Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Myrddin Evans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Myrddin Evans
    Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:37pm
Hi all..

My dad William Myrddin Evans passed away last Monday. Quite a few forum members knew my dad through the Scarlets so I'm posting this just to inform them .
A Scarlet nut, born and bred Turk and saw and celebrated many great Scarlet moments, he created the love affair I enjoy with my home club and he was a big presence where ever he stood or yelled at Stradey.  I can still hear him yelling at Whitehouse the Senior about his decisions and he instilled in me how important it was to beat the English and the Jack's...the only two games that mattered and still for me the only two games that mattered. He saw the last time Wales beat New Zealand and was one of the army of supporters that drank the pubs dry in 72.
Huge man and part of a different generation that Stradey was their real home and a regular pilgrimage to the weekend home and away games. Loved his rugby, loved his Scarlets, loved his BASS on the pull at the Halfway pub where the corner crew talked for hours about Scarlet rugby and sadly lots of them have long gone, so wherever he is I hope the corner crew can continue their hour long chats about the greatest club side in the UK.

If anyone wishes to pay respects he will be buried with his beloved wife at St Michael's and All Angels Church, Dafen, Llanelli at 2.30pm 30th May 2022 he was 87.

Thankyou
Stephen Evans. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:02pm
My sympathies to you and the rest of the family Lofty.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:09pm
My condolences to you and all family
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:35pm
My apologies admin can you put this into chat please...thanks.

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 7:14pm
Deepest condolences to you and yourfamily
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 7:17pm
Please accept our condolences. Life sounded all the better if you were lucky enough to meet Myrddin.

Will raise a good glass of 🍷 in his honour.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 7:27pm
Sorry to hear that lofty thoughts and prayers to you and your family
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 7:27am
Sad news Lofty - condolences. Easy to see where you get your bard like qualities from.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:11am
Thankyou for all your comments appreciated 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic