Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for 2nd test.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for 2nd test.
    Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:01am
For me injuries permitting I would start with the same 15 - they deserve another chance. On the bench is where I would make some changes :- 16. Lake  17. Wyn 18. Harri 19. AWJ 20 Navidi 21. Cawdor 22. Anscombe 23. Watkin.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:08am
Id play watkin 12 put   Harri wyn jones  cawdor to bench and ratti

Edited by RR1972 - 03 July 2022 at 9:09am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:13am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Id play watkin 12 put   Harri wyn jones  cawdor to bench and ratti

Like you RR I am no fan of Tompkins. I would play both Johnny Williams and Watkin ahead of him but Pivac seems to like him. Ratti for Navidi gives us another big unit and some more lineout ability. We used Faletau a lot at lineout time which as a result lessens your midfield carrying options. With Ratti & Faletau we could carry harder I think. 
Coch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

For me injuries permitting I would start with the same 15 - they deserve another chance. On the bench is where I would make some changes :- 16. Lake  17. Wyn 18. Harri 19. AWJ 20 Navidi 21. Cawdor 22. Anscombe 23. Watkin.
Yup sounds spot on for me. Tomos Williams going through bad patch Cawdor will be on fire . As suspected after all the WOL hype Carre offered little,again.Hardly noticed any difference when he was carded. Good luck to Harri and no Pivac,  don't even think about switching Wyn to tight head.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 10:25am
Carre is rubbish williams part of the over hyped cardiff set neither should be in the 23 tbh
lordcuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 3:39pm
I'd be tempted to see what Ratti offers. I'd love to see Faletau at 6 and Ratti at 8 but unlikely. I think we'll go with
Thomas, Lake, Lewis, Beard, Rowlands, Navidi, Reffell, Faletau, Hardy, Biggs, LRZ, Tompkins, North, Adams, Sanjay
Wyn, Elias, Sam Wainwright (edges it for me JUST), AWJ, Ratti, Tomos W, Anscombe, Johnny W
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by lordcuthbert lordcuthbert wrote:

I'd be tempted to see what Ratti offers. I'd love to see Faletau at 6 and Ratti at 8 but unlikely. I think we'll go with
Thomas, Lake, Lewis, Beard, Rowlands, Navidi, Reffell, Faletau, Hardy, Biggs, LRZ, Tompkins, North, Adams, Sanjay
Wyn, Elias, Sam Wainwright (edges it for me JUST), AWJ, Ratti, Tomos W, Anscombe, Johnny W

Surprised earlier to read that he's never started a pro match. At least Harri's started 1 for us.
lordcuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by lordcuthbert lordcuthbert wrote:

Surprised earlier to read that he's never started a pro match. At least Harri's started 1 for us.

Yeah it's a close one. Wainwright is a few years older, a bit bigger and I presume will have been scrummaging the best at Sarries. Unless Pivac and co have seen something else in training, I'd go with Sam
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 4:39pm
If we don't  change the starting XV, we'll lose. We have to change it up. We need to alter the backrow balance and put Johnny in the centre  preferably in place of Tompkins. Wainwright has to be favourite to be on the bench because he was an initial selection for the tour. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 4:50pm
Ref for Saturday will be Angus Gardner from Aus.

3rd Test will be Matt Carley. Don't think he likes the Welsh. He certainly does not like the Scarlets.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Ref for Saturday will be Angus Gardner from Aus.

3rd Test will be Matt Carley. Don't think he likes the Welsh. He certainly does not like the Scarlets.

Shouldn't  be a problem then.Wink
Keep the faith
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

If we don't  change the starting XV, we'll lose. We have to change it up. We need to alter the backrow balance and put Johnny in the centre  preferably in place of Tompkins. Wainwright has to be favourite to be on the bench because he was an initial selection for the tour. 
Why? That team came within inches of of beating the world champions on their own patch and deserve another opportunity. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 6:58pm

Why? The XV who started against South Africa were outstanding and came within a whisker of beating the world champions on their own patch. They deserve an opportunity to back it up. One of Pivac’s problems has been the chopping and changing in selection, consistency is needed after that. There’s perhaps a case for Lake and Navidi but on the whole it needs to be same again barring injury. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Why? The XV who started against South Africa were outstanding and came within a whisker of beating the world champions on their own patch. They deserve an opportunity to back it up. One of Pivac’s problems has been the chopping and changing in selection, consistency is needed after that. There’s perhaps a case for Lake and Navidi but on the whole it needs to be same again barring injury. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

Every combination needs more time, the centres Tompkins and North especially. The back row too.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Why? That team came within inches of of beating the world champions on their own patch and deserve another opportunity. 
same starting team but bench wise  carre doesn’t neither does tomas williams

Edited by RR1972 - 04 July 2022 at 9:13pm
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 9:19pm
Because the Boks will improve more than we will this week. We have played one tournament this year- this is their first get together since the autumn. They are also just better at many of the basics than we are- tight forward play particularly. If we don't bring an element of surprise to next Saturday, then they will be able to turn the screw. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic