Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On the bright side

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:14am
Kieran Crowley, Aaron Mauger,John Kirwan.
Sponsored Links

Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:15am
I really don’t see an issue with our future being bright, there are many things both on and off the field to be positive about. However, our defence has been ropey as all hell for a while now and shows no signs of improvement. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:56am
There is definitely more player and coaching personal bile on this forum and even more so on social media and from so called fans. Words like .. get rid of.. ship him out.. are just the nicer comments and worse of all the poster usually sees nothing wrong with their language and disrespect about our players. Its not just the Scarlets fans . It’s endemic in Rugby. It’s life 2022 unfortunately. Very sad . I’m probably getting old! 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:00am
join the club reesytheexile! cant believe the comments some people put on social media regarding players/coaches. maybe it would be good if their bosses put on social media that they are hopeless at their jobs and should be sacked!
we are moving onwards, attack play looks really good and we have so many promising quality youngsters coming through i am seriously optimistic. Give Dwayne and his coaching staff a chance, remember some fans ripped into pivac and looked what happened there

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:01am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

There is definitely more player and coaching personal bile on this forum and even more so on social media and from so called fans. Words like .. get rid of.. ship him out.. are just the nicer comments and worse of all the poster usually sees nothing wrong with their language and disrespect about our players. Its not just the Scarlets fans . It’s endemic in Rugby. It’s life 2022 unfortunately. Very sad . I’m probably getting old! 
No one deserves abuse I agree but you also have to be able to call out people who are not performing. That has been going on for decades whether in home , work, pubs, clubs or online. 

Edited by Why - 04 May 2022 at 10:01am
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

were any of those any good?
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I don't think any were great, but some of the ex forwards who are/ have been coaches have been poor, too.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 1:37pm
If we could reduce our points against to around 20 per game we would have won most games this season , scoring tries is not the problem. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

I don't think any were great, but some of the ex forwards who are/ have been coaches have been poor, too.
i agree just thinking in the main the best coaches are ex forwards? I maybe wrong though
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 2:32pm
Clive Woodward ( I got tin hat on )
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 2:52pm
Shaun Edwards, Andy  Farrell, Mark McCall
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 6:40pm

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

i agree just thinking in the main the best coaches are ex forwards? I maybe wrong though

Not sure there's a connection, personally.  Maybe it's easier for an ex forward to be decent coach, if they aren't outstanding.  A lot of coaching is about the assistant coaches and back room staff, so I think it's really difficult to say how good most are.  There are clearly some exceptions, but how good was gatland without Edwards [and Howley]?  I'm not sure anyone can say, I know I can't. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Shaun Edwards, Andy  Farrell, Mark McCall
farrell was a forward all his rl career your not having hinWink. The other two i’ll give you
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

No one deserves abuse I agree but you also have to be able to call out people who are not performing. That has been going on for decades whether in home , work, pubs, clubs or online. 
Problem with 'calling people out' is that those doing the calling out don't always know what their talking about. 

Wil's post made me stop and think and it made me realise that I've also felt a bit like that for a while.  I noticed it first after the Bristol game where there seemed to be very little empathy for our players or coaches even though they had gone through quite a gruelling time in SA and with a squad depleated of many of our top players. 

Calling people out whilst discussing with mates over a pint is one thing; it actually doesn't matter if your opinion is a load of ball hooks and there's very little harm done.  But I would caution people from being too vigorous with their criticism on any social media as it can have a negative effect on people.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 05 May 2022 at 8:03pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Problem with 'calling people out' is that those doing the calling out don't always know what their talking about. 

Wil's post made me stop and think and it made me realise that I've also felt a bit like that for a while.  I noticed it first after the Bristol game where there seemed to be very little empathy for our players or coaches even though they had gone through quite a gruelling time in SA and with a squad depleated of many of our top players. 

Calling people out whilst discussing with mates over a pint is one thing; it actually doesn't matter if your opinion is a load of ball hooks and there's very little harm done.  But I would caution people from being too vigorous with their criticism on any social media as it can have a negative effect on people.
And the thing is Rob you also can get sort of  sucked in the negativity a bit yourself as part of the culture. I am working on keeping a more objective view of things going forward . It’s not a nice way to think tbh
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 10:13am
Criticism is not abuse . If people play or coach badly we must be allowed to say so, that is a key purpose of forums.  The litmus test for me is would i say what i post to some ones face and i alwAys try to apply that. Abuse swearing and threats are pathetic and is something i don’t do, but if i think some one is playing badly i”ll say so.  I have to admit to having a thick skin if people in the internet disagree with me or have a go at me i could care less, one of the benefits of not being a deep thinker i guessWink

Edited by RR1972 - 06 May 2022 at 10:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic