for instance. In fairness to the English clubs they have, with a hefty nudge from Covid, grasped the nettle and taken decisions to safeguard the integrity of their competition. Anyone of my fellow posters who watches the Premiership during this season will surely rave about the quality on offer, the competitiveness of most games and the evidence of emerging young talent throughout the squads. 

Organisers of the URC & European competitions should look, learn and act. How many of them would bet their houses on picking the winner of this season's Premiership???? Ask the same question about who wins the URC - different answer. Ask the same questions for next season's tournaments answer English Premiership any one of 5/6 teams roughly 50% of those involved; URC one from 16 - 6%, Champions Cup 3 from 24 - 12.5% : enough said. 
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:42pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:12pm

I don't see how we are able to do that. We are stuck in an awful "league" run by Unions from Dublin who see fit to keep the pro domestic game stuck at the level they want it, to best compliment the test game.

We need to be in a league where the teams in it control their broadcast revenues, fixture times, ability to make decisions and has a sensible salary cap. That way we can spend half as what the Euro giants do on player wages yet still enjoy 22 competitive fixtures a season. Until that happens we are in a permanent state of flux, toxic relationships with the union, funding woes, bleak revenue challenges and heavy defeats.

Is it the Irish connection?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 6:33pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic