Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

time to end the barbarians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: time to end the barbarians
    Posted: 19 June 2022 at 2:36pm
The ethos of Barbarians RFC has slowly been ebbed away by professionalism and today's game against England highlights that it is now time for the Babas to be wound up....

The barbarians was ALWAYS about different people from different countries and leagues coming together for the love of the game and playing rugby at it's core beliefs of entertainment and expansive rugby.

Today out of the 23 selected, 22 play in the TOP14. The only player not plying their trade in France is George Kruis who is playing his final rugby game after retiring.

This isn't England vs Barbarians, It's England vs top 14
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2022 at 3:13pm
I was surprised to find it not on any TV listings i could find.

It does seem like sharp practice for the coach to use it as a trial for some fringe/injury comeback established stars to aid their World Cup (and beyond) planning.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2022 at 3:36pm
If you don’t like it don’t watch it?

If others enjoy the ‘product’ they can pay £50 for a ticket at HQ and a few pints
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
EMGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2022 at 3:44pm
It's on Prime TV.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by EMGM EMGM wrote:

It's on Prime TV.
Thanks.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
EMGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2022 at 4:01pm
Prime also advertising complete coverage of the Autumn Internationals!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2022 at 5:42pm
Was a good game, penaud what a player
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 7:28am
Well I enjoyed the game which was shown on Amazon Prime - what isn't there to enjoy about seeing Eddie's boys getting a right good pasting!!!!!Worrying signs for Eddie that his wider squad may not be strong enough to give the depth they will need come World Cup. I agree Penaud is superb & that young 9 Garrec I think is some player. Also full back Spring is going to be a real handful. 

Shaun Edwards again proving that he can mould a team into a decent defensive unit with very little preparation mostly which consists of days on the sauce. What a horrendous decision it was to allow him to leave the Welsh set up & judging by England's total lack of defensive ability yesterday you have to wonder why he was never considered by England. 

England, Wales & Scotland heading for also rans in France next year I am afraid. Borthwick & Sinfield should be approached by the RFU ASAP, but, of course, that would take some common sense from the blazers.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 8:35am
50 points, a couple of length of the field tries, 5 countries represented, a backheel conversion and uncapped players is close enough to Barbarians ethos for me, which league they play in doesn't really bother me.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

50 points, a couple of length of the field tries, 5 countries represented, a backheel conversion and uncapped players is close enough to Barbarians ethos for me, which league they play in doesn't really bother me.

Precisely - for those calling for an end to the Baa-Baas listen to what it meant to George Kruis after the game. Lets not forget THAT TRY which we have all seen so many times recently. The Baa-Baas that day were unashamedly selected from the 71 Lions ranks & certainly did not take the field to half heartedly compete & throw the ball around aimlessly. They took the field to win & long may it continue. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 10:09am
France great bet for the world cup
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 10:28am
Favourites at home worth a punt LOL
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:04am
Back heeling conversions the way forward, are france really faves? Boks and nz must be right up there
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:09am
France would be my choice as they have two superb coaches in Galthie & Edwards. They have power, pace, panache and now defensive solidity. They are still prone to ill-discipline but they are a wonderful team to watch especially in front of their adoring fans. 

Ireland, NZ & the Boks will have something to say about it for sure.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:20am
France & South Africa are joint favourites for me at the moment, I haven't seen much of the All Blacks to be able to comment on them. You know Australia will be there or there abouts really.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:28am
Im interested to see how NZ go over the next few months, i read the general feeling round Foster that he's not the man for the job. 3 games at home to an Ireland squad who have everything to prove with a taste of All Black blood and then 2 big games away to RSA should be tasty to watch 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic