Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back in training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Why was Cubby training with the team today in Pembrey? Twitter is saying new job with the club as head of recruitment which seems incredible . It’s a total joke surely 🤔

Do you have a copy of his CV? 

I’m pretty sure recruitment experience won’t be on there. 
Sponsored Links

RFC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2022 at 11:12pm

Another awful thread 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by RFC RFC wrote:

Another awful thread 
Another awful post by a troll. Improve or leave.
RFC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by RFC RFC wrote:

Another awful thread 
Another awful post by a troll. Improve or leave.

100%
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 7:15pm
Oh for the good old days on here. 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 9:23pm
Hi Steve. I dont know what the job is. But im sure the scarlets wont employ someone jyst for the sake of it. With such an important role, im sure due diligence would have been undertaken.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 9:58pm
What does head of recruitnent do? Is the guy who scouts the players? Guy who deals with new signings? Guy who deals with retention? Not a knock on cubby but i’d guess he has  zero experience in any of those fields?.  Seems a strange move if we are honest. Hopefully it’s one he does well in 

Edited by RR1972 - 24 July 2022 at 10:03pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 10:12pm

Anyone know if Jon Daniels as left ? It was his job regards head of recruitment.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I have absolutely no knowledge of Cubby's qualifications but Dwayne was on record on many occasions last season saying how great he was around the team & how knowledgable he was about the game. He also identified in him the fierce desire to play for the Scarlets which as a package of traits makes him a very suitable candidate for being around the squad in some capacity - be it team manager etc.

Dic - there are many posters on here who regularly throw out badly thought through comments with little thought of the consequences but Reesy is not one of them so cut him some slack please. 
And just to add - Pivac used to say he (along with Barclay and Shingler) was the beating heart of the squad. Totally professional. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 10:39pm
I bet he is v popular with the team and a big part of the social side of things but he doesn’t seem to me to be cut out for the board room or to be dealing with agents and lawyers etc. Him and puvac seem cut from
The same cloth to me  no wonder they got on so well

Edited by RR1972 - 24 July 2022 at 10:41pm
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 8:12am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I bet he is v popular with the team and a big part of the social side of things but he doesn’t seem to me to be cut out for the board room or to be dealing with agents and lawyers etc. Him and puvac seem cut from
The same cloth to me  no wonder they got on so well
I'm sure he was popular but his key strength according to Pivac was that he was a total professional.  That is a transferable skill but I get the point that he would also need experience to take on his new role.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 25 July 2022 at 8:12am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 8:15am
That may have been the case in training and his diet etc but we have all seen him do daft things in the pitch or come out with silly comments off it. As i said he maybe great at this job bit no one here would have been pushing him to become head of recruitment untill this annoucement was made. I could see him more in a player welfare type of job or going into schools colleges maybe there will be a cross over

Edited by RR1972 - 25 July 2022 at 9:01am
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 9:28am
its just not good image for scarlets that it seems a job has just been made up without any sort of advertisement to the public.
cubby may be professional but what experience does he have? has he had an interview for the post and has it been put out for other people to apply for? sorry might sound pendantic but we have come over for years as having "JOBS for the BOYS" and this just appears to be another. 

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 9:34am
Surely its not the function of a supporter to attempt to micro-manage the business which very committed directors with massive financial commitments have been doing pretty successfully for many years. Any decision around how they spend very precious resources will have been thought through & agreed upon.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 9:43am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

its just not good image for scarlets that it seems a job has just been made up without any sort of advertisement to the public.
cubby may be professional but what experience does he have? has he had an interview for the post and has it been put out for other people to apply for? sorry might sound pendantic but we have come over for years as having "JOBS for the BOYS" and this just appears to be another. 

Roles are created in business for the right person all the time. My current role didn't exist within the company until we decided to change things around.

I doubt he would have been given the role without an interview.

Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 10:04am
Job’s for the boys club yet again. When will we ever learn, what experience has Cubby ever had with recruiting players. Whoever signed off on this at board level needs to collect their P45 on the way to the circus.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic