Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye Macron, hello Castore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 6:35pm
I’m sorry but looks like a cheap old style football shirt made from recycled polyester says it all. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 6:37pm
Foxy looks like he lost a load of bulk in that picture. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 6:40pm
Doesn't really break the recent years' template, but steers clear of committing any real crimes. I think the collar is an improvement, though I don't know how I feel about a totally round collar, I think I would have preferred a simple V like the USA shirt (but not the Samoa or Manu Samoa shirts), though I kind of like the simplicity and the complement. I guess I'm conflicted.
Looks better in the touched-up photos than in the video, which shows the fabric close-up.

Surely they've given Jon a size too big for the photo shoot? His muscles should be busting out of that 💪🏻. The announcement says the shirt is "designed to hug and fit to the contours of the player’s body".
Time will tell whether those stitches hold up - there's a bit of panelling going on.

--

Tempting to say "they haven't managed to attract any significant new shirt sponsors", apart from the ladies shirt - but who knows how long the previous deals lasted?
The combo of fossil fuels and monarchic feathers are off-putting for me, personally, much as I appreciate the sponsor's input.

Of interest - Owens Group, a very local company facing a crisis last year, is now the lead sponsor for one of Swansea City's away shirts, looking lush in gold... much bigger exposure for the company. Owens is still in the same spot on our shirt, though.

I'm not seeing ZipWorld, which is becoming increasingly high-profile, on there. Previously on the back and was the team's pre-season partner last year. I hope they're still supporting the side in other ways.

--

As someone has previously said, none of the promos in the website's above-the-fold carousel are clickable. Not that Castore has yet got the ecommerce site up-and-running anyway. Strange, 24-hour gap?

Edited by pillory - 15 August 2022 at 7:29pm
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 6:44pm
I’m afraid I want a proper collar.  The macron one has a collar. And in cotton.  Otherwise I’ll hold on to macron 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Foxy looks like he lost a load of bulk in that picture. 

Ken doing a fair job holding the old bola mewn.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 15 August 2022 at 7:00pm
philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 7:19pm
Remember you cant always please everyone!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 7:43pm
"To celebrate 150 years since Llanelli RFC was established, Castore have been working closely with Scarlets to deliver a special anniversary edition jersey that will be worn during the 2022-23 URC and European season".

After reading that,quoted at the start of the thread,got to say a bit of a let-down seeing the new kit on Ken the gut and Gatsby the glove puppet.Still,at least it's scarlet.

pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

"To celebrate 150 years since Llanelli RFC was established, Castore have been working closely with Scarlets to deliver a special anniversary edition jersey that will be worn during the 2022-23 URC and European season".

After reading that,quoted at the start of the thread,got to say a bit of a let-down seeing the new kit on Ken the gut and Gatsby the glove puppet.Still,at least it's scarlet.

Good point. You have to assume that will be one of two other kits.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 8:02pm

Not just me noticing that with Ken. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Not just me noticing that with Ken. 

Saw him on a podcast or something the other day,and noticed he was wearing a woollen jumper.....strange garb for the height of  summer.Obviously he's not sneaking ingots out of Trostre ,but methinks he got something to hide.
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 11:09pm
I just hate those feathers...
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 11:31pm
'Ello 'ello - https://twitter.com/ronswanson145/status/1559270771524091904?s=21

(Dark blue was last our main colour 141 years ago. It was used for about five years.
Scarlet has been our colour for 93%+ of the combined history.
Gold addition is obvious.
But, if this shot is accurate, I'm so intrigued why you wouldn't lead the commemorative jersey with our primary colour, scarlet, with the "special" gold trim and badge. You could maybe use a flash of blue, not red, as a nod to the start but, to me, the opportunity was to make scarlet special with the addition of gold.
I think that would have been a unique seller, and would have been an opportunity to remind about the anniversary constantly during all occasions wearing the home jersey).

Edited by pillory - 15 August 2022 at 11:56pm
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2022 at 2:30am
I’m hoping that this shirt is a purposeful tactic by Castore and Scarlets to use a simple design for the home and have a belter for the 150th commemorative jersey.

The blue & gold away looks nice, just feel the red upsets the balance especially under the oil4wales logo.

Will be waiting to see all 3 before making a decision.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2022 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

So prominent aren’t they but this is a main loyal sponsor so we have to accept it even though it is now more firmly associated with English control over Wales historically speaking. Pity that the company hasn’t modernised its image away from the infamous feathers to a less controversial Welsh style design such as a Dragon or similar.. but it is their business and of course, many see nothing wrong with the feathers.It is off putting though if only for the size of the logo ! 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2022 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

Same.
Can't wear them, I'm afraid.
It will be the training/ leisure gear for me.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2022 at 9:15am
£60. Not exactly pennies but that’s not bad in todays market of replica jerseys. Cheaper than last years Macron crap if I’m not mistaken. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic