Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for 2nd test.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Adams dropped for cuthbert? Pivac never fails to make at least 1 bizarre pick
Did you watch the game last week and did you catch any of the Six Nations?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Adams dropped for cuthbert? Pivac never fails to make at least 1 bizarre pick
Did you watch the game last week and did you catch any of the Six Nations?
Cuthbert was outstanding in the 6 Nations and deserves a chance. Adams may even be carrying a niggle. It’s a good 23 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 6:11pm
Cuthbert was ok but Adams has been world class for 3 years , I'd have gone with him
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 8:34pm
Kind of agree, Adams has been one of best wingers in the world for last 3 years.

But LRZ and Cuthbert both have this extra touch of XFactor in raw pace and in Cutbert’s case, power.

If it was a WC final tomorrow I’d pick Adams but I can see why Pivac might want to see if a North&Cuthbert combo can get gainline. 

Nice problem to have!

Edited by dyniol53 - 07 July 2022 at 8:36pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 10:16pm
Well done to Javan, selected for Scotland again :)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 2:58am
who knows he may end up with cuthbert at 13 if north gets injured
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 7:06am
I don't agree that Adams' form over the past 3 years should make him an automatic selection. At last Pivac is picking on current form - Gareth Thomas, Rowlands, Reffell etc. Cuthbert has performed every time Pivac has asked him to. Adams has had a knock and frankly was very quiet last Saturday and got subbed. His work rate dropped which may be due to being lacking in gametime.

Wales' game is based on hard kick chase so the wingers need to get involved. I don't think there is much difference in pace and Cuthbert certainly has the height & bulk to cause issues. Adams is one of those rare players who can cover back three and centre so a sensible selection. What I totally fail to understand is the continuing omission of Cawdor who is a proven match winner. 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I don't agree that Adams' form over the past 3 years should make him an automatic selection. At last Pivac is picking on current form - Gareth Thomas, Rowlands, Reffell etc. Cuthbert has performed every time Pivac has asked him to. Adams has had a knock and frankly was very quiet last Saturday and got subbed. His work rate dropped which may be due to being lacking in gametime.

Wales' game is based on hard kick chase so the wingers need to get involved. I don't think there is much difference in pace and Cuthbert certainly has the height & bulk to cause issues. Adams is one of those rare players who can cover back three and centre so a sensible selection. What I totally fail to understand is the continuing omission of Cawdor who is a proven match winner

I'm with you 100% on this. Especially after Williams' blunder last week. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 12:45pm
Cawdor disappearance has mystified me for a few years, on his day a world class player and proven match winner
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 2:10pm
If cuthbert makes a break i hope he picks his head up and looks for support, he gets isolated too often which is a shame as he beats the first man on most ocassions
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 5:00pm
Awful pitch, awful half of rugby,  hope the game improves. 
Keep the faith
Milli View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 5:41pm
AWJ YC, and he didnt even touch the ball, what a joke
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 5:44pm
YC was an awful call. However we really haven’t been good today. Should never have so many lineout throws not straight at this level. Lots of other basic errors around the pitch too
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 5:47pm
Watching this team is painful. 

Every aspect of Wales game has been pretty poor. And Anscombe just missed an easy kick by quite some margin. 

Edited by Sosban89 - 09 July 2022 at 5:48pm
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 5:57pm
One point up with one minute to go.Aand North knocks on..... arggggh
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2022 at 6:01pm
13-12 win...  deeply conservative, but very satisfying...  Wainwright held his ground in the last couple of scrums but he'll have to start next week probably. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic