Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back in training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 4:14pm
does look tidy actually
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 4:16pm

Great to see Joe Roberts training. There was talk he had suffered a bad knee injury against the Stormers .
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Great to see Joe Roberts training. There was talk he had suffered a bad knee injury against the Stormers .

Excellent news.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

He was wearing some sort of compression tights under his shorts, which must be some sort of support for an injury because it was absolutely roasting today. As you say, great to see him out there though. I was afraid he’d snapped an ACL again. The injury (hopefully) can’t be that bad if he’s back on the field in some capacity on the first day of pre-season.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2022 at 7:34pm
Glad Joe is up and about! Very promising 13 and looked eager to get stuck in.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:17am
I’m really looking forward to seeing how Fifita fits into our game plan, he looks really athletic (from the photo posted by the club), so could we see him playing mostly at 6 with Shingler covering the bench.  Fifita’s brother at Connacht looks like your hard nosed bruising second row, perhaps they could link up at the scarlets some day.
London Scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

For those of you who follow the Scarlets on social media, they've put some pictures up of players training in their new Castore kit. Must say I do like the blue training jersey,

We seem to be getting drip fed images and video of the new kit. I do quite like the blue which I’m assuming will be away kit colour. Aren’t we expecting something special this season for 150?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 7:31pm
Did anyone else see Cubby in the background of the Instagram posts?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by London Scarlet London Scarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

For those of you who follow the Scarlets on social media, they've put some pictures up of players training in their new Castore kit. Must say I do like the blue training jersey,

We seem to be getting drip fed images and video of the new kit. I do quite like the blue which I’m assuming will be away kit colour. Aren’t we expecting something special this season for 150?

Yes it seems nice. I have heard about the 150 shirt but not sure I’ve seen anything confirmed. 

Edited by Fscarlet - 22 July 2022 at 7:43pm
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Alot of people writing WGJ off. He could come good many players take a season to settle into the team. Could be like a new signing this year. 

WGJ has been almost constantly injured so far, so not really managed a run of game to get up to full match fitness.
Also, he was a huge guy when at Sale, but he looks decidedly leaner now. Not sure whether this is by design, ie., to improve mobility, or a consequence of his injuries limiting his gym time. Any ideas on this one?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 8:28pm
Why was Cubby training with the team today in Pembrey? Twitter is saying new job with the club as head of recruitment which seems incredible . It’s a  joke or fake news  surely 🤔

Edited by reesytheexile - 22 July 2022 at 11:40pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Why was Cubby training with the team today in Pembrey? Twitter is saying new job with the club as head of recruitment which seems incredible . It’s a total joke surely 🤔
Those who underestimate Cubby’s ability and intelligence have often been proved wrong.

His ability to be comedic hides that intelligence.

Hé has a warmth about him that shows he cares for people away from the rugby pitch, whatever age.

Too small for pro rugby. too this, too that. Despite it all, he’s achieved a huge amount.

I’d not bet against him being a success.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 10:15pm

Why was Cubby training with the team today in Pembrey? Twitter is saying new job with the club as head of recruitment which seems incredible . It’s a total joke surely 🤔

Do you have a copy of his CV? 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 10:23pm

I reckon if old Son-In-Law got a job like that you'd be on here congratulating him...

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 22 July 2022 at 10:28pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Those who underestimate Cubby’s ability and intelligence have often been proved wrong.

His ability to be comedic hides that intelligence.

Hé has a warmth about him that shows he cares for people away from the rugby pitch, whatever age.

Too small for pro rugby. too this, too that. Despite it all, he’s achieved a huge amount.

I’d not bet against him being a success.
True. I’m pretty sure he has a degree in Business, so isn’t as daft as he makes out. 

I’ve seen some posts on social media criticising the club for offering Cubby a role on the staff. I quite like that we’re giving him an opportunity to transition away from the pitch to the office. 
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 10:46pm

Melt 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic