Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets strongest starting 23 for 2022/23.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Fifita is class acquisition. Cardiff have got Faletau and Sanjay. I think they are ahead. We need to make some moves and i’m sure we will. Our contract renewals have been good so far, but it’s disappointing to see some big names and good club players go without imminent signings. Bring on the tnewsdays. 
Cardiff need a front five not an 8 and a 15 
They’ve signed that Oz second row, Timani
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 4:18pm

Fifita is class acquisition. Cardiff have got Faletau and Sanjay. I think they are ahead. We need to make some moves and i’m sure we will. Our contract renewals have been good so far, but it’s disappointing to see some big names and good club players go without imminent signings. Bring on the tnewsdays. 
Sanjay for Amos. 
Faletau for Boyde.
They are upgrading, but I agree a front 5 would bolster their squad considerably. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 4:30pm

Sanjay for Amos. 
Faletau for Boyde.
They are upgrading, but I agree a front 5 would bolster their squad considerably. 
They keep faith with Carre and Lewis and they will struggle 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 7:07pm

How often will they play for them? Give me a top end NWQ player who is available week in week out, and whose number one priority is the Scarlets any day of week. I wouldn't have been happy if the Scarlets signed Faletau. I think it would have been utterly pointless. He's already on record as saying he signed for Cardiff because he wanted to get looked after so he could make the World Cup. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 7:08pm

Sanjay for Amos. 
Faletau for Boyde.
But Boyde plays every game whereas Faletau will play no more than five if they are lucky. That sort of thing creates a very weak culture. Thankfully Dwayne Peel is big on culture and the club has learnt its lessons.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Sanjay for Amos. 
Faletau for Boyde.
But Boyde plays every game whereas Faletau will play no more than five if they are lucky. That sort of thing creates a very weak culture. Thankfully Dwayne Peel is big on culture and the club has learnt its lessons.
does boyde play much? Thought ratti botham and jenkins their usual back row? That ratti be a hamdy signing for us,  is fifita tonga eligible? Felatau and liam didn’t try a leg in club/regional games last season tbh. Hope we get reffel soon looks a top player

Edited by RR1972 - 31 May 2022 at 9:20pm
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sanjay for Amos. 
Faletau for Boyde.
does boyde play much? Thought ratti botham and jenkins their usual back row? That ratti be a hamdy signing for us,  is fifita tonga eligible? Felatau and liam didn’t try a leg in club/regional games last season tbh

Ellis Jenkins has dropped down the rankings at Cardiff since his injury with Navidi, Botham and Ratti usual first choice and Lewis Hughes close behind.
I supect next season their first 15 will include a back row of Navidi, Young and Faletau, which suggests that Botham, who is a very good club and versatile player may soon be looking elsewhere.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:38pm
Botham be great for us covers 6 and 7 always gives his all to unlike other cardiff boys
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 7:23am

Sanjay for Amos. 
Faletau for Boyde.

You have hit the nail well & truly on the head Steff. We do not need to be a recuperation team for Wales. Dwayne wants players who will give it their all every time they pull on the shirt, play through niggles & lead. Too many Welsh internationals do not give that sort of committment. Someone mentioned that we are up to our NWQ limit - is there still such a thing???? We have Sam, Fifita, Tomas, Sione, Sebastian & Blade at the moment.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 8:45am
It seems somewhat odd that we have to count Javan as a NWQ. 

Sure, he can’t be picked for Wales, however, he was born, bred, raised, trained etc all in the local area (apologies if partly wrong) and that shouldn’t mean he/Scarlets should be discriminated against by having that NWQ tag applied.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 9:07am

Botham be great for us covers 6 and 7 always gives his all to unlike other cardiff boys

The best I have seen him play has been at 8, but as you say he covers 6 and 7 as well, so a useful squad player.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 9:12am
If I had the pick of their back rowers it would be Ratti who could be a good job for us at 6/8 & if pushed at 5. He is still only 24/25 with good years ahead. He carries hard & won't relish playing 2nd fiddle for the big games having been named in Pivac's recent squads. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 9:45am
Wales have 4 test level 8s imo felatau (1) naividi 2 , moriarty 3 and ratti 4 . 3 of those are at the 1 region pretty daft if you ask me, i wonder how many of the blues back rowers are in this welsh 38? Of course well never know as it’s so hush hush 

Edited by RR1972 - 01 June 2022 at 9:48am
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Sure, he can’t be picked for Wales, however, he was born, bred, raised, trained etc all in the local area (apologies if partly wrong) and that shouldn’t mean he/Scarlets should be discriminated against by having that NWQ tag applied.
i don’t think  he’s been capped by scotland yet? So he must still currently be wq? If pivac had any sense he’d have took him to sa and capped him not like we got many theads is it?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 9:50am

i don’t think  he’s been capped by scotland yet? So he must still currently be wq? If pivac had any sense he’d have took him to sa and capped him not like we got many theads is it?

I think he has had a cap off the bench. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 10:07am

Came off the bench against Japan.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic