Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye Macron, hello Castore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Technically its Llanelli RFC that is 150 years old

100% agree with you! The scarlets are 19 years old.

Imagine still arguing over this in 2022. The Scarlets team we watch today is the same team that beat New Zealand in 1972. It's not even subjective.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Sponsored Links

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

The described artistic interpretation is a bit lost on me. I guess that I can see the corrugated sheets, now it’s been explained but the roundabout?  Nope, that’s a one way dead end to me 😂  Could not more have been made of the unique Sosban feature/history  in the weave? 🤔 Having said that the club is constrained by colour and Sponsors including the controversial Prince of Wales feathers and the grid lines are growing on me. The price is good as well. We just need to get on with it.

Why are the feathers controversial?
Because it’s the emblem of the Prince of Wales ( ie  English royalty ) which is regularly criticised on social media by opponents of the Royal Family and also those favouring greater devolution and Welsh independence. It’s not a good logo but we are stuck with it and just have to be grateful for the generous sponsorship. Also as an aside and regardless of the politics,I feel that the feathers are just too dominant and overbearing as a design certainly in the home shirt. It looks lot better in the multi coloured away shirt as a design- just my opinion of course 🤔

Well it’s been round since the 1600s why only now the increase in the fuss over it?

Probably because Wales, and its people, are finally discovering some confidence...
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

The described artistic interpretation is a bit lost on me. I guess that I can see the corrugated sheets, now it’s been explained but the roundabout?  Nope, that’s a one way dead end to me 😂  Could not more have been made of the unique Sosban feature/history  in the weave? 🤔 Having said that the club is constrained by colour and Sponsors including the controversial Prince of Wales feathers and the grid lines are growing on me. The price is good as well. We just need to get on with it.

Because it’s the emblem of the Prince of Wales ( ie  English royalty ) which is regularly criticised on social media by opponents of the Royal Family and also those favouring greater devolution and Welsh independence. It’s not a good logo but we are stuck with it and just have to be grateful for the generous sponsorship. Also as an aside and regardless of the politics,I feel that the feathers are just too dominant and overbearing as a design certainly in the home shirt. It looks lot better in the multi coloured away shirt as a design- just my opinion of course 🤔

Well it’s been round since the 1600s why only now the increase in the fuss over it?

Probably because Wales, and its people, are finally discovering some confidence...
Well said Tom. 
I can't wear a logo dedicated to an English Prince, that normally goes with a German motto meaning "I serve"
Deference to the upper classes is the reason why the UK, and Wales is in a long state of decline Dead
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

400 years? Social media and the woke generation more like. 
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

wheres the away shirt?

Same here, not on the website. No leisure range yet either by the looks.
Read the thread. People have said and posted links 

Thanks for the reply, that's really helpful................NOT!!!!!!! Don't you think I already have?.........Muppet!!!!
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Away Jersey, for those who haven't seen:

Blimey, I'm really not sure about it to be honest ShockedShockedShocked It's too busy with too many colour combinations if I'm being honest ShockedShockedShocked

Scarlets!!!
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 7:32pm
Can’t please everyone of course.  Hoping that the shirt will be produced with a collar in the not too distant future.  Very old fashioned perhaps but I like a collar.  Can’t remember if my macron collared shirt was leisure wear or not 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 5:55pm
I can understand not having a collar at pro level as it’s just something else to get grabbed.

Actually thinking about it what is the point in a collar at all.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

I can understand not having a collar at pro level as it’s just something else to get grabbed.

Ah the old days when players wore ties in a game 😂
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 6:16pm

Because I like one and won’t buy a shirt without one.  Simple as.  
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 10:21pm

Linesmen need to wear Blazers again always looked smart 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Linesmen need to wear Blazers again always looked smart 

😂 It’s certainly an age divide issue as young people will love the shirts especially the colourful away one because they are collarless and similar to a football shirt style.My 16 year old grand loved them.  Personally I do like traditional collars but my sole problem is that as leisure wear, I just don’t like  the polyester feel of modern shirts and of course , because I am an old foggy!😂 I shall buy other leisure wear though in the shop that is of a different material to the player kit. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Because I like one and won’t buy a shirt without one.  Simple as.  

Polo shirt for you then. 
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 4:10pm
I’ll wear the macron shirt until they bring a leisure shirt out with a collar.  Or do you have inside information 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

I’ll wear the macron shirt until they bring a leisure shirt out with a collar.  Or do you have inside information 

Has the macron one got a collar then?
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 5:29pm
I have a macron shirt with collar.  Sadly not cotton like some other teams but with collar 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic