Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Conservative leader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 63>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 12:58am
I agree a lot of what totallybiasedscarlet is saying. He writes with passion and with no little amount of foresight.(How he can continually find the time however, puzzles me)LOL
Constitutional change and moving to a fairer, balanced system is what many of us would want.
Greater powers to the Senedd, would be a start.
The conundrum, the welsh Government faces regarding nurses pay , is a clear indication of this.
Anyone looking at ITV's current affairs programme "Sharp end " tonight, could sense the frustration, and the sincerity in the voice of Mark Drakeford .

Like Legend has said, nurses , do not want strike, but they have ben let down, on pay and conditions now for a long time.
Its no good anyone arguing about the present financial crisis, we have let this simmer , and now its boiled over in uk
At the end of the day, the public have to make a choice, about who we are, and what values we  belong in our society
Do we really want a NHS, properly funded, staffed by dedicated , (well rewarded) professionals ?
These are the people who may save your life, or that of a member of you family.

We are facing probably the most major crisis the NHS has ever faced, in terms of its survival, and what if can deliver, in the present circumstances.
Staff shortages are a real issue and lets be honest, how can you recruit staff, when those currently employed in the service are treated so badly.

My wife was a nurse for over thirty years, and was utterly dedicated, and absolutely loved the job.
She was a RCN member and striking was never ever mentioned.
She fully supports the nurses now though!
Another story, of a friend of mine, a former matron, who came back to work on the covid wards, because she thought it was her duty.
Ten hour shifts in full PPE, and the reward , a nation clapping at six o'clock, well intentioned ,as that may have been !
One of my friends colleagues, also came out of retirement, driven by the same burning desire to to do their duty and help.
Sadly ,that person caught covid and died. Totally tragic ! 

The way we do things needs to change, not just now, but in the long term.
I would like to know, about the money we should have back from Europe, which the UK government is probably sitting on.
I am not not talking about the lies Johnson told during the Brexit referendum, about all the hospitals , that since have never been built. I am talking about funds that we would have contributed to the EU pot. Has some of this , been fairly re-distributed to the devolved administrations ?
Probably not !!!

Finally, talking of |Johnson himself, the obscene spectacle of him making millions, out of speaking tours, after everything he has done to dishonour the role of UK PM, is nauseating in the extreme!
Rules have to be tightened regarding MP's and what they are allowed to do, particularly while the house is sitting. Their first priority are their constituents. This of course means nothing to Tories like Hancock and Johnson

I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 7:54am
Seeing all the headlines about Boris, it’s a shame that his punishment is taking him our tennis-loving audiences. We shall continue to miss his style & wit for far too long.

Some similar headlines for Johnson would make quite some reading.

Imagine if we’d had Becker as PM instead of Johnson!
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Seeing all the headlines about Boris, it’s a shame that his punishment is taking him our tennis-loving audiences. We shall continue to miss his style & wit for far too long.

Some similar headlines for Johnson would make quite some reading.

Imagine if we’d had Becker as PM instead of Johnson!

Both Boris' have similar traits - both pretty handy with rackets & totally corrupt. Quite how Becker managed to clock up debts of £50M without someone asking a few searching questions is beyond me. At least one of them has done time for their corruption I guess while the other gets paid vast sums to talk about it. 
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 8:32am
Why do we only ever discuss nurses wages? what abut the other 33 million workers? Its like some bizarre obsession..Why are they worth more pay increase than everyone else? Theyre already paid more than the average worker...As for the pay increase I dont know all the details but Id suggest the govt simply offers inflation rise in wages to all public sector workers and to afford this, scrap hs2, scrap non doms and what the energy companies with windfall taxes

sir duckling tuft
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Why do we only ever discuss nurses wages? what abut the other 33 million workers? Its like some bizarre obsession..Why are they worth more pay increase than everyone else? Theyre already paid more than the average worker...As for the pay increase I dont know all the details but Id suggest the govt simply offers inflation rise in wages to all public sector workers and to afford this, scrap hs2, scrap non doms and what the energy companies with windfall taxes

Eminently sensible suggestions. You are correct with regard to the other public sector workers. I would suggest that nurses are looked upon as a fairly unique case because of the huge burden placed on them during the covid pandemic. Of course they were not alone in giving this public service but they were front & centre. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 9:05am
Don't worry, there's lots of sectors on strike for better wages. Teachers coming up after Christmas.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 9:44am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Eminently sensible suggestions. You are correct with regard to the other public sector workers. I would suggest that nurses are looked upon as a fairly unique case because of the huge burden placed on them during the covid pandemic. Of course they were not alone in giving this public service but they were front & centre. 

It was an intense period of course but at the same time the numbers of patients attending hospitals during those first 18 months of covid fell dramatically fell by 50% as so many other procedures were cancelled....There are also the others who kept going throughout, the porters, the drivers, the binmen/women, the shop workers, the truck drivers, the carers , etc etc etc The highest death rates from covid was amongst construction workers, quarry workers, bus drivers and taxi drivers etc most of whom were not equipped with the ppe the nhs staff had

Edited by Sir Duckling Tuft - 16 December 2022 at 9:45am
sir duckling tuft
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 9:56am

It was an intense period of course but at the same time the numbers of patients attending hospitals during those first 18 months of covid fell dramatically fell by 50% as so many other procedures were cancelled....There are also the others who kept going throughout, the porters, the drivers, the binmen/women, the shop workers, the truck drivers, the carers , etc etc etc The highest death rates from covid was amongst construction workers, quarry workers, bus drivers and taxi drivers etc most of whom were not equipped with the ppe the nhs staff had
The majority of those you name there weren't working on the frontline of an unknown virus that was killing thousands with little or even inadequate PPE some were wearing bin liners and still putting themselves at risk the tories have taken the great out of britain and are doing their best to smash it to smithereens.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 11:17am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

The majority of those you name there weren't working on the frontline of an unknown virus that was killing thousands with little or even inadequate PPE some were wearing bin liners and still putting themselves at risk the tories have taken the great out of britain and are doing their best to smash it to smithereens.

This
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Don't worry, there's lots of sectors on strike for better wages. Teachers coming up after Christmas.
they didn’t do a tap in covid in fairmess
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 11:46am
Rolls Royce just awarded a 17% payrise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 11:59am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

They were catching it and dying in greater numbers....These workers also kept the country going in lockdown so I disagree with you ..it was bus drivers and taxi drivers who took the nurses to work..Same goes for carers again no one mentions them and their pay because their union isnt as powerful and theyre aid considerably less than nurses and were less protected
sir duckling tuft
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Yeah, we all just sat on our backsides twiddling our thumbs. Easiest job in the world. Easy money. You should do it RR.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 1:17pm

Except conduct live lessons from home & continue to mark work that was submitted electronically! 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Except conduct live lessons from home & continue to mark work that was submitted electronically! 

Create assessments for grading A-Levels and GCSE's, moderate those grades, look after the children of key workers, take food round to the homes of free school meals kids, take IT kit round. Nothing really.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 11:31pm
What really winds me up.us there are no direct questions to any MP. Second jobs bullpoo...the excuses and rationale for it are the same answers I've heard all my life and I'm an old fart.
It's the same with pay rises. Give it to the working class and inflation rises ....its bollocks and yet this rabid corrupt mob waste billions, pocket millions they are not entitled too....screw the Country over with that blonde haired muppet and when you look at how the rich, silver spooned toffs and arseholes control this Country it will never change.....William the Conquer started the rot and this bunch lead by a midget dress size 8 billionaire will eventually screw every person who actually do the 12 hour shifts on days and nights on minimum wage....and the Press reinforce the view that the working class are a greedy bunch who should still be going up chimneys , be servants and subservience to anything that has a privileged birth.
I was born working class and I want everyone to live a good live not beg and beg and beg...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 63>
  Share Topic