Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The positives of a merger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The positives of a merger
    Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:25pm
We’d have a better squad. We’d have a larger group of feeder clubs, with all the talent west of cardiff we’d be a real force in the urc and europe. Tbh i can’t think of any othersLOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:37pm
might as well close the thread as there aren't any.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:37pm
No away games at the liberty?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:42pm

No other options, four teams is not working.   Let's hope three does? Financially... And player wise. South Africa as four as does Ireland.. Yet a tiny country like Wales, thinks it deserves four. 

Edited by 157cb - 05 May 2022 at 2:42pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:46pm
I think my worry is say 3 years after the reduction to 3 sides, things don't improve, will we then be looking at having 2 sides?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 3:00pm
Wales a and wales bTongue
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 3:18pm
2 teams is only a matter of time, thats the WRUs all round plan. Team in west and one in east. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 3:51pm
Thing is,"we" wouldn't have anything:because it wouldn't be us any more.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 4:37pm
If they supporter the current set up correctly then there wouldnt be an issue, the issue is the WRU and getting rid of a region is not the answer, there will rightly be uproar and just losing more and more supporters, we cut the player pool available to wales by 50, where are the youngsters who are developing now going to go and develop to play for wales ? less clubs to pick them up

Any form of a merger with the ospreys then i as im sure many other will be done and wont step foot in the stadium to support that team , unless they just shut one region down and we signed their players it would be a no go from me, i dont agree with the shutting down of a region either

Edited by scarletsrules - 05 May 2022 at 4:38pm
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 5:11pm
There are no positives from a merger. People are complaining over social media about boycotting the Wales games. Maybe they should of supported their own regions to begin with and then we wouldn’t be so reliant on the WRU’s money. This stinks of corruption at the very top of the WRU.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

No other options, four teams is not working.   Let's hope three does? Financially... And player wise. South Africa as four as does Ireland.. Yet a tiny country like Wales, thinks it deserves four. 

And the underpinning Premiership is a mess as well. And look at Llanelli Rfc . Bottom of the league! It all looks a mess
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

If they supporter the current set up correctly then there wouldnt be an issue, the issue is the WRU and getting rid of a region is not the answer, there will rightly be uproar and just losing more and more supporters, we cut the player pool available to wales by 50, where are the youngsters who are developing now going to go and develop to play for wales ? less clubs to pick them up

Any form of a merger with the ospreys then i as im sure many other will be done and wont step foot in the stadium to support that team , unless they just shut one region down and we signed their players it would be a no go from me, i dont agree with the shutting down of a region either

So if we merged and were still called the Scarlets you wouldn’t support the team or do you mean you wouldn’t go to the other ground?

Edited by SA14 - 05 May 2022 at 6:02pm
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 6:08pm
Wouldn’t we have the same funding? We wouldn’t be able to sign any of the Os players? 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 6:22pm
The big challenge for the WRU if this happens is how do they retain fan interest. It's all well and good saying we will merge some teams, but will fans of both teams still care? If they end up as two teams, will people still feel an affinity for the team? 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

So if we merged and were still called the Scarlets you wouldn’t support the team or do you mean you wouldn’t go to the other ground?

Presumably, if Scarlets and Ospreys were to merge, there would be no ‘Scarlets.’ It would be a brand new team with a brand new name? Otherwise it would just be a Scarlets takeover?
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:17pm
Not for me do what you like the day the Scarlets merge with anyone let alone the Ospreys is when rugby dies in our great part of the world. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic