Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales U20 squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 8:07am
This is why it’s a monumental f up because Wales A don’t have any fixtures. 

Alex Dombrant played for Wales U20s but was not captured hence why he’s eligible to play for England now.

For a reason not known by me we can’t change the qualifying team.

This is the WRU at its best 
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

This is why it’s a monumental f up because Wales A don’t have any fixtures. 

Alex Dombrant played for Wales U20s but was not captured hence why he’s eligible to play for England now.

For a reason not known by me we can’t change the qualifying team.

This is the WRU at its best 
But Alex Dombrandt wouldn't have played for Wales 20s if it was a capture team. He always wanted to play for England. That's why they've registered Wales A as their second team because loads of dual qualified players were turning down the opportunity to play for Wales 20s. There's method in this madness because it has allowed Wales to get extra players into their system.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 10:39am
What’s the point of getting plAyers in the under 20 system who have no wish to player senior rugby for wales?  As you  correctly say dombrandt had no wish to play regional rugby here or test rugby for wales so why cap him? All we did was aid his development for england,  daft call tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 22 June 2022 at 10:40am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 11:11am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

What’s the point of getting plAyers in the under 20 system who have no wish to player senior rugby for wales?  As you  correctly say dombrandt had no wish to play regional rugby here or test rugby for wales so why cap him? All we did was aid his development for england,  daft call tbh
Thats not what I’m saying. It’s unfair to make a dual qualified player throw his hat in with one nation at say the age of 18. It’s about getting them into the system so they play for Wales. Also, you must remember that players are often guided by their agents. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 11:17am
For me if your 20 you know what nationality  you know you are. Your only tied for 5 years now anyhow i think?? So if you pick wales at 18 but change your mind you can then switch at 23 ? Or am i wrong?

Edited by RR1972 - 22 June 2022 at 11:18am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

For me if your 20 you know what nationality  you know you are. Your only tied for 5 years now anyhow i think?? So if you pick wales at 18 but change your mind you can then switch at 23 ? Or am i wrong?

Think its if your capped - 5 years after your last cap. 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 7:44am
Capping Dombrant only helped England and denied somebody who wanted to play senior rugby for Wales get his first opportunity in an International environment.

I’m sure that money has a lot to do with players wanting to play for England instead of Wales, world rugby could step in and put caps on what International teams can pay that would see players think a bit differently.
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 8:18am
Eligibility to play international level at U20 level is a bit different to Full international or A Team as players who aren’t qualified by birth/grandparents can be selected if they are studying full time in a country even if not 3/5 yes resident . If we had kept the U 20 as the capture team it would have been easy enough to have a rule excluding any one selected purely on those grounds. The sad thing is since the Wales A team was relaunched it hasn’t played a game.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Capping Dombrant only helped England and denied somebody who wanted to play senior rugby for Wales get his first opportunity in an International environment.

I’m sure that money has a lot to do with players wanting to play for England instead of Wales, world rugby could step in and put caps on what International teams can pay that would see players think a bit differently.
not sure but wales test players are on big money as nig as england. The pi nations on the other hand
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 2:03pm
Iwan Stephens (son of Colin) named in the England U20 team to play the boks. Anyone see much of him play for falcons ? 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 4:32pm
good match fot the boys at the moment...Blues are most represented on the field...
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

good match fot the boys at the moment...Blues are most represented on the field...
It’s 34 degrees so very hot for rugby!! Not many watching the game outside family and friends though. 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 6:04pm
Wales 45 Scotland 15 Full Time 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 6:56pm
The ospreys 8 and 10 and dragons winger v good, well played wales

Edited by RR1972 - 25 June 2022 at 6:58pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 7:44pm
But not one Scarlets player? 🤔
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 12:28am
We only had one in team, seems an odd set up tbh 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic