Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 teams not 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 teams not 4
    Posted: 21 April 2022 at 8:55pm
Seems to be some talk about this again. WRU allegedly see it as a way of mitigating the ongoing criticism about underfunded, uncompetitive regions.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 8:56pm
If a region is to be culled merge the two weakest blues and dragons
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That’s a bit one eyed and not really true, don’t Cardiff have the best crowds?. I think eventually we’ll end up with two - east and west. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

That’s a bit one eyed and not really true, don’t Cardiff have the best crowds?. I think eventually we’ll end up with two - east and west. 
It's unthinkable not to have a team based in Cardiff.
It should probably be the Drags that goes based on past performance.

But I think it's a scrap between us and the Ospreys, due to geography, economy and population density.

We have our own stadium of course, which helps
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 9:45pm
Would be a joke if the Dragons are the ones kept tbh. Only Welsh side to have never won a thing.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 9:56pm

cardiff don’t own ground and prodouce less players for wales than us and ospreys and are lower in the table? As are the dragons   Those 2 are the weakest regions, that is a fact They can be east wales and like it

Edited by RR1972 - 21 April 2022 at 9:57pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

But I think it's a scrap between us and the Ospreys, due to geography, economy and population density.

The Scarlets are in the strongest position of the 4. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

The Scarlets are in the strongest position of the 4. 
That's always nice to hear. 
Yes, we do have our own stadium and a reasonable balance sheet. I just don't know on what criteria any decision would be made, if one ever is.
Apart from the Dragons, any one of the other three would have to be persuaded to give up I think. 

Is there any substance to this Steff?

Edited by Wasp - 21 April 2022 at 11:22pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:22pm

That’s the irony. How many go and watch Llanelli? I bet hardly anyone on here yet there’s uproar. The other premiership teams are better supported. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:24pm
This is about the regions, not the cull of the Prem teams, SA
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:25pm

Ah right. So where’s this appeared today? Only the premiership I’ve seen. Don’t say it’s the walesonline. 😂
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:42pm
Having two pro teams has never helped Scotland conquer the international stage - why would 3 help team Wales?

Welsh rugby has plenty of resources from a talent perspective it’s only short on cash resources. 

Currently Wales exports pro-rugby players to England, going down to 3 pro teams would only mean more pro-rugby players playing in England. There are enough quality Welsh qualified players to support 4 welsh teams they just don’t have the money to keep them in Wales 

Find the money, or a way to pay more competitive wages and it’ll be okay - going down to 3 is short term thinking IMO
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:43pm
Once the hotel is done and the roof walk set up I’m sure Antoine DuPont will be playing down Rodney parade soon after 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Openside75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Openside75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 12:32am
WRU need to try and keep youngsters playing here in Wales. Far too many (rightly from the players perspective) end up in the English system. Imagine what 9 million quid could have done in doing just that. Bloody hell even start up a national rugby college. Neh let's build a hotel instead. And then in 20 years time or if a profit is ever made they can plough the money back into the sport. What a body nonsense. 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 11:14am
I agree that not having pro rugby in the capital would be unthinkable. I also think we're in a pretty strong position. Ospreys possibly in the weakest position, given they don't own their stadium, and are very close geographically to Llanelli?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 11:18am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Ah right. So where’s this appeared today? Only the premiership I’ve seen. Don’t say it’s the walesonline. 😂
Rumours from Cardiff types 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic