FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Drakeford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Drakeford
    Posted: 12 June 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

If tfw is state owned and run he could make it free to use then?

He could, or charge a flat rate of £5 per week, in Germany its 9 euros a week.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 6:34pm
Wales has less high incone earners and more people percentage wise than any part of the uk. Our own tax system
Would see our finamces collapse tbh
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 6:09pm

The problem is the Welsh Government have very little fiscal firepower as they only have very limited tax and borrowing powers. That means that the little they can do on the cost of living really needs to be targeted at the very poorest (which free public transport for all isn’t). If on the other hand the UK government allowed free public transport in England (which they can because of the tax and borrowing powers they have, but won’t because of ideology), the WG would receive consequential spending allowing them to do the same in Wales. 
The WG really need much more tax and borrowing powers (including being able to borrow on international markets) to be able to do much more in situations like this. As I’m sure you know I’d prefer it if that happened because Wales was independent but it’s something that can and should happen even without any federalisation / independence. 
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I was hoping this was a thread asking where is mark drakeford and what is he doing about the fuel crisis?

I’m not sure there is anything he can do about the fuel crisis. 

He needs to think of something, otherwise theres no point him being there

You honestly think he can solve it? Really?

Did I even say that? what a silly reply
sir duckling tuft
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 3:55pm
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Could give free public transport for all i guess?

They recently did something a bit like this in Germany to reduce the volume of people driving their own cars. Seems clever but also German politician have more urgent responsibility to ‘do something’ about reducing their energy reliance on Russia than and U.K. politicians at the moment

Germany have announced one such system but they own and run the railways so are able to do.  Unfortunately for us, the Tory government under John Major privatised the railways so that a privileged few could make a handsome packet off the backs of the general population.
As such, they cannot order the railway companies to reduce prices or slash them completely, just to help with the current fuel and financial crisis.
However, the welsh assembly, who took over the running of the train industry in Wales have already been able to do some things differently - over the past fortnight I’ve done quite a bit of travelling by train (within Wales) and was pleasantly surprised to find that children under 11 travel for free within the network, however, that changes as soon as you cross over the border into England.
The Scottish government have a similar scheme under Scotrail, but there’s no such schemes in England as the whole railway system is set up in order to make big profits for the rail companies and their shareholders.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 2:21pm
I avoid all public transport if i can. The tube is the only 1 i enjoy as the people on it are as grumpy as meWink
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 1:57pm

Ever used Transport for Wales? I’d rather pay for fuel. Absolute embarrassment of a company. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 1:55pm

They recently did something a bit like this in Germany to reduce the volume of people driving their own cars. Seems clever but also German politician have more urgent responsibility to ‘do something’ about reducing their energy reliance on Russia than and U.K. politicians at the moment
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 6:53pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 6:41pm

I was hoping this was a thread asking where is mark drakeford and what is he doing about the fuel crisis?

He actually cannot do anything about it. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 6:35pm
I don’t think he could solve a  children’s cross  word  puzxle tbh but even i can’t blame him for  the petrol crisis
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 6:16pm

You honestly think he can solve it? Really?
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 1:40pm

sir duckling tuft
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 11:50am
In fairness after the season we just had no
One can accuse of being on pedsWink
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by Openside75 Openside75 wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Don't have an opinion on this as I don't know enough about the science, and the social aspect is a trigger that I am not going to pull, but the query I have with safety based on muscle mass is that rugby is often stated as a game for all shapes and sizes. Perhaps an outdated phrase now, but if muscle mass and safety aspect is linked, would people then also apply this in a conventional male-only game? There are often large size differences between players, which must be a similar safety hazard no? If a male player is below a certain level should they not play?

I think discussions on the social aspect over-estimate the number of people it would apply to as well, I think we are talking about a very small number of individuals (I might be wrong).

Plus if they end up conducting routine testosterone monitoring then I bet a lot of rugby players would get pretty worried!
Wow don't have an opinion on it but willing to accuse many a make rugby player of illegal performance enhancing  drug abuse, ok.... Sit down you pillock. 

Bit over sensitive there, I thought it pretty obvious that was a joke. And yes, I do have suspicions that performance enhancing drugs are used in the sport to a level greater than known publically. A different opinion to your own perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're used in most pro sports.

But that risks hijacking the thread, which is not my aim. Most of my post was actually serious comments about the topic.

Anyone who thinks there isn’t any connections with drugs, performance enhancing or otherwise, in sport is very naive. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic