Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Conservative leader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 63>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Add that to the fact that it’s just been announced that BOJO has made nearly £300k since he left Downing Street for attending 2 meetings (that’s just what we know he’s declared) and it just sums up what is so wrong with Tory’s big business little state philosophy. Taxing lower and middle income people more, placing millions in fuel poverty, whilst they themselves cash in on extremely lucrative business opportunities afforded to them by big businesses and Tory benefactors.
They do this despite being responsible for trashing the economy and breaking laws etc.  I would love to know what they actually talk about in these meetings - because they never own up to any of their disastrous decisions in public, so can’t imagine them doing so in private.
It’s never their fault that anything goes wrong Austerity 1.0 was labour and Gordon Browns fault (no mention of global factors then), whilst Austerity 2.0 is now the fault of covid, the EU, the Queen and Putin, no mention of Kamikwazi Quarteng and Truss and the fact that the government went into hiding when Bojo stood down in June.  
They now claim to be the government that can be trusted with the economy and are telling the electorate that they shouldn’t trust labour and/or lib dens with the economy - the way I see it, I would trust my 11 year old with the UK budget more than I would trust this Tory party with it.

Whats more Legend is that I and, I would hazard a guess, many more posters on here would trust your 11 year old daughter with the Uk budget as well. 

I should have made it clear that I would trust my 11 year old son.

It's quite interesting how Cameron and Osborne, pinned the world crisis caused by banks on Brown.

Now of course, current crisis, it's NOTHING TO DO WITH the TORIES.
Yes, we have had Covid and Ukraine, but we have also had 12 years of economic stagnation AND, we
have had Truss and the 30 billion problem she caused.
This is a Tory problem, caused by the one prime minister who had to resign, the three they sacked, and the incompetent fool who is there now!

A disagree with Legend about the 11-year-old son.
There is a cat who visits me every day for breakfast who could do better.
LOVES CREAM, SO IN HIS LIFE MUST have been a banker LOL !
I stood yer on tanner bank
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Add that to the fact that it’s just been announced that BOJO has made nearly £300k since he left Downing Street for attending 2 meetings (that’s just what we know he’s declared) and it just sums up what is so wrong with Tory’s big business little state philosophy. Taxing lower and middle income people more, placing millions in fuel poverty, whilst they themselves cash in on extremely lucrative business opportunities afforded to them by big businesses and Tory benefactors.
They do this despite being responsible for trashing the economy and breaking laws etc.  I would love to know what they actually talk about in these meetings - because they never own up to any of their disastrous decisions in public, so can’t imagine them doing so in private.
It’s never their fault that anything goes wrong Austerity 1.0 was labour and Gordon Browns fault (no mention of global factors then), whilst Austerity 2.0 is now the fault of covid, the EU, the Queen and Putin, no mention of Kamikwazi Quarteng and Truss and the fact that the government went into hiding when Bojo stood down in June.  
They now claim to be the government that can be trusted with the economy and are telling the electorate that they shouldn’t trust labour and/or lib dens with the economy - the way I see it, I would trust my 11 year old with the UK budget more than I would trust this Tory party with it.

Whats more Legend is that I and, I would hazard a guess, many more posters on here would trust your 11 year old daughter with the Uk budget as well. 

I should have made it clear that I would trust my 11 year old son.

It's quite interesting how Cameron and Osborne, pinned the world crisis caused by banks on Brown.

Now of course, current crisis, it's NOTHING TO DO WITH the TORIES.
Yes, we have had Covid and Ukraine, but we have also had 12 years of economic stagnation AND, we
have had Truss and the 30 billion problem she caused.
This is a Tory problem, caused by the one prime minister who had to resign, the three they sacked, and the incompetent fool who is there now!

A disagree with Legend about the 11-year-old son.
There is a cat who visits me every day for breakfast who could do better.
LOVES CREAM, SO IN HIS LIFE MUST have been a banker LOL !

Whoever is in charge they use the get out of jail card of blaming the previous government. Labour have got it in their back pocket ready. The same way the conservatives did. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 3:15pm
You can't blame the last government, when the previous 6 governments were all Tories , with the same people but in different positions
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 3:17pm
Wayne pivac man for the job
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 3:42pm
I would still put him top of the last 4 of them
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 8:58pm
As I guess this is the active politics thread, breaking news is Starmer pledges to abolish House of Lords.

We definitely need to get rid of this outdated institution. We're in the 21st century! Well, not Rees-Mogg and the ERG, but the majority of us are. This I can completely back and the defence of it will be interesting to hear.

Could be a googly for Lord Botham and I hope numerous Tory donors kept their receipts. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2022 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

As I guess this is the active politics thread, breaking news is Starmer pledges to abolish House of Lords.

We definitely need to get rid of this outdated institution. We're in the 21st century! Well, not Rees-Mogg and the ERG, but the majority of us are. This I can completely back and the defence of it will be interesting to hear.

Could be a googly for Lord Botham and I hope numerous Tory donors kept their receipts. 

It's still nowhere near enough IMHO. Starmer has no intention of distributing political and economic power. It will all still be centered around the House of Commons and the City of London. He also still appears to be nowhere nearer bringing in PR. Without PR and effective subsidiarity we will just get more of the same Tory Party getting majorities on minority votes and governing a Scotland and Wales that never votes for them. Starmer is running scared of the radical constitutional reform we need. We need a new Union. We need a British Confederation. Welsh, Scottish and English States. A Council of the Isles and retain some common institutions and infrastructure, rights to work and travel etc and reform the BoE as a Bank of Britain. It looks to me like Labour still want to play the political game on the same terms as the Tories. Don't change the old banger of a bus, they say that they're the driver we all need. They've been playing that game for 120 years ... and been in power for only 30.

Regardless, this current political and economic paradigm is coming to an end. The City has just lost its preeminence in Europe to Paris. Brexit is driving Scotland and Northern Ireland down different paths. I think the decline of the UK is terminal. There's no stopping it now. Either we get ahead of it and reform or otherwise we watch the chaotic collapse of the Union.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 1:34pm
That was news to me, I hadn’t heard anything about Starmer wanting to abolish the House of Lords, good on him, I’d say that apart from a few good ones in there, most will only be there on the back of the gravy train that is the Tory party, in the past few months alone, we’ve seen 2 PMs leave office (both entitled to add friends and supporters to the growing numbers of lords sitting in the chamber.
From a PR standpoint, I don’t see Starmer being able to change anything whilst still the leader of the opposition.  I believe that we will have a serious debate about it if Labour win the next general election.  The electoral system does need serious reform - the current system sees the politician with the most votes elected to office, even if they have a tiny majority in a very densely populated electorate, meaning that no other party gets to be represented.  Ironically this Tory government likes the current system so much, they had plans to reform the system by merging constituencies, thus reducing the number of traditional labour constituencies, 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 2:03pm
Observer led with it, as it was their exclusive, BBC buried it down the list. 

One step at a time but a new, elected second chamber also paves the way to introduce more PR. I am likewise sick of votes counting more depending where you live and the result is apathy towards even bothering voting in the first place. Suiting the two main parties just fine but one of them needs to think long term for a change.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 4:42pm
How come theres no protest marches in UK against putins war? Theres marches for everything else

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

How come theres no protest marches in UK against putins war? Theres marches for everything else

The world is full of woke snowflakes where changing the name of gingerbread man to gingerbread person is more important. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:13pm
The real question is do people in general really care...a minority of people protest but the press is set up to ignore the facts and only publish the status quo .... When people see reports of people struggling they might give it the thought for a second then move on... Its because there is so much pain being broadcast that in the end people get de sensitised.
So whether it's a murder, a child starving or a woman getting attacked... Its a fleeting thought and then back to the normal day to day struggled for use all... The far right and their think tanks have been analysing the above point and then governments react accordingly because they know that by piling pain on us all, eventual we will stop noticing what they are doing and this not holding them to account....
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Observer led with it, as it was their exclusive, BBC buried it down the list. 

One step at a time but a new, elected second chamber also paves the way to introduce more PR. I am likewise sick of votes counting more depending where you live and the result is apathy towards even bothering voting in the first place. Suiting the two main parties just fine but one of them needs to think long term for a change.

Thanks for that Dr M, the fact that it’s not deemed newsworthy by the BBC explains why I hadn’t seen it.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

The real question is do people in general really care...a minority of people protest but the press is set up to ignore the facts and only publish the status quo .... When people see reports of people struggling they might give it the thought for a second then move on... Its because there is so much pain being broadcast that in the end people get de sensitised.
So whether it's a murder, a child starving or a woman getting attacked... Its a fleeting thought and then back to the normal day to day struggled for use all... The far right and their think tanks have been analysing the above point and then governments react accordingly because they know that by piling pain on us all, eventual we will stop noticing what they are doing and this not holding them to account....

Bad news has certainly been buried under worse news for the past several years...
The question on Russias invasion between obsessed over by the media but ignored by protestors highlights the agendas and bias at work... why do we only protest certain things and not others like the Ukraine war? It seems everyone has their own agenda and these differ greatly between media outlets to universities and pressure groups. Even the way they report crimes sets one group against another, the old divide and conquer is alive and well. Why do some attacks or murders get reported and not others, perhaps deemed less commercial perhaps by the cynical tabloids?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 11:35am
Great analysis 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 12:50pm
What would you protest with regards to the Ukraine - Russia war? Would you stand with Corbyn and say no to supporting Ukraine or would you protest outside the Russian embassy against their actions? It doesn't strike me as being the same as the Iraq or Afghanistan wars where the US had a particular agenda and Blair took us in making all sorts of wild and untrue claims. There was a clear and obvious reason to protest those wars. Personally I was dead against them. I surmised that they were imperialist campaigns to secure access to resources. The present war appears to me to be one where Ukraine has for the most part turned Westward facing and Russia is trying to spank them back into line. I'm honestly of the opinion that this is a war NATO ought to enter and put to an end - drive Russia back behind their borders and then start talking about peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 63>
  Share Topic