Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Conservative leader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 63>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2022 at 9:41am
What the heck was that, one of the biggest disasters of a budget (sorry I meant to say a fiscal event).
150 billion pounds to be borrowed (when interest rates are going in the wrong direct) which will fall to the tax payers of this and the next generation to pay off.  Oil and energy companies get off Scott free as well, they keep their billions in profits from the global energy crisis.
Bankers will have their bonus caps removed (already set at twice their annual salary) and if they earn more than £500k then their tax will also be reduced from 45 to 40 percent.
They want to making more difficult for people to strike or protest over the vast profits these companies make, whilst the companies demand more from staff whilst offering less than inflationary pay rises.
If the public fall for this trickle down economics and give these another term in office then we are screwed and only have ourselves to blame.
Hopefully Quazi has just signed his own p45 with this mini budget statement, and that of a lot of his colleagues, but you can never tell with the electorate which way they vote.

Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2022 at 11:59am
It’s not all bad, our players earning over 150k will receive a 2k pay increase next year!

We’ll be competing with Leinster in no time 🤥 

Edited by dyniol53 - 24 September 2022 at 12:04pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

It’s not all bad, our players earning over 150k will receive a 2k pay increase next year!

We’ll be competing with Leinster in no time 🤥 

I hadn’t thought of that, there’s always a silver liningLOL
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2022 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I thought we were only [beep]ed with Boris in charge? 😂 whoever is in charge, no matter what party the country is [beep]ed. 😂

Not remotely funnyThumbs Down
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2022 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Trying to escape the collective madness the media is forcing upon us all to celebrate tax-dodging billionaires with some pretty sordid behaviours that are above the law, looks like one of Truss's government first acts will be to get rid of the limit on bankers' bonuses. It's currently set to twice their annual salaries. 

I smell another U turn ahead...

Will anyone notice at the moment though? 

Rory stewart has given a scathing account of working with truss

Basically says shes all for the rich, shes a radical, shes deliberately crashed the economy and even suggests she has adhd and cant hold a proper conversation or pay attention to detail and nuance

Hardly what our country needs from a prime minister
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2022 at 4:54pm
To hell with them all,  this is the best news of the day
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2022 at 4:55pm
Even my mother who is 86 says , its time for us to take our responsibility of our futures
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Even my mother who is 86 says , its time for us to take our responsibility of our futures

I think the tide is turning Oracle. A few more years of Truss and we may get there. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 2:10pm
So now we hear that Kamikaze Kwarteng met with hedge fund experts and other financial institutions prior to his mini budget and was egged on to introduce his tax cuts.  This could have given them the heads up to profit on the crash of the pound.
Jake Berry (Tory party chair) categorically denies this happened and that nothing untoward took place, but this is the same Tory party that told us that no rules were broken during the covid lockdown (and many other things that turned out to be false).
We also hear that King Charles has been persuaded not to attend cop 27 in Egypt at the request of Liz Truss, who is attending.  So we have a PM who has got a unfortunate habit of offending government officials from across the globe (especially during her time as foreign secretary) representing the UK and demanding that the King stays away.  King Charles has always been a very keen advocate for green policy and tackling global warming, whilst Truss’s government appear happy to allow the UK to renege on a lot of their promises to become carbon neutral made at the last cop and prior to that.  She is seen as a joke by a lot of other world leaders and has u-turned so much in her political career that whatever rhetoric she spouts in Egypt, she will not be listened too, whereas when King Charles speaks about the climate people do listen.
It’s the same old corrupt Tory Government but with a different leader at the helm.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 2:54pm
"I saw a homeless man today and I felt bad for him.
So I did what I think any of us would do. I drove to the richest most expensive house I could find and pushed a few hundred pounds through their letter box.
Hoping that one day some of that money will trickle down to the homeless man"
THIS IS TORY POLICY!
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

So I did what I think any of us would do. I drove to the richest most expensive house I could find and pushed a few hundred pounds through their letter box.
THIS IS TORY POLICY!

[QUOTE=roy munster]

Not quite.Try-
So I did what I think any of us would do. I borrowed a few hundred pounds and promised that we would pay it back,then drove to the richest most expensive house I could find and pushed it through their letter box.
THIS IS TORY POLICY!

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 5:05pm
“ People know that when their bills arrive, they can either cut their consumption or they can get a higher salary, higher wages, go out there and get that new job.”

- Tory minister Jake Berry.

Basically if you're poor you should get a better paid job and problem solved. Genius. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 5:22pm
Sometimes when your in a bar and there us a person who just keeps annoying you , upsetting the guests and deliberately provoking you ....you have tried to be polite but deep down you know you are going to need to act , however uncomfortable it is for you ....
That is how everyone needs to think before it's to late , because for these people ...winner takes all now ....pensions,  social care , jobs , investments.......there are no secret undercurrent projects to worry about , no subtle innuendos ...they know its over for them and they know that when the system is shattered they can rebuild the future akin to the one written about in Brittania unchained .....
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2022 at 11:44pm

Sometimes when your in a bar and there us a person who just keeps annoying you , upsetting the guests and deliberately provoking you ....you have tried to be polite but deep down you know you are going to need to act , however uncomfortable it is for you ....
That is how everyone needs to think before it's to late , because for these people ...winner takes all now ....pensions,  social care , jobs , investments.......there are no secret undercurrent projects to worry about , no subtle innuendos ...they know its over for them and they know that when the system is shattered they can rebuild the future akin to the one written about in Brittania unchained .....
Don’t worry, one day we shall be writing prize winning poems in Greek and Latin like the Chancellor did in Eton . I have already ordered a “Teach yourself Classical poetry for beginners” book from Amazon . I’m a poet and I don’t know it 😂

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2022 at 12:01am
I'm sure you will have plenty of time to create poems and prose from inside your not so secret bunker in cross hands.....Big smile
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2022 at 12:11am

I'm sure you will have plenty of time to create poems and prose from inside your not so secret bunker in cross hands.....Big smile
I can see your keen to enrich your mind with the purity of the Classics and shall certainly put you down for joining my classical poetry reading group 😃 Anyway must go as I have a poem to complete before dawn 😃
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 63>
  Share Topic